Scamp Updated Their Website! - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-25-2013, 10:40 AM   #21

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
[QUOTE=floyd;398185 One of these was shown and pitched to Scamp, who after some time, decided to start offering it as an aftermarket replacement choice. <cut>

You can now buy the "D" shaped closed cell gasket from Scamp upon request. I installed one for a friend as recently as two weeks ago.
The solid threshold gasket (3/4"X1") must still be obtained locally.[/QUOTE]

Floyd you must be a very special customer that they keep a secret stash of parts for in case you ask When I called there two months ago to ask about what other options they might have for the open cell gasket that was the only option I was given.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 10:50 AM   #22

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol H View Post
Floyd you must be a very special customer that they keep a secret stash of parts for in case you ask When I called there two months ago to ask about what other options they might have for the open cell gasket that was the only option I was given.
What I find sometimes is that if someone doesn't know, they just make something up rather than ask. It happens all the time to me. Someone says "Well, all you have to do is call them." and I call them and get "I'm sorry ma'am, I have no idea what you are talking about." By the third time I call as I can be persistent, "Oh, yes, we have had that available for a couple years now."
Cathy P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 12:07 PM   #23

Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol H View Post
Of course I am very special, I'm glad you noticed!
However, I have never ordered or received a gasket from Scamp.
I have however installed gaskets sent from Scamp other owners, and have witnessed other trailer owners who got theirs from Scamp.
As I said earlier, the open cell is still the only gasket installed on new trailers... hence the only option given.
floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 12:12 PM   #24

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy P. View Post
floyd: Got to ask "cure" in reference to the fit of the door, is that sort of like "settle" and has it got to do with the hanging hardware of the door or something with the fiberglass itself? I'm sure the answer is obvious to most but I would guess, the hanging hardware and just getting comfortable in its space?
I assume that what was meant was "cure chemically", but I didn't make the claim.
I do know that concrete is only 90% cured after seven days.(the other 10% takes a hundred years)
I thought fiberglass cured in a few hours, but I defer to Scamp's expertise in the matter, also consider that fiberglass does outgas for a while after being formed.
Old 06-25-2013, 12:31 PM   #25

Name: Chris
Trailer: Scamp 16
New Hampshire
I dunno about that. Every time I work with fiberglass it takes weeks for the smell to go away.
chuyler1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 12:38 PM   #26

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuyler1 View Post
I dunno about that. Every time I work with fiberglass it takes weeks for the smell to go away.
Then would it be safe to assume that you concur with Scamp's conclusion on the application of closed cell gaskets?

Of course "a while" could easily be construed as "weeks".
Old 06-25-2013, 06:40 PM   #27

Trailer: 1981 13 ft Scamp / Nissan Titan
Scamp redesign looks to be an improvement.
2015 Escape 19 & 1997 Scamp 19
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp