Scamp screen door - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-19-2013, 02:00 PM   #1

Trailer: 1983 13 ft Scamp and 1985 13 ft Scamp
Scamp screen door

Called today to order a screen door from Scamp in Bakus. They said it would have to be WOOD CRATED and shipping would be about $100. Thats nuts! I get all kinds of stuff shipped and never wood crated
Well enough crying. Anybody near Bakus Minn, coming to Land Between the Lakes Rally in Oct? If its not too much a bother, can you pick up the screen door and bring it? I could pre-pay for the screen & I will pay you a resonable fee., to bring it to the rally. you can PM thanks for the help Suger D McAllen
Thought I would treat myself and buy the thing and not try to build one, seems that I am always destined to stay in that basement<_<
sugermc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 06:53 PM   #2

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
I love my Scamp bi-fold screen door.

I'm thinking the reason for the extra crating is some folks got damaged doors... expecially the screen portion. For the money, you're going to get more than just the door, you'll also be getting the wood frame surround.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 01:36 AM   #3

Name: Julie
Trailer: Scamp 13 '98
Oregon
I too bit the bullet and ordered the bi-fold screen door from Scamp 10 days ago. The shipping / packing cost is high but the door won't be damaged on arrival I hope. Sure makes me wish I had the skills to do this myself.
Julie49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 03:53 AM   #4

Trailer: U-Haul 1985
Registry
Everyone that has the Scamp door loves them. IMO, If I had a Scamp, it would definitely be on my purchase list. That being said, I have a UHaul and they don't have nifty bifold screen doors. So I use a gauze curtain in my doorway that works very well. Disadvantage is that it won't keep the dog inside the trailer.
Pam Garlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 09:41 AM   #5

Name: Julie
Trailer: Scamp 13 '98
Oregon
That's it Pam, keep the dog in and the bugs and camp critters out justifies the expense of purchase, shipping and installation. Thank goodness I've Robert Johans near to install the door

FYI: Kudos to Scamp Mfg., when I ordered the door I was advised the door would be shipped by Wed., 8/21. I asked to be advised when the door was shipped. This morning, 8/20 Devon from Parts at Scamp called and let me know the door was on its way.
Julie49 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp