Scamp 13' Got hot water heater? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-15-2017, 10:59 AM   #1

Name: Kathy
Trailer: Scamp
Michigan
Scamp 13' Got hot water heater?

Recently purchased a 13' 2004 Scamp (no bathroom). I thought I read that a hot water heater is "standard" but for the life of me I can't find one on my rig. I'm assuming I don't have one because I only have one kitchen faucet that only turns one way (not a duel function). I've only had one day to spend with my rig (it's in storage 10 hours away), so maybe in the spring when I bring it back to my place I can sort it out but does anyone have any insight?
KKScamp04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 12:04 PM   #2

Name: kootenai girl
Trailer: 1976 Trillium 1300
British Columbia
Most 13ft no bathroom Scamps do not have a water heater. It is an option so if you haven't found it you are probably safe to stop looking lol. They take up a large amount of space in the rear under bench storage on sink side.
Yes, you would have a hot and cold tap with one too
kootenaigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 12:12 PM   #3

Name: bill
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
The Mountains of North Carolina
Registry
Scamp catalogs are all on line. And a hot water heater still is not standard on the 13. Scamp's strategy is to offer a very basic trailer at a low price, and then offer a ton of options for people that want more. Buyers seeking a really light weight trailer can get the basic one. One example, sink is standard, grey water tank (what a sink usually drains into) is optional.
thrifty bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 05:12 PM   #4

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
A HW heater is normally only included as part of the shower package.

Bill is right- not much comes standard. Basic plumbing includes fresh water tank, manual pump faucet, and sink draining to an outlet on the side of the trailer. The option package adds a city water connection. Grey tank and electric water pump are part of the shower package, but are also sometimes ordered as stand-alone options.

I suppose you could also order a water heater as a stand-alone option even if you didn't order the full wet bath, but why? For washing dishes only, a kettle on the stove saves cost, weight, and complexity.
Jon in AZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 07:35 PM   #5

Name: Steve
Trailer: Scamp 13
California
On mine 1986 Scamp 13, no shower no water heater. For us a teapot does double duty for hot water and for other uses. Seems enough for us. If out desert camping a solar heated water shower bag does work well but you have to deal with personal exposure issues. When I had a motor home we had a bathroom but in just 5 years from installing a new water heater it failed. We didnt use the water heater much and early demise turned me off them for my Scamp.
stevebaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 09:51 PM   #6

Name: David
Trailer: Former 13’Scamp, now Snoozy
Arizona
Registry
Kathy, we had a 13’ Scamp without a water heater, so I added one. I just had to “T” off the furnace propane line, and fresh water line, after adding an electric water pump. The faucet was replaced with one that also had a shower head attachment. This worked great for washing dishes, or hair at the sink and for spong baths, or running the shower head out the kitchen window to a stand alone outside shower shelter. You could heat water on the stove and place the hot water in a new bug sprayer and use it outside in a shower shelter.
If you “click” on our Avatar, it will take you to our profile. From there there are two photo albums of mods (one for our Lil Snoozy, and one for our Scamp). These willl give you an idea of how it looked and even some mods you may like to try out on your trailer. Dave & Paula
David B. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp