Scamp Interior Dimensions - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-04-2019, 10:21 AM   #1

Name: Noah
Trailer: Scamp
West Virginia
Scamp Interior Dimensions

I am purchasing a new Scamp 13 and was thinking about leaving out the Kitchen base cabinets and creating a bench in that area to make the trailer feel a little more roomy. Can someone give me the dimensions between the closet and the kitchen base cabinet? I may just leave the cabinets as is if there is enough space.
nova72001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 10:26 AM   #2

Name: Gordon
Trailer: 2015 Scamp (16 Std Layout 4) with '15 Toyota Sienna LE Tug
North Carolina
Check with Scamp before even going further.. the cabinets might have supports on them that are required to hold the roof up. In that case I'm pretty sure they wont even sell you one without the support structure, and you would be on your own after the sale to figure out alternatives that maintain structural integrity.

Sorry.. cant help as I have a 16.
gordon2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 11:50 AM   #3

Name: Noah
Trailer: Scamp
West Virginia
I did check with scamp and they said only the closet had to stay. They said that the kitchen cabinets were only needed if a roof ac was used.
nova72001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 12:56 PM   #4

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
Originally Posted by nova72001 View Post
I did check with scamp and they said only the closet had to stay. They said that the kitchen cabinets were only needed if a roof ac was used.
Then now you have your answer. I know I'd never buy a travel trailer without all the items that make it a travel trailer... like a kitchen. Why not just buy a cargo trailer, add some windows, build a bed and be done with it. You'd certainly save yourself a bunch of money.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 01:48 PM   #5

Trailer: Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
The S-13 has the widest isle of any of the Scamps. The closet does not extend over the drop floor. In the S-16 and S-19's the closet extends 3-4" into the isle way and if you have the larger frig. that sticks out into the isle way another 3". Sorry I can't give you the exact measurements.
Eddie
Eddie Longest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 02:22 PM   #6

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Just checked... The center aisle floor is about 44-45"" square. The galley cabinet is cantilevered out 5" over the floor. The face-to-face width between the closet and galley base is about 39". That does not include the thickness of doors and hardware that protrude.

I'd highly recommend you get a first-hand look at one before making such a major change. In my opinion, the S13L1 is amazingly roomy just the way it is. Our family of four can comfortably hang out inside for a few hours (any longer and even a 30' trailer with slide-outs would get claustrophobic for kids!). We don't normally use the inside galley, preferring instead to cook outside, but it's nice to know it's there as a bad weather back-up.

Scamp should be able to connect you with someone nearby for a demo through their referral program. They get a small bonus if you order, so it's a win-win-win.
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp