Scamp boondocking on Cape Lookout NS - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-18-2021, 11:07 AM   #1

Trailer: 2002 16 ft Scamp
Scamp boondocking on Cape Lookout NS

Mods - Please move this if it should be in another section. I posted here because it was not us doing the camping.

Cindy graciously grants me a couple of tent camping trips each year and my all time favorite spot for this is Cape Lookout National Seashore (Cape Hatteras' less famous sister) on the NC Outer Banks. For those unfamiliar with this Park, CALO is a string of uninhabited barrier islands accessible only by boat or private vehicle ferry. There is no development or amenities and 4WD is a must.

We took the 11:00 ferry out of Atlantic to the Portsmouth Island section last Friday and then drove our Colorado about five miles north of the landing where we found a cutout in the dunes large enough for our tent and screen room. On Saturday morning se saw a 16D towed by a 4Runner pass by our campsite. We followed them down the beach and had a chance to chat for a few minutes when they stopped. Nice young couple from TN if I remember correctly who said they'd camped on the island in the Scamp multiple times with no problems. I also got a picture of them on the ferry when they departed later in the day. And for bragging, the sunrise shot was taken from my sleeping bag.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_7074.jpg   IMG_7079.jpg  

IMG_7094.jpg  
Al and Cindy K is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boondocking, scamp