RVIA?? - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 01-31-2021, 02:53 PM   #21
Junior Member
 
Name: Anthony
Trailer: Casita
OH
Posts: 26
How do I find a list of campsites that I can't go to without RVIA approval?
ACZ06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2021, 02:55 PM   #22
Junior Member
 
Name: Anthony
Trailer: Casita
OH
Posts: 26
I really am interested in those new Cortes campers. Anybody heard of them? Are they RVIA certified? It doesn't say on their website...
ACZ06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2021, 03:06 PM   #23
Senior Member
 
Glenn Baglo's Avatar
 
Name: Glenn ( second 'n' is silent )
Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
British Columbia
Posts: 7,391
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACZ06 View Post
How do I find a list of campsites that I can't go to without RVIA approval?

Why not just make your own? Photograph a decal, Include a line of small print saying it's not real. Stick it on with hot glue. Or you can probably find one on the internet. Then there is this Canadian sticker.
Attached Thumbnails
CSA sticker.jpg  
__________________
What happens to the hole when the cheese is gone?
- Bertolt Brecht
Glenn Baglo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2021, 06:19 PM   #24
Commercial Member
 
Name: Mike
Trailer: Boler13/trillium4500/buro13
Ontario
Posts: 948
All Happier Campers are RIVA certified . Yes having RIVA certification does not make HC better but it does make it much easier for buyers to finance their purchases as many lenders will not finance trailers without certification.
Mikmay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2021, 06:21 PM   #25
Junior Member
 
Name: Anthony
Trailer: Casita
OH
Posts: 26
Thats good 2 know! Thanks!
ACZ06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 10:37 AM   #26
Senior Member
 
Name: Henry
Trailer: BigFoot
Tennessee
Posts: 1,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Baglo View Post
Why not just make your own? Photograph a decal, Include a line of small print saying it's not real. Stick it on with hot glue. Or you can probably find one on the internet. Then there is this Canadian sticker.
Ha! I wuz thinkin' the same thing..
__________________
2019 Big Foot 25RQ with cargo box and onboard Cummins LP 2500 generator, 2019 Ram 2500 4x4, 6.7L Cummins
Rzrbrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 10:43 AM   #27
Senior Member
 
Name: bill
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19; 1977 Trillium 1300
The Mountains of North Carolina
Posts: 3,349
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikmay View Post
it does make it much easier for buyers to finance their purchases as many lenders will not finance trailers without certification.
Thrifty Bill’s first rule for financial freedom: Never, ever, finance a discretionary purchase of a declining asset. Boats, motorcycles, campers and sports cars all fit in that category. I camped in a tent for years due to the lack of funds to buy a camper. I had similar experiences and FUN with a garage sale tent.

If I have to finance, I wait. To paraphrase Dave Ramsey: first you have to live like no one else, so later you can live and give like no one else.
thrifty bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 12:21 PM   #28
Commercial Member
 
Name: Mike
Trailer: Boler13/trillium4500/buro13
Ontario
Posts: 948
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrifty bill View Post
Thrifty Billís first rule for financial freedom: Never, ever, finance a discretionary purchase of a declining asset. Boats, motorcycles, campers and sports cars all fit in that category. I camped in a tent for years due to the lack of funds to buy a camper. I had similar experiences and FUN with a garage sale tent.

If I have to finance, I wait. To paraphrase Dave Ramsey: first you have to live like no one else, so later you can live and give like no one else.
Iíd agree with you with most of those cases even with most stick trailers but with fg trailers itís a different ball game ,most HC1s as well as most fg trailers are selling for more than customers paid for them but try telling that to a bank or finance company as they just lump them in with every other trailer manufacturer.
Mikmay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 12:56 PM   #29
Senior Member
 
ZachO's Avatar
 
Name: Z
Trailer: Sasquatch
Montana
Posts: 2,550
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Baglo View Post
Then there is this Canadian sticker.
So that's what this is supposed to look like!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3858.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	156.3 KB
ID:	139241
ZachO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 12:59 PM   #30
Senior Member
 
Glenn Baglo's Avatar
 
Name: Glenn ( second 'n' is silent )
Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
British Columbia
Posts: 7,391
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZachO View Post
So that's what this is supposed to look like!

Attachment 139241

Yup. Works for me.
__________________
What happens to the hole when the cheese is gone?
- Bertolt Brecht
Glenn Baglo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 02:08 PM   #31
Senior Member
 
Donna D.'s Avatar
 
Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
Posts: 25,216
For those that want a sticker, here... I made one for you. As you can tell, 100% joke.
Attached Thumbnails
RVIA-Joke-Mine.JPG  
__________________
Donna D.
Ten Forward - 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Double Yolk - 1988 16' Scamp Deluxe
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 02:46 PM   #32
Senior Member
 
Glenn Baglo's Avatar
 
Name: Glenn ( second 'n' is silent )
Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
British Columbia
Posts: 7,391
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
For those that want a sticker, here... I made one for you. As you can tell, 100% joke.

It's a beaut.
__________________
What happens to the hole when the cheese is gone?
- Bertolt Brecht
Glenn Baglo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 04:43 PM   #33
Senior Member
 
Name: Steve
Trailer: Scamp 13
California
Posts: 1,890
call RIVA and see if they will back you up if there is a warranty issue with the manufacturer. Then you will see what the sticker is worth. Sticker has a sharp edge but no teeth.
stevebaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2021, 12:38 AM   #34
Senior Member
 
Name: Dave
Trailer: 2013Escape 21
Iowa
Posts: 747
I have no respect for exclusivity or anyone associated with it. I can look at steel, fiberglass, wood and whatever components a trailer is built from and be fairly certain I can ascertain the quality myself.

We drive 400 miles on I 80 from Iowa to Indiana several times each year. If I had a dollar fo every piece of floppy siding, loose wheel well flares, and bulged by the wind roof rubber I’ve seen on new trailers being towed out of Elkhart in the past 20 years on I 80 and I70 to Columbus, I could pay my camping fees for a season of 70 nights in the cheap seats where I like the people and the view.
Iowa Dave
Iowa Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2021, 07:28 PM   #35
Senior Member
 
John in Santa Cruz's Avatar
 
Name: John
Trailer: Escape 21, behind an '02 F250 7.3 diesel tug
Mid Left Coast
Posts: 2,184
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACZ06 View Post
Any thoughts on this new dealership program for molded fiberglass campers? I don't think any of the other companies have dealers...


www.cortescampers.com
Bigfoots are sold at dealers. I think that is the only one out of the major fiberglass brands.
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 08:25 AM   #36
Senior Member
 
Alf S.'s Avatar
 
Name: Alfred
Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA/ 2016 Ram V6 Eco Diesel
Ontario
Posts: 4,040
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Sticky!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
For those that want a sticker, here... I made one for you. As you can tell, 100% joke.
Hi: Donna D... I've hoid of "Sticker shock" before, but that creation is electrifying!!!
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 01:20 PM   #37
Senior Member
 
John in Santa Cruz's Avatar
 
Name: John
Trailer: Escape 21, behind an '02 F250 7.3 diesel tug
Mid Left Coast
Posts: 2,184
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
For those that want a sticker, here... I made one for you. As you can tell, 100% joke.
would those look right scaled to a 4.25 x 2.75" oval ? www.stickerguy.com will make you 250 of those with UV safe black ink on UV safe white vinyl for all of $37, post paid.

ideally the original artwork is in a 'line art' program like Adobe Illustrator, as opposed to pixel/paint art like photoshop, this way it scales accurately, and the printer can adjust for the ink bleed.

I've gotten tons of stickers from this outfit, they are in the Reno, NV area, and have done a great job on all sorts of stickers for me. These discount bulk orders take awhile, because he waits til he has enough to cover a whole sheet then prints them all at once, often a few months. To bypass this delay requires ordering 1000 or more as a custom order, then they can go straight to press.
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 01:24 PM   #38
Senior Member
 
John in Santa Cruz's Avatar
 
Name: John
Trailer: Escape 21, behind an '02 F250 7.3 diesel tug
Mid Left Coast
Posts: 2,184
oooh, ooooh, change the "ASCII/HEX 0201" to 3A29 .... thats as in : )
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 01:49 PM   #39
Senior Member
 
Donna D.'s Avatar
 
Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
Posts: 25,216
Quote:
Originally Posted by John in Santa Cruz View Post
would those look right scaled to a 4.25 x 2.75" oval ? www.stickerguy.com will make you 250 of those with UV safe black ink on UV safe white vinyl for all of $37, post paid.

ideally the original artwork is in a 'line art' program like Adobe Illustrator, as opposed to pixel/paint art like photoshop, this way it scales accurately, and the printer can adjust for the ink bleed.

I've gotten tons of stickers from this outfit, they are in the Reno, NV area, and have done a great job on all sorts of stickers for me. These discount bulk orders take awhile, because he waits til he has enough to cover a whole sheet then prints them all at once, often a few months. To bypass this delay requires ordering 1000 or more as a custom order, then they can go straight to press.
I created it in Inkscape and saved as vector.. an SVG, so it's 100% scalable without pixilating. I could have used Illustrator, but that would require firing up my very OLD laptop (Adobe Illustrator CS3) and saved as EPS, this was quick... and a joke. One thing nice about an SVG or EPS, is the fill can be any color you wish. I think Lime Green would be nice!
__________________
Donna D.
Ten Forward - 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Double Yolk - 1988 16' Scamp Deluxe
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 02:01 PM   #40
Senior Member
 
John in Santa Cruz's Avatar
 
Name: John
Trailer: Escape 21, behind an '02 F250 7.3 diesel tug
Mid Left Coast
Posts: 2,184
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
I created it in Inkscape and saved as vector.. an SVG, so it's 100% scalable without pixilating. I could have used Illustrator, but that would require firing up my very OLD laptop (Adobe Illustrator CS3) and saved as EPS, this was quick... and a joke. One thing nice about an SVG or EPS, is the fill can be any color you wish. I think Lime Green would be nice!
once in awhile stickguy does a special with various combinations. I think last month, it was black on glow-in-the-dark... but in the past, they've offered black-on-foil. catch-22, I'm not sure you can get ovals, just rectangles on those specials.

anyways, his templates are here to get the proportions exactly right.
https://stickerguy.com/templates/
I've used that 4.25" oval to do 'euro' style stickers, like GSSP for the Golden State Star Party...
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RVIA Louisville Review vintageracer General Chat 15 12-08-2017 05:19 PM
Photos from the 2016 RVIA Trade Show In Louisville vintageracer General Chat 9 12-03-2016 07:36 AM
Pics from the RVIA Show Dec 2015 in Louisville KY vintageracer General Chat 3 01-18-2016 10:12 AM
How Many FGRV Have RVIA Certification? Cathy P. General Chat 12 05-14-2013 07:56 PM

» Upcoming Events
No events scheduled in
the next 465 days.
» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:54 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.