Scammers and Alive & Well - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-18-2013, 05:59 PM   #1

Trailer: Class A Motorhome
Scammers and Alive & Well

Here is a reply I got from a Craigslist ad for an Argosy Trailer asking about how and where it could be seen. It was advertised as being in San Diego and several other locations as I later learned.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi Bob,

I will do my best to walk you through the process. As I told you in my first email, I recently got divorced. I got a new job and moved to Omaha, NE for a new start. The trailer is in my possession, already at the shipping company, in a cargo container, ready to be delivered to its future new owner. The deal is handled by Google Wallet so I don't have much to do about it. With Google Wallet, you get free delivery, at your place in 4 to 5 days. In addition, you get 5 days to try it out before buying it, and if you don't like it, you can send it back at my expense. I want to make it very clear, that Google Wallet will hold your money, and I won't be receiving a single dollar unless you call and tell them to release the money to me. For more info on how it works, I can ask Google Wallet to send you an email with more details on how to buy it. They will contact you shortly, as soon as have your personal details. This way you also get proof that I am covered by them and a legitimate seller. If you would like to receive the email from Google Wallet with all the transaction information, please reply with your whole name, address and phone # and they will contact you right away.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Nuff Said ?????

Bob Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 06:58 PM   #2

Trailer: Class A Motorhome
I got a P.M. asking why I was looking at Argosy Trailers.

I have a D-in-Law that thinks that small trailers are OK, but feels she should have one of those "Silver Looking Ones". It's an image thing for her!

I told her I would look at what's out there and, basically, I am guessing that 70% or more of the Airstream/Argosy ads for trailers under 24' long are listings by scammers !!!!!

Short Airstreams range from expensive to very expensive and all a scammer has to do is let a would be buyer think that they are going to steal something and they pop the trap on them.

Bob Miller is offline   Reply With Quote