RVIA?? - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-31-2021, 02:53 PM   #21

Name: Anthony
Trailer: Casita
OH
How do I find a list of campsites that I can't go to without RVIA approval?
ACZ06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2021, 02:55 PM   #22

OH
I really am interested in those new Cortes campers. Anybody heard of them? Are they RVIA certified? It doesn't say on their website...
Old 01-31-2021, 03:06 PM   #23

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACZ06 View Post
How do I find a list of campsites that I can't go to without RVIA approval?

Why not just make your own? Photograph a decal, Include a line of small print saying it's not real. Stick it on with hot glue. Or you can probably find one on the internet. Then there is this Canadian sticker.
Attached Thumbnails
CSA sticker.jpg  
Old 01-31-2021, 06:19 PM   #24
Commercial Member

Name: Mike
Trailer: Boler13/trillium4500/buro13
Ontario
All Happier Campers are RIVA certified . Yes having RIVA certification does not make HC better but it does make it much easier for buyers to finance their purchases as many lenders will not finance trailers without certification.
Mikmay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2021, 06:21 PM   #25

OH
Thats good 2 know! Thanks!
Old 02-01-2021, 10:37 AM   #26

Name: Henry
Trailer: BigFoot
Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Baglo View Post
Why not just make your own? Photograph a decal, Include a line of small print saying it's not real. Stick it on with hot glue. Or you can probably find one on the internet. Then there is this Canadian sticker.
Ha! I wuz thinkin' the same thing..
Old 02-01-2021, 10:43 AM   #27

Name: bill
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
The Mountains of North Carolina
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikmay View Post
it does make it much easier for buyers to finance their purchases as many lenders will not finance trailers without certification.
Thrifty Bill’s first rule for financial freedom: Never, ever, finance a discretionary purchase of a declining asset. Boats, motorcycles, campers and sports cars all fit in that category. I camped in a tent for years due to the lack of funds to buy a camper. I had similar experiences and FUN with a garage sale tent.

If I have to finance, I wait. To paraphrase Dave Ramsey: first you have to live like no one else, so later you can live and give like no one else.
thrifty bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 12:21 PM   #28
Commercial Member

Name: Mike
Trailer: Boler13/trillium4500/buro13
Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrifty bill View Post
Thrifty Bill’s first rule for financial freedom: Never, ever, finance a discretionary purchase of a declining asset. Boats, motorcycles, campers and sports cars all fit in that category. I camped in a tent for years due to the lack of funds to buy a camper. I had similar experiences and FUN with a garage sale tent.

If I have to finance, I wait. To paraphrase Dave Ramsey: first you have to live like no one else, so later you can live and give like no one else.
I’d agree with you with most of those cases even with most stick trailers but with fg trailers it’s a different ball game ,most HC1s as well as most fg trailers are selling for more than customers paid for them but try telling that to a bank or finance company as they just lump them in with every other trailer manufacturer.
Mikmay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 12:56 PM   #29

Name: Z
Trailer: Sasquatch
Montana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Baglo View Post
Then there is this Canadian sticker.
So that's what this is supposed to look like!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3858.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	156.3 KB
ID:	139241
ZachO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 12:59 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZachO View Post
So that's what this is supposed to look like!

Attachment 139241

Yup. Works for me.
Old 02-01-2021, 02:08 PM   #31

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
For those that want a sticker, here... I made one for you. As you can tell, 100% joke.
Attached Thumbnails
RVIA-Joke-Mine.JPG  
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 02:46 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
For those that want a sticker, here... I made one for you. As you can tell, 100% joke.

It's a beaut.
Old 02-01-2021, 04:43 PM   #33

Name: Steve
Trailer: Scamp 13
California
call RIVA and see if they will back you up if there is a warranty issue with the manufacturer. Then you will see what the sticker is worth. Sticker has a sharp edge but no teeth.
stevebaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2021, 12:38 AM   #34

Name: Dave
Trailer: 2013Escape 21
Iowa
I have no respect for exclusivity or anyone associated with it. I can look at steel, fiberglass, wood and whatever components a trailer is built from and be fairly certain I can ascertain the quality myself.

We drive 400 miles on I 80 from Iowa to Indiana several times each year. If I had a dollar fo every piece of floppy siding, loose wheel well flares, and bulged by the wind roof rubber I’ve seen on new trailers being towed out of Elkhart in the past 20 years on I 80 and I70 to Columbus, I could pay my camping fees for a season of 70 nights in the cheap seats where I like the people and the view.
Iowa Dave
Iowa Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2021, 07:28 PM   #35

Name: John
Trailer: Escape 21, behind an '02 F250 7.3 diesel tug
Mid Left Coast
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACZ06 View Post
Any thoughts on this new dealership program for molded fiberglass campers? I don't think any of the other companies have dealers...

www.cortescampers.com
Bigfoots are sold at dealers. I think that is the only one out of the major fiberglass brands.
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 08:25 AM   #36

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Sticky!!!

Quote:
Hi: Donna D... I've hoid of "Sticker shock" before, but that creation is electrifying!!!
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 01:20 PM   #37

Mid Left Coast
Quote:
would those look right scaled to a 4.25 x 2.75" oval ? www.stickerguy.com will make you 250 of those with UV safe black ink on UV safe white vinyl for all of $37, post paid.

ideally the original artwork is in a 'line art' program like Adobe Illustrator, as opposed to pixel/paint art like photoshop, this way it scales accurately, and the printer can adjust for the ink bleed.

I've gotten tons of stickers from this outfit, they are in the Reno, NV area, and have done a great job on all sorts of stickers for me. These discount bulk orders take awhile, because he waits til he has enough to cover a whole sheet then prints them all at once, often a few months. To bypass this delay requires ordering 1000 or more as a custom order, then they can go straight to press.
Old 02-03-2021, 01:24 PM   #38

Mid Left Coast
oooh, ooooh, change the "ASCII/HEX 0201" to 3A29 .... thats as in : )
Old 02-03-2021, 01:49 PM   #39

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
Originally Posted by John in Santa Cruz View Post
would those look right scaled to a 4.25 x 2.75" oval ? www.stickerguy.com will make you 250 of those with UV safe black ink on UV safe white vinyl for all of $37, post paid.

ideally the original artwork is in a 'line art' program like Adobe Illustrator, as opposed to pixel/paint art like photoshop, this way it scales accurately, and the printer can adjust for the ink bleed.

I've gotten tons of stickers from this outfit, they are in the Reno, NV area, and have done a great job on all sorts of stickers for me. These discount bulk orders take awhile, because he waits til he has enough to cover a whole sheet then prints them all at once, often a few months. To bypass this delay requires ordering 1000 or more as a custom order, then they can go straight to press.
I created it in Inkscape and saved as vector.. an SVG, so it's 100% scalable without pixilating. I could have used Illustrator, but that would require firing up my very OLD laptop (Adobe Illustrator CS3) and saved as EPS, this was quick... and a joke. One thing nice about an SVG or EPS, is the fill can be any color you wish. I think Lime Green would be nice!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 02:01 PM   #40

Mid Left Coast
Quote:
I created it in Inkscape and saved as vector.. an SVG, so it's 100% scalable without pixilating. I could have used Illustrator, but that would require firing up my very OLD laptop (Adobe Illustrator CS3) and saved as EPS, this was quick... and a joke. One thing nice about an SVG or EPS, is the fill can be any color you wish. I think Lime Green would be nice!
once in awhile stickguy does a special with various combinations. I think last month, it was black on glow-in-the-dark... but in the past, they've offered black-on-foil. catch-22, I'm not sure you can get ovals, just rectangles on those specials.

anyways, his templates are here to get the proportions exactly right.
https://stickerguy.com/templates/
I've used that 4.25" oval to do 'euro' style stickers, like GSSP for the Golden State Star Party...