Ryobi Products I'm Really Looking Forward To - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-21-2021, 02:33 PM   #1

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1976, 1978, 1979, 1300 - 1977, and a 1973
Alberta
Registry
Ryobi Products I'm Really Looking Forward To

I was commenting on Ryobi's, "swamp cooler" in another thread:
https://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/...ler-96045.html
I had to wait 2 years before this was available in Canada.

I was tempted to go on at length about the virtues of Ryobi's products and upcoming tools, but that would have been rude. So I am starting a new thread.

In the upcoming category:
https://www.ryobitools.com/products/...s-power-source
This is both a 150W inverter and light, but the big deal is that when it is connected to a USB-C source, (like a cigarette lighter adapter, or solar cell) it can charge the batteries.

Did I mention solar cells?:
https://www.ryobitools.com/outdoor/p...tt-solar-panel
I assume that the USB-A can be used, with the appropriate cable, to supply power to the inverter/charger above.

I have the first generation of ˝” impact wrench. It claims to make 300’lbs of torque. I keep it in my Ranger, for tire changes. It works well for that. I will skip the current model that claims 450’lbs of torque for the up and coming version:
https://www.ryobitools.com/products/...-impact-wrench
This has a claimed 700’lbs of torque. It also claims 1170'lbs of, "breakaway torque".

It will probably be a 2 year wait again, but I’m a patient man.
David Tilston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2021, 07:28 PM   #2

Name: Joel
Trailer: shopping
Tx
I myself used to be a ryobi tool guy, but have converted to the rigid tools which offer a lifetime warranty on both the tools and the batteries. I found that the ryobis just did not last that long before the batteries started dying.
jeepers29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2021, 09:22 PM   #3

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1976, 1978, 1979, 1300 - 1977, and a 1973
Alberta
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepers29 View Post
I myself used to be a ryobi tool guy, but have converted to the rigid tools which offer a lifetime warranty on both the tools and the batteries. I found that the ryobis just did not last that long before the batteries started dying.
Rigid is a good choice. I would characterize Ryobi as Rigid’s ugly sister. Rigid seems to have slightly better specifications, and slightly higher prices. Have you used the warranty? Is it straight forward or do they make you jump through hoops? I have been a Ryobi guy for ~20 years. In that time, I have smoked two drills, and a small, (4.5”?) circular saw. The batteries however… Let’s just say that the old NiCad batteries don’t hold a candle to lithium. Even they have improved since they were new.

Used Ryobi tools are cheap, and plentiful, especially the blue ones. The drills, and saw cost me on the order of $20/ea. to replace. Since I am an obsessive shopper, I have ended up with so many cheap Ryobi tools that I give them away to friends.

Rigid, Milwaukee and Ryobi are all made by the same company. Rigid and Ryobi look very similar. Except one is orange the other is bright green, or is it yellow?
Click image for larger version

Name:	Rigid ˝ Impact.JPG
Views:	8
Size:	21.0 KB
ID:	141607
Name:   Ryobi ˝ Impact.JPG
Views: 168
Size:  18.3 KB

Name:	Rigid Band Saw.JPG
Views:	9
Size:	29.4 KB
ID:	141609Click image for larger version

Name:	Ryobi Band Saw.JPG
Size:	23.9 KB
ID:	141610

Name:	Rigid SDS.JPG
Size:	33.3 KB
ID:	141611Click image for larger version

Name:	Ryobi SDS.JPG
Views:	7
Size:	21.8 KB
ID:	141612

I don't know much about the Rigid products. I am a bit confused about the difference between Lithium, Hyper Lithium, and Hyper Octane, (Bluetooth) batteries. The largest Rigid battery, on the Canadian Home Depot web page, seems to be a 6 Ahr battery, (the Bluetooth one) though it is out of stock. Ryobi has a 6 and a 9 Ahr battery. I don't understand it, but the 9 Ahr battery is priced less than the 6 Ahr one, ($158 vs. $119 Cdn). Ryobi's battery situation is no less confusing.

The range of Ryobi tools is huge! I have a battery powered lawn mower and chain saw. The brushless chain saw eats batteries, but boy does it cut wood! I could go on, but you get the idea.
David Tilston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2021, 06:26 AM   #4

Name: Joel
Trailer: shopping
Tx
I have not had to use the warranty but seems pretty straight forward. I can tell you the rigid batteries last a long time.
jeepers29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2021, 04:01 PM   #5

Name: Walter
Trailer: 2017 Escape 17B
SW Virginia
The only Ryobi I own is the inverter generator. 2200. I've had it about 8 years and it's been a gem.

Walt
Old 06-23-2021, 06:43 AM   #6

Name: Lee
Trailer: Casita
Texas
Registry
I have both Ridgid and Ryobi tools and am very happy with both brands. I have not had to use the lifetime warranty feature on my Ridgid tools but understand that if you do you will have to re-register that tool for the lifetime warranty being carried forward. I read that Ryobi was the only brand that has kept battery design where if you have an older battery it will still work in the newer tools. Kind of like USB ports being backward compatable. If I was using these tools professionaly I would stick with Ridgid but for the home DIYer the cost savings on the Ryobi brand is well worth using that brand.
Old 06-23-2021, 02:29 PM   #7

Name: Ron
Trailer: 2001 Casita 17' SD
IN
I use a Rigid drill for the past 7 years. Smoked the motor, repaired free in two weeks and have replaced two batteries under the warranty. No hoops or strings, just take it to Homie Depot and good to go. And yeah, two replacement batteries in 7 years,,,,,,,,,,they last a long time!
Motoboss is offline   Reply With Quote