Serial numbers on a Trillium - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-17-2013, 03:29 PM   #1

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1976, 1978, 1979, 1300 - 1977, and a 1973
Alberta
Registry
Serial numbers on a Trillium

In discussions on another thread there was some confusion about where the serial number for a Trillium is located.
I have maintained that the SN is the one on the plastic sticky label on the back of the closet door.
There is however a plastic medallion riveted just outside the door. It has a number that looks like it could be a serial number.

After checking, the number on my closet door is what is on my registration, minus a zero that is probably a typo. Also the number on my registration doesn't have the dash. I don't really know what the number outside the door represents.
Attached Thumbnails
Closet Door Label.jpg   Outside Label.jpg  

David Tilston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 05:01 PM   #2

Name: Francesca Knowles
Trailer: '78 Trillium 4500
Jefferson County, Washington State, U.S.A.
Registry
Hi, David

I have one of those medallions, too- but it's not the one I was talking about in the other thread. That's the certification label for code, etc...mine's number CSA 2301351. The other "medallion" could be a later add-on-? The number on it is the one that matches my Title docs, given as the VIN (unhyphenated). I think I told you that there are no papers at all in the closet, so I didn't get anything that looks like those you posted BUT my number is close enough to yours that clearly, VIN and serial mean the same thing.

Mine's 45- 1100758
Yours' 45- 1101043

Those numbers are close enough pattern-wise to suggest to me that the first two digits represent the model (4500)...beyond that it's anyone's guess what the numbers mean. I do think it's safe to assume that they're NOT meant to be read as a whole production-run number since I doubt that there were more than 1.1 million 4500's made!

The first three digits after the "45" match, though...if our trim/layouts etc. match, that could be what they mean. That leaves "1043" , which might be an indicator of units off the production line....

What do you think?

Francesca
Francesca Knowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 05:51 PM   #3

Alberta
Registry
Makes sense. Do you have a picture of your medallion? I wonder if your trailer was built for export. The label in my closet has CSA (Canadian Standards Association) all over it, but a trailer built to be exported to the US would have to comply with US standards.
Old 01-17-2013, 06:07 PM   #4

Registry
I'll have to look through my files- my camera's on the fritz, but I might have caught it while taking a picture of something else.

There isn't anything with "CSA" on the medallion or anywhere else- interestingly, the medallion you picture and my trailer's "twin" I refer to in line one of my previous post is from "RVIA", which is the "RV Industry of America". So both were "certified" by THAT group, whoever they may have been in 1978!

The funny thing related to your papers is that while they refer to the "CSA" thing on the outside of the trailer, there's nothing on the paper giving a number etc. to look for. What the heck is THAT all about???
Still:
I think that reference is to the "RVIA" medallion- look at our numbers...not that far apart!

Francesca
Old 01-17-2013, 06:21 PM   #5

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Tilston View Post
Makes sense. Do you have a picture of your medallion? I wonder if your trailer was built for export. The label in my closet has CSA (Canadian Standards Association) all over it, but a trailer built to be exported to the US would have to comply with US standards.
I suspect you are correct. Most trailers built in Canada do comply with the US standards as well but they need to have something on them that says that in order to be exported.... goes the same bringing a trailer into Canada. I needed a letter from Scamp that stated it conformed to Canadian Standards as it didnt have any labels or stamps on it already that said that. When I called Scamp they seemed to know what I needed what the wording etc needed to be on the letter so I had no problems.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 06:25 PM   #6

Alberta
Registry
I'm a bit confused about what you are saying. Our serial numbers are very close. Are you saying that the RVIA medallions are also similar?
The picture of the sticker on the closet door was cut off. Below is the bottom half. Notice the typo on my GVW. 4410 Kg is 9722 lb.
Attached Thumbnails
Closet Door Label bottom.jpg  
Old 01-17-2013, 06:47 PM   #7

Registry
Quote:
I'm a bit confused about what you are saying. Our serial numbers are very close.
Are you saying that the RVIA medallions are also similar?
The picture of the sticker on the closet door was cut off. Below is the bottom half. Notice the typo on my GVW. 4410 Kg is 9722 lb.
That is exactly what I'm saying- you must have missed it when I said it the first time!

It's the very first line in post number 2 (immediately below your medallion picture), and I give the number, which is within 33 digits of yours!

Your RVIA: 2301318
Mine RVIA: 2301351

Per the rest of the paper, just posted: No "CSA/RVIA/whatever" number match there, either...what the heck???

I do love the tire specs, though...everybody running around on 50 pounds of air should take note if they have complaints about rough ride!

Francesca
Old 01-17-2013, 07:20 PM   #8

Alberta
Registry
It seems odd that the RVIA numbers would be so close, when the serial numbers are out by 285. Maybe the RVIA approvals were done in batches of 9, all with the same number. Either way, your trailer and mine are kin.
Old 01-17-2013, 08:01 PM   #9

Registry
Quote:
your trailer and mine are kin.
Well, since your trailer's numbers are "earlier" than my trailer's numbers...can it be possible?... after all these many long years?...

!!!MOM!!!!

Francesca
Old 01-17-2013, 08:06 PM   #10

Alberta
Registry
OK, I no longer have any guess as to the meaning of the RVIA numbers. Mine is lower then yours, but my serial number is higher. I give up!
Old 01-17-2013, 08:14 PM   #11

Registry
O.K.

I'll be the Mom.

OR

We could go by the RVIA number plus just the last two digits of our VIN's, and that would make you the Mom again.

Francesca
Old 01-17-2013, 08:23 PM   #12

Trailer: Trillium
Registry
My ownership says I have a '81 4500.

The paper in my trailer's closet says my VIN # is 45 1121733. So using Franseca's logic, 112 could mean the model #. My trailer has a front diner in addition to the large dining table/Bed at the back. The frig model is RM 3607.

The RVIA medallion's # is 2939305.
Noreen Bradshaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 10:37 PM   #13

Registry
Hey! We've got a FAMILY, David!
Welcome home, Noreen...you little whippersnapper, you...

Adding you to the family tree, here rearranged low-to-high according to last four digits of VIN...and since I like the way you think, model-wise, I'm assigning a color to the first three digits after "45", which we think might denote a style. Blue is front gaucho and red is front dinette:

Francesca:45- 110 0758...'78: Front Gaucho
David: 45- .....1101043 ...'78Front Gaucho
Noreen:45-... ..1121733...'81: Front Dinette

Now we're gettin' somewhere...if enough prodigals come in from the cold, we might be able to discern a real pattern!

Francesca

P.S.

Hey Noreen- do you have an "RVIA" medallion by your front door, and if so, what's the number?

Thanks!

F.

P.P.S.

We're looking for all other Trillium sizes/models too, folks, so post away!

F.
Old 01-17-2013, 11:49 PM   #14

Alberta
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noreen Bradshaw View Post
My ownership says I have a '81 4500.

The paper in my trailer's closet says my VIN # is 45 1121733. So using Franseca's logic, 112 could mean the model #. My trailer has a front diner in addition to the large dining table/Bed at the back. The frig model is RM 3607.

The RVIA medallion's # is 2939305.

Noreen, Are you sure it is an RM3607? According to this table, that fridge is 49.5” tall.
Refrigerator Conversion Chart
Your registry is not very informative, I am going to make the standard wish. Pictures please? Especially of the fridge. Front dinette models are rare enough that I don't get to see one very often, and having options on replacement fridges is nice.
Did they figure out how to convert pounds to KG on your GVW? I just realized what the error was. They multiplied by 2.2, instead of dividing. My tug is not rated to pull 4410 KG anyway.
Old 01-18-2013, 03:23 PM   #15

Registry
LOL Thanks for the welcome to 4500 family, Francesca. I too, am very interested in learning more about our campers. I do have a medallion outside my door.

Dave, when I posted last night, I had just come in from the camper, in the dark and cold to check the information inside the closet door. You're right. The fridge is not a 3607, it is a 360TF. (in the dark you can see how I made that mistake) It is a big fridge for a camper, measuring 30" from floor to top. And the base of the cupboards had to be made deeper to accomodate it. I will post pics of the inside of the camper so you can see what it looks like.

And, yes, the weight has been noted as 2000lbs or 910 kg.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1597.jpg   IMG_1599.jpg  

IMG_1600.jpg   IMG_1594.jpg  

Old 01-18-2013, 03:37 PM   #16

Alberta
Registry
Noreen, Your kitchen looks kinda like mine. You however have the staggered drawers above the cupboard door. I have seen that before. I have wondered about the reason for this. Is there something installed in the side of the counter, facing the dinette? If so, could you please post a picture of that?
I started a thread on the different versions of the kitchen:
http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...ons-53368.html
Old 01-18-2013, 03:39 PM   #17

Registry
Dave, here's a couple pics of the inside of my camper, taken when I was in Florida last winter.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0777.jpg   IMG_0778.jpg  

IMG_0772.jpg   IMG_0779.jpg  

Old 01-18-2013, 03:59 PM   #18

Alberta
Registry
Noreen, Very nice trailer! I notice that your shelves above the dinette are still the same colour as the Ensolite. All of the plastic has pealed off mine. Cute cat too. The distinctive factory front dinette is not very common. There are people searching high and low for one. Are all your cushions the same plaid?
After comparing your closet sticker and mine, some differences jump out. Your converter is a different model. That is what I think is installed in the dinette side of your kitchen. My converter is installed below my furnace. Your fridge is a bit bigger then mine as well. More than an inch taller, and a little more than half an inch deeper.
Old 01-18-2013, 04:16 PM   #19

Registry
Dave, I must live right....or perhaps, have an angel watching over me. Years ago, when I decided I wanted to find a 13' Trillium to use when I retired, I found one for sale just around the corner from my house. I used it for many years. (couldn't bear to give it up so gave it to my daughter)
Then I decided I would like a 4500 Trillium, with the front dinnette when I started going to Florida in the winter. I spotted this one just a couple miles away as I returned home from visiting my daughter. I did not waste time 'thinking' about it. Of course it was in excellent shape and spotlessly clean. I had only the usual safety items taken care of since I've owned it.

Sorry, forgot to answer your question re. the plaid on the cushions. Yes, all the cushions are the same and match the colour in the curtains. I believe a previous owner must have re-covered them.
Old 02-13-2013, 08:18 PM   #20

Name: Scot
Trailer: Trillium 4500
Ontario
1978 4500 Serial number

Thought I would try to post pictures of the sheet inside the main cupboard, serial 1100893 for my 1978 4500, front gaucho.

Am also including a picture of the drawer unit, with new lexan sides and drawer bottoms as the previous wood had mould.

I replaced the overhead bin bottoms (also mouldy) and doors with white lexan, but still need some way to stop the doors from sliding.

As I have the new tires, the tire manufacturer recommends 50 psi. Doesn't that replace the original posted recommendation?
Attached Thumbnails
P1000972.jpg   P1000974.jpg  

P6250009.JPG  
Scot M is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
trillium