Scamps for sale MN/WI - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-19-2022, 12:52 PM   #1

Name: Kenneth
Trailer: Scamp
Wisconsin
Registry
Scamps for sale MN/WI

There have been 4 Scamps for sale with in 100 miles of my house in the past week. It looks like one of the 13' units is already gone. Why so many? Who knows? They are asking more than they sold for new, gas price is high, some believe the economy will get worse. Mine is not one of them, if I have to park it in the driveway and look out at it because of the gas price I will, but will not sell it.
We have had the discussion of cutting trip plans this summer, how may did? For my May and June trips I logged all miles. I cut the July Iowa / Minnesota trip short and went back home for a few says making it two trips. August got cut due to reservation problems, September is a short trip, but the October trip to Indiana is now not going to happen due to multiple causes but will save some money also.

https://eauclaire.craigslist.org/sea...ce=&max_price=
AC0GV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2022, 01:34 PM   #2

Name: Bill
Trailer: Escape
Wisconsin
I see a ton of them

I see a ton of scamps for sale on Facebook market place...funny thing is they are all $1,000. The people must really be in a hurry to selll them because the post the ad in Pennsylvania, Minnesota, California, Texas, all over the country.
Attached Thumbnails
scamp.jpg  
Old 08-19-2022, 01:45 PM   #3

Wisconsin
Registry
All Scams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Escape 15A View Post
I see a ton of scamps for sale on Facebook market place...funny thing is they are all $1,000. The people must really be in a hurry to selll them because the post the ad in Pennsylvania, Minnesota, California, Texas, all over the country.
Often times it's 1001, 1002, 1003 etc to track the scams. Not just Scamps but construction machinery as well. I also am seeing a wanted to buy $10,000 Scamp ad on CL that has been running for years. (BTW the WI title for my sisters' SAID Scam for a brand.)
Attached Images

Old 08-19-2022, 02:00 PM   #4

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Still, the number of (apparently) legit ads seems to be increasing. Prices seem to be softening. It’s far from a buyers market, but at least they have a shot.
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2022, 02:11 PM   #5

Name: Bill
Trailer: Escape
Wisconsin
That's a good one

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC0GV View Post
Often times it's 1001, 1002, 1003 etc to track the scams. Not just Scamps but construction machinery as well. I also am seeing a wanted to buy $10,000 Scamp ad on CL that has been running for years. (BTW the WI title for my sisters' SAID Scam for a brand.)
Ken

That's pretty good..I never thought about removing the "P"

Bill
Old 08-19-2022, 02:41 PM   #6

Wisconsin
Registry
Scamp is speeding things up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon in AZ View Post
Still, the number of (apparently) legit ads seems to be increasing. Prices seem to be softening. It’s far from a buyers market, but at least they have a shot
The wait time should get shorter for a new one. Scamp has added employees and they are planning a plant expansion.
This story is from June, I was there in May and there were hundreds (thousands ?) of RVs sitting at the factories. And that cheap state park thing in the story is not true in Wisconsin.
RV industry facing increasing prices & slowing sales
by Taylor Gattoni, WSBT 22 reporter
Wednesday, June 1st 2022
Elkhart — The rise in inflation and gas prices are beginning to impact RV sales. Retail sales of trailers are reported to be slowing, after prices increased 10-to-20 percent.
There's also been a shift with the pandemic. During the pandemic, more families were buying fifth-wheel trailers. Parents being back to work and children in the classrooms, sales fell off their record pace.
With higher gas prices, the RV industry is now seeing a shift to lightweight travel trailers. But those prices have increased from about 15-thousand, to 20-thousand dollars, in the past couple of years.
One saving grace for the RV industry is higher prices for hotels and flights, keeping RVs and trailers a viable option for some travelers.
"Starting to do that local stuff maybe in a camper or travel trailer where you have more flexibility on where you can go and more control of it I think has really helped actually," Tanner Livingston, sales representative at Tiara RV Sales said.
Sellers are recommending first time buyers start a little smaller. There are more options now for RVs like ones with solar, where you don’t need to pay more for power. You can also plan vacations at State Parks which are cheaper to camp.
Buying a motorized trailer is also fuel efficient. Over the years mileage has improved to now 10-to-15 miles per gallon.
"There’s so many options out there that we are pretty good to be able to match your budget and your wants and desires whether that’s in you, some use, things like that. It’s a lot easier these days to have more availability," Livingston said.
Your regular pickup and SUV can also more easily tow the smaller lightweight trailer. Which helps reduce gas costs of needing a larger vehicle like a truck.
Buying a used trailer can also help in saving money.
WSBT 22
Old 08-24-2022, 01:10 PM   #7

Name: Linda
North Dakota
Quote:
There have been 4 Scamps for sale with in 100 miles of my house in the past week. It looks like one of the 13' units is already gone. Why so many? Who knows? They are asking more than they sold for new, gas price is high, some believe the economy will get worse. Mine is not one of them, if I have to park it in the driveway and look out at it because of the gas price I will, but will not sell it.
We have had the discussion of cutting trip plans this summer, how may did? For my May and June trips I logged all miles. I cut the July Iowa / Minnesota trip short and went back home for a few says making it two trips. August got cut due to reservation problems, September is a short trip, but the October trip to Indiana is now not going to happen due to multiple causes but will save some money also.

We haven't camped this summer because so many family things got in the way. The Scamp is still here, though, because the grandkids LOVE it as a playhouse and it is the only building on our farm that is mouse proof!
Linda M R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2022, 01:38 PM   #8

Name: Joe
Trailer: Casita
Meandering
Quote:
Originally Posted by Escape 15A View Post
Every one of those are SCAMS! Don't be the next sucker!
Prop_Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2022, 06:12 PM   #9

Name: Dave
Trailer: 2010 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe
Wisconsin
Quote:

Seriously? Gas prices even at the highest point some weeks ago added maybe $50-75 to our entire 1000 mile trip last month. I care far more out of getting as much as I can out of the great weather and my health when we have it. The sky is not falling, gas dropped nearly a $1 per gallon from the start of our trip to now. I read Chicken Little a long time ago and chose to be an optimist. And I own a Casita so save on all the expenses of having a big tow rig so am money ahead from the get go.
Vtec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2022, 09:41 PM   #10

Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vtec View Post
Seriously? Gas prices even at the highest point some weeks ago added maybe $50-75 to our entire 1000 mile trip last month. I care far more out of getting as much as I can out of the great weather and my health when we have it. The sky is not falling, gas dropped nearly a $1 per gallon from the start of our trip to now. I read Chicken Little a long time ago and chose to be an optimist. And I own a Casita so save on all the expenses of having a big tow rig so am money ahead from the get go.
We just went 1200 miles RT to the Scamp homecoming. Rounding down to 20MPG, we spent $300 (rounding down to $5 per gallon).
The week before Inauguration we paid (Rounding up) $2 per gallon.
(That's $120 for the same distance.
Congratulations! You are getting PHENOMENAL mileage towing that Casita, or you are even more optimistic than you claim!
To your point, however, life is short, we went anyway!
floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2022, 10:09 PM   #11

Name: Dave
Trailer: 2010 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe
Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd View Post
We just went 1200 miles RT to the Scamp homecoming. Rounding down to 20MPG, we spent $300 (rounding down to $5 per gallon).
The week before Inauguration we paid (Rounding up) $2 per gallon.
(That's $120 for the same distance.
Congratulations! You are getting PHENOMENAL mileage towing that Casita, or you are even more optimistic than you claim!
So $120 is what would maybe stop you from going on a trip and is a big deal? Gas was about $4.16 when we started and by the end of the trip nearly a dollar cheaper. What is phenomenal to me is how much whining I hear about gas prices which happen to be influenced by global problems and greed of oil companies, not inaugurations.

We are spoiled by relatively low gas prices compared to most every other country yet whine and cry when they go up. $3 a gallon is cheap (historically adjusted for inflation) and I spent closer to $4 on average, so an extra $76 this trip. Worth every penny to me. I guess if I cannot handle that I should sell the Casita. You can always stay home, your choice.
Vtec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2022, 02:26 PM   #12

Name: RogerDat
Trailer: 2010 Scamp 16
Michigan
Due to a typo my title read 2013 "Scam" as the P was dropped. I should check and see if the Mich. Sec. of State changed it. I told them it was a typo but not sure they corrected it or not when I transferred the title.
RogerDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2022, 03:04 PM   #13

Wisconsin
Registry
My not be a typo

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerDat View Post
Due to a typo my title read 2013 "Scam" as the P was dropped. I should check and see if the Mich. Sec. of State changed it. I told them it was a typo but not sure they corrected it or not when I transferred the title.
My late sisters' "Scam" came from Michigan and Wisconsin continued the brand.
Attached Thumbnails
photo 3.jpg  
Old 08-25-2022, 08:43 PM   #14

Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Registry
Quote:
So $120 is what would maybe stop you from going on a trip and is a big deal? Gas was about $4.16 when we started and by the end of the trip nearly a dollar cheaper. What is phenomenal to me is how much whining I hear about gas prices which happen to be influenced by global problems and greed of oil companies, not inaugurations.

We are spoiled by relatively low gas prices compared to most every other country yet whine and cry when they go up. $3 a gallon is cheap (historically adjusted for inflation) and I spent closer to $4 on average, so an extra $76 this trip. Worth every penny to me. I guess if I cannot handle that I should sell the Casita. You can always stay home, your choice.
After spending 35 years in the oil industry, and staying abreast of current events, I find that my analysis and conclusions differ greatly from yours.
That's OK, maybe we can discuss it around the campfire at a fiberglass rally someday.

BTW; In my example, the difference was $180 not $120... and I did not stay home.

You are right though, inaugurations don't matter, but executive orders do.

Now... I have done no more than respond to you, point by point.
Quite enough for this venue.

What you choose to believe in the end, is "your choice"
floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2022, 12:04 PM   #15

Wisconsin
Registry
It's not just the gas price.

Quote:
Seriously? Gas prices even at the highest point some weeks ago added maybe $50-75 to our entire 1000 mile trip last month.
I do several trips every summer and this year I cut a couple shorter and two completely. But it is not just the gas price. It is now common to pay 50$+ for a place to park for the night, 25 - 35$ to visit many museums etc. and than when I get back home I need to pay for electricity and food that costs More. Living "up north" this winters heating bills will likely be much higher than in history. Before you say "go to state parks" I'll tell you that Wisconsin parks are no bargain. Local county and city park camp grounds are the place to be if you can get in. The Scamp Rally? I was not going to miss that at any gas price and next year when gas is 6$ I'll be back again!
Old 09-24-2022, 03:19 PM   #16

Wisconsin
Registry
Another WI Scamp for sale

Quote:
There have been 4 Scamps for sale with in 100 miles of my house in the past week.
https://eauclaire.craigslist.org/rvs...537851057.html
Old 09-25-2022, 09:39 PM   #17

Name: Paul
Trailer: '04 Scamp 19D, TV:Tacoma 3.5L 4door, SB
Colorado
Quote:
My late sisters' "Scam" came from Michigan and Wisconsin continued the brand.
When I registered my Scamp in Vermont in 2013, they called is SCAM. Now in Colorado they call it EVEN. They thought of Eveland's and did not want to make it EVEL? I suspect they make up these codes on the fly.

This web page shows the codes:https://tincantourists.com/2017/06/2...ns-on-a-title/, but it seems to be more for entertainment. Also they have a disclaimer at the top of this list.

SCMP Scamp Trailer,

EVEN Evens Trailer Mfg., Inc.
There is also this entry:MT-SCAM Scamp
Paul O. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
for sale, scamp