Scamp Parts Dept - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-09-2011, 09:51 PM   #1

Name: David
Trailer: 16 foot Scamp
Arizona
Scamp Parts Dept

I just recieved a shipment of parts from Scamp. It's the 2nd or 3rd time I have ordered parts to do some upgrade or mod. This time I ordered a new stone shield among other things. The one I had went missing. When I ordered the shield, the parts guy asked if I needed hardware too. I told him yes since the whole thing was gone. I was expecting to see a separate line item on the invoice for the hardware. Nope! They sold me a new stone guard for $60, and sent all the hardware, including the rivets to install it for no additional cost.

I felt a post was in order because in all my dealings with Scamp, their prices for parts have been reasonable, fair, or beyond fair. The cost of parts is something no one considers when they buy something new. Usually that unhappy event comes later. The shield is a handmade part, only available from Scamp, and they could charge $200 for it. They could also nickel and dime you for every last rivet too. A lot of companies do exactly that. Every item I have purchased from Scamp has been a bargain in my estimation, so this is a public Thank You.

David
DavidSo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 11:00 PM   #2

Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidSo View Post
I just recieved a shipment of parts from Scamp. It's the 2nd or 3rd time I have ordered parts to do some upgrade or mod. This time I ordered a new stone shield among other things. The one I had went missing. When I ordered the shield, the parts guy asked if I needed hardware too. I told him yes since the whole thing was gone. I was expecting to see a separate line item on the invoice for the hardware. Nope! They sold me a new stone guard for $60, and sent all the hardware, including the rivets to install it for no additional cost.

I felt a post was in order because in all my dealings with Scamp, their prices for parts have been reasonable, fair, or beyond fair. The cost of parts is something no one considers when they buy something new. Usually that unhappy event comes later. The shield is a handmade part, only available from Scamp, and they could charge $200 for it. They could also nickel and dime you for every last rivet too. A lot of companies do exactly that. Every item I have purchased from Scamp has been a bargain in my estimation, so this is a public Thank You.

David
My experience has been the same, I have called and ordered everything from custom work to snap-caps, and have always been treated promptly, competitively and cheerfully at every turn.
floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 12:12 AM   #3

Name: Mark
Trailer: 1969 Boler (Flat Top)
British Columbia
Registry
Thx for the feed back on customer service.
I'm placing my first order with them tomorrow. I like to support local business when i can but I spent today driving around Vancouver looking for parts. I can have the same items purchased from scamp AND shipped to Canada for considerably less. I'm doing a restoration on a '69 boler and they have a few specialty items i can only get through them. Since I will be placing an order anyway they will get all of my parts business. To reemphasize, the speciality items are very reasonable.

Cheers,
Mark
WildBirder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 11:21 AM   #4

Name: Dave
Trailer: Scamp 16 Custom Deluxe
Washington
Registry
It's always nice to hear about good experiences with a company.

Excuse a very newbie question; what's a stone shield?
Dave Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 11:36 AM   #5

Trailer: Bigfoot Silver Cloud -1988
Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Thompson View Post
It's always nice to hear about good experiences with a company.

Excuse a very newbie question; what's a stone shield?

The stone or rock shield is the cover that goes over the front window while traveling. They typically hinge up so you can raise them for shade over the window while parked. Our UHaul VT had one at one time, but we have been camping happily without it for 5 years. Our van doesn't seem to kick up any rocks that high, so there has been no damage. Also, we can look directly through the trailer while driving, allowing me to see traffic behind the trailer.
Kevin A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 11:42 AM   #6

Name: Dave
Trailer: Scamp 16 Custom Deluxe
Washington
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin A View Post
The stone or rock shield is the cover that goes over the front window while traveling. They typically hinge up so you can raise them for shade over the window while parked. Our UHaul VT had one at one time, but we have been camping happily without it for 5 years. Our van doesn't seem to kick up any rocks that high, so there has been no damage. Also, we can look directly through the trailer while driving, allowing me to see traffic behind the trailer.
Thanks! I thought it may be something that fits on the trailer yoke to protect the underside fittings.
Dave Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp