Scary Dog incident by alert - Page 4 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2019, 05:51 PM   #61

Name: Cliff
Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huck View Post
Look up any list of dogs with most powerful jaws and pitbulls will be on the list.

And pitballs are extremely powerful. I see people trying to walk pitbulls and they can barely hold on to the leash.

I have neighbors with a pitbull who seems to like everyone but me. Even though he is almost 1/4 mile away from my house, he barks incessantly whenever I go in my back yard and if loose, runs onto my property barking and trying to force me back into the house. This is after the neighbor brought him over to make friends one day. The dog was friendly and even rolled on his back so I could rub his belly. Two days later he came after me again.

A roommate of the neighbor saw the dog come after me and came by to apologize and said he wouldn't blame me if I had shot the dog. He said something is wrong with it and he sees it a lot in pitbulls due to inbreeding. I think he works as a dog groomer.
😳 Sir you have a problem alright, not a problem with a dog but with your neighbor. Whether it’s a 5 lb chihuahua or 200 lb mastiff the owner is responsible for his care and responsible for his actions. Period. The dog you’re dealing with sounds like it may have some issues but whatever they are they shouldn’t be yours to deal with.
Old 10-31-2019, 06:27 PM   #62

Name: Christine
Trailer: 2011 Casita Spirit DLX
Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbarron55 View Post
I like dogs, but I get a little tired of all of the "comfort Animals" that are foisted on the public.
I totally agree with this comment, I’m not a dog hater, and have raised dogs through the years. But when I see folks with their dogs in a supermarket shopping cart where our food is going into those same carts, its just gross!And they aren’t even service dogs to boot! Animals can have parasites, fleas, ticks, diarrhea butts, etc.
Old 10-31-2019, 06:54 PM   #63

Name: Gordon
Trailer: 2015 Scamp (16 Std Layout 4) with '15 Toyota Sienna LE Tug
North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Coco View Post
... But when I see folks with their dogs in a supermarket shopping cart where our food is going into those same carts, its just gross!... Animals can have parasites, fleas, ticks, diarrhea butts, etc.
And what about those children riding in the carts! They can have parasites, fleas, ticks, diarrhea butts, etc. I know because I was a child once and I have had all those things.

Not that I would conflate people and dogs.

Old 10-31-2019, 06:59 PM   #64

Name: Huck
Trailer: ParkLiner
Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordon2 View Post
And what about those children riding in the carts! They can have parasites, fleas, ticks, diarrhea butts, etc. I know because I was a child once and I have had all those things.

Children often have to be with moms or dads when shopping, but dogs don't.
Old 10-31-2019, 07:21 PM   #65

Texas
Quote:

Lol 😝
Old 11-01-2019, 09:18 AM   #66

Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Registry
Quote:

ONCE?
Old 11-01-2019, 10:19 AM   #67

North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd View Post
ONCE?
OK, delete the word "once" to make it more grammatically precise.

Unless you are suggesting something else.
Old 11-01-2019, 02:37 PM   #68

Texas
Quote:

Usually the children are riding in the front of the basket, and have diapers on And what about all the folks buying fake service dog vests online so they can take their dogs anywhere they want? The old lady that had two Yorkies in her shopping cart with little emotional animal vests on. Or how about the gentleman who had a service dog in training vest on a pit bull, and when I questioned him on what kind of disability training was the dog being trained for, he couldn’t answer the question.
Old 11-01-2019, 04:12 PM   #69

Name: Jon
Trailer: Bigfoot
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huck View Post
Children often have to be with moms or dads when shopping, but dogs don't.

So dogs can shop alone?
Old 11-01-2019, 04:36 PM   #70

Name: Cliff
Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonraw View Post
so dogs can shop alone?
👍😂🤣🤔
Old 11-01-2019, 05:01 PM   #71

Name: Harold
Trailer: 1975 Scamp, 13-foot
Redding, California
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonRaw View Post
So dogs can shop alone?
Dogs can shop with their packs....

Old 11-01-2019, 05:16 PM   #72

North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Harold View Post
Dogs can shop with their packs....

Or in a pack... a back pack.

Then there is no worry about parasites, fleas, ticks, diarrhea butts, etc. in your shopping cart
Attached Thumbnails
dog backpack.jpg  
Old 11-01-2019, 05:23 PM   #73

North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Coco View Post
...And what about all the folks buying fake service dog vests online so they can take their dogs anywhere they want? The old lady that had two Yorkies in her shopping cart with little emotional animal vests on. Or how about the gentleman who had a service dog in training vest on a pit bull...
I think we all pretty much universally condemn the people who abuse the protections granted to people with disabilities because of their greed to have things their way.
Old 11-01-2019, 05:36 PM   #74

Name: P
Trailer: Casita
Washington
I travel with my dog. In fact, I downsized to a small dog after my Chocolate Lab died. I've always had dogs.

Here's my pet peeve. PEOPLE. I have tried and tried to train this dog to not jump on people. I've given up. People are lazy and instead of bending over to pet her, they slap their hands on their thighs to encourage her to jump up. She's a smart dog and knows what they want. I've given up on that.

I take her to events. She's also quiet when left alone in the trailer--I've asked the "neighbors".

She's a hyper dog and needs lots of exercise. I try to provide that. A tired dog is a good dog.

She's well behaved enough that the bank lets her inside. Sometimes, I mix my dog walks with business. Imagine that! Walking instead of driving!

So, ban me. I won't go where dogs are banned. It makes it easy. But let me know in advance. I drove to one event for a couple hours and got there and was told..surprise that dogs weren't allowed. Talked to local guy, who walks his dog on the area who said that it was BS as it was at a fairgrounds where animals would be all over the place at fair time. So I stayed. I was going to leave and go back home.

There's a lot of dog phobia in the world and it seems to be getting worse. This will be my last dog. But I've said that before.
Old 11-01-2019, 05:39 PM   #75

Washington
Oh, and during last year's smoky weather. I walked her around inside our Home Depot. Of course, no peeing or pooping indoors, but the air was cleaner than outside.
Old 11-01-2019, 07:32 PM   #76

Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowpat View Post
I travel with my dog. In fact, I downsized to a small dog after my Chocolate Lab died. I've always had dogs.

Here's my pet peeve. PEOPLE. I have tried and tried to train this dog to not jump on people. I've given up. People are lazy and instead of bending over to pet her, they slap their hands on their thighs to encourage her to jump up. She's a smart dog and knows what they want. I've given up on that.

I take her to events. She's also quiet when left alone in the trailer--I've asked the "neighbors".

She's a hyper dog and needs lots of exercise. I try to provide that. A tired dog is a good dog.

She's well behaved enough that the bank lets her inside. Sometimes, I mix my dog walks with business. Imagine that! Walking instead of driving!

So, ban me. I won't go where dogs are banned. It makes it easy. But let me know in advance. I drove to one event for a couple hours and got there and was told..surprise that dogs weren't allowed. Talked to local guy, who walks his dog on the area who said that it was BS as it was at a fairgrounds where animals would be all over the place at fair time. So I stayed. I was going to leave and go back home.

There's a lot of dog phobia in the world and it seems to be getting worse. This will be my last dog. But I've said that before.

Of course everybody who disagrees is phobic!
The culture change is what's getting worse.
People have always loved dogs in the right setting... its the right setting which is changing too fast.
Be patient... animal rights will exceed human rights soon enough, and at the rate we're going they'll deserve it.
Old 11-01-2019, 09:30 PM   #77

Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd View Post
Of course everybody who disagrees is phobic!
The culture change is what's getting worse.
People have always loved dogs in the right setting... its the right setting which is changing too fast.
Be patient... animal rights will exceed human rights soon enough, and at the rate we're going they'll deserve it.
EVERYBODY is not dog phobic. I agree with treating a dog like a dog. They are not people. People usually don't roll in dead stinky stuff. That's part of the joy of having a dog. My beast had two baths in one week due to being a dog. I like to take her out to the woods and let her tear around and be a dog. Dogs gotta be dogs, not "fur babies". Dogs eat poop. Dogs throw up. Dogs can be soooo disgusting, then they do something great, like bring you a roll of electrical tape when you need it....I had a golden retriever that I mind melded with and she could do things like that. She also rolled in disgusting stuff.

Just please don't encourage dogs to jump up on people. I hate that.
Old 11-01-2019, 09:33 PM   #78

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
Can we do cats now?
Old 11-06-2019, 08:34 AM   #79

Name: Jim
Trailer: Scamp
Colorado
Registry
Just the latest

Here we go again!

DM tried to call them Bulldogs, but readers know pitbulls when they see one.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-bulldogs.html

Notis' daughter told CBS this was not the first time the dogs had attacked.

She said: 'This is not the first time those dogs attacked. It’s actually the second time. Those five dogs attacked two little kids before'.

The owner of the dogs said he was not home at the time of the attack, and insisted the bulldogs had never been violent before.
Old 11-06-2019, 09:22 AM   #80

Name: Harold
Trailer: 1975 Scamp, 13-foot
Redding, California
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scamper Jim View Post
Here we go again!

DM tried to call them Bulldogs, but readers know pitbulls when they see one......
If by "DM" you mean Daily Mail, it appears the Daily Mail was quoting the Miami-Dade Animal Services, who said: 'five bulldogs' - one of whom was not seen on camera - had been seized after the incident and will remain in custody 'until the outcome of the dangerous dog investigation'".

While I do believe the media injects bias frequently into their stories, oftentimes what appears to be bias is nothing more than ignorance. We have no idea if the spokesperson for the Miami-Dade Animal Services originally labeled the dogs "bulldogs," without even seeing them, or was repeating what was reported to them by someone else.

--Harold
Closed Thread