Sewer hose for BigFoot - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 03-27-2020, 10:00 AM   #21

Name: Bruce & Kathryn
Trailer: Bigfoot 25 RQ
North Carolina
Mine does not fit no matter what angle the “ears” are. Hence the tube. Rhino brand hose.
Bruce Olive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 11:04 AM   #22

Name: Z
Trailer: Sasquatch
Montana
Well there you go. Alright, thanks.
ZachO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 11:58 AM   #23

Name: alan
Trailer: looking
Colorado
Have you looked inside? Perhaps there is an obstruction. A piece of junk adhering to the inside of the bumper? A rivet not correctly installed sticking out?
minke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 02:39 PM   #24

Name: Tom
Trailer: BigFoot 25B25RT
Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rzrbrn View Post
I tried many angles and it would not fit for me.
You have a fairly new BigFoot. Did you get a starter kit with water hose and sewer hose? The kit I got has a hose that will fit but there is only one fitting. Actually I'm glad the rear bumper has thicker metal.
ThomasC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 02:57 PM   #25

Name: Henry
Trailer: BigFoot
Tennessee
ThomasC, I don't remember if I got a starter kit or not. I was so ticked off at the finance manager I just wanted to get out. That plus a hellacious storm was bearing down and I wanted to get home asap. The salesman was great, as was the service manager, however. I owned a Casita prior to this and have a bunch of crap laying around my garage. Considering the subject, maybe I should not say "crap" laying around, I don't want to give the wrong mental image....
Old 03-27-2020, 08:43 PM   #26

Name: Elliott
Trailer: Bigfoot
Everywhere
This caught me by surprise as well. I ended up making a fence post sewer carrier and attaching it to the top of the bumper with zipties. I've thought about attaching a sewer hose carrier underneath somewhere, but I don't really like the idea of using self-tapping screws through the frame.
Defenestrator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 10:29 AM   #27

Name: Glenn
Trailer: 2017 Bigfoot 25RQ
Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasC View Post
I just picked up my 25B25RT in Denver last Wednesday and when I went to transfer my hoses that fit in the rear bumper of my old junker they wouldn't fit in the Bigfoot bumper.

So what does everyone use? I thought these things were standard.
I mounted a vinyl fence post behind the rearmost tire and put a piece of vinyl gutter in that to hold my hose, extension hose and connectors. The gutter slides in and out. Post caps cover the openings on either side.
SSBN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 11:42 AM   #28

Trailer: Bigfoot 21 ft (21RB25)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Olive View Post
I had the same issue, and we moved spare tire mount a little bit and fit on one of those round hose holders on top of the rear bumper. Others have fastened the same type of hose holder under the trailer closer to the dump valves.
I made mine out of black sewer pipe and fittings for about half the price plus better made than the white plastic ones which may break down from ultra-violet sunlight over time. About the same lifespan as most rv trailers , today except Bigfoot.
Len S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 12:34 PM   #29

Massachusetts
Wow all of you guys have been great.
Old 04-01-2020, 12:38 PM   #30

Name: Mickey
Trailer: 18EC W&P Toy Hauler
Oklahoma
I purchased a piece of the 5 inch PVC fence post and two end caps and mounted it under the trailer. There are several places you can put the sewer storage. I have seen them mounted under and on top of the rear bumper and a lot of other places. It was cheap and it holds the hose and attachments. You can go online and google sewer hose storage and you will see a lot of good ideas. That is where I got the fence post idea.
Old 04-01-2020, 08:48 PM   #31

Name: Dennis
Trailer: Bigfoot trailer
California
25B25RT

I know this may not be what you are looking for but I bought the same trailer in Denver last September. Since I was already into it with big $$$, I bought a whole new sewer hose from Lippert. (Lippert Components 360784 Master 20' Waste Extension Kit). This fits in the BF hose holder. Then I also bought the tote kit which I keep attached to the drain outlet all the time. (Lippert 360789 Tote Tank Adaptor Kit Waste Master). This combination allows you to keep the same BF sewer storage system plus the Lippert hose is 10x better IMHO, with its smooth interior hose surface. Not cheap, about 200.00 total. You can also buy a 90-degree elbow to change the angle of the hose leaving the trailer. Sorrow I don't have a picture at this time. Items are available on Amazon.
Uchunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 09:24 PM   #32

Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchunter View Post
I know this may not be what you are looking for but I bought the same trailer in Denver last September. Since I was already into it with big $$$, I bought a whole new sewer hose from Lippert. (Lippert Components 360784 Master 20' Waste Extension Kit). This fits in the BF hose holder. Then I also bought the tote kit which I keep attached to the drain outlet all the time. (Lippert 360789 Tote Tank Adaptor Kit Waste Master). This combination allows you to keep the same BF sewer storage system plus the Lippert hose is 10x better IMHO, with its smooth interior hose surface. Not cheap, about 200.00 total. You can also buy a 90-degree elbow to change the angle of the hose leaving the trailer. Sorrow I don't have a picture at this time. Items are available on Amazon.
Hey thanks for this. I have never been happy with the way the hoses rinse out. They seem to but do they really.

What did you think of Trailer world? They are on a real nice street aren't they.
Old 04-02-2020, 02:34 AM   #33

Name: Henry
Trailer: BigFoot
Tennessee
Thanks for the Lippert hose recommendation. I looked at it on Amazon and saved it to my cart, but I don't see what the difference is from any other accordion type of hose. When you expand it are they not all smooth inside? And when it collapses you still probably wind up with some leftover sewer juice inside.
Old 04-02-2020, 07:17 AM   #34

Name: Aaron
Trailer: 2000 Bigfoot 21RB, & 92 Vanagon Westy
Idaho
While I am able to fit the Rhino into mine, the trailer came with a Ultimate Sewer Hose

https://smile.amazon.com/Prest-Fit-1...5833308&sr=8-3

It does not have the large ears, and easily fits the rear bumper. While the Rhino is a tight fit.

As far as the 5x5 PVC fence mod. I did that to my 16' Scamp. Works really well, I could see a few ways you could add one to the bigfoot. Photos of my scamp mod below.

1500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 10:06 AM   #35

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin A View Post
Our 1988 Bigfoot Silver Cloud has an enclosure for the hose right near the furnace vent, but the diameter is too small for any hose I've tried with the fittings attached. I think these were made to fit just a hose and you would put the end fittings on each time you used it. So... I use the enclosure for something else and put the sewer stuff in a plastic tub with a locking lid. It travels in the back of our truck when on the road.

I use the blue line product. It fits the Silvercloud storage compartment with the the trailer connector attached. It’s a pretty convenient system. The press-fit connectors for accessories are quick and secure. Aside from eventual bumper rust-out a decent option for any Bigfoot.

https://www.prestofit.com/BluelineRVSanitation.html
lance abbott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 11:39 AM   #36

Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lance abbott View Post
I use the blue line product. It fits the Silvercloud storage compartment with the the trailer connector attached. It’s a pretty convenient system. The press-fit connectors for accessories are quick and secure. Aside from eventual bumper rust-out a decent option for any Bigfoot.

https://www.prestofit.com/BluelineRVSanitation.html
How are those push on connectors?
Old 04-03-2020, 02:06 PM   #37

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasC View Post
How are those push on connectors?

I believe the connectors are slightly tapered for a snug, leak free fit. Very quick to deploy and separate. I see that end caps are available as well.
lance abbott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 06:36 PM   #38

Name: Aaron
Trailer: 2000 Bigfoot 21RB, & 92 Vanagon Westy
Idaho
Blue line is the same one that I linked. I found it worked well, but I like the Rhino better. Might go back to the press-o-fit (blue line) as it is easier to get in and out.
1500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 06:46 PM   #39

Name: Myron
Trailer: Escape
New Mexico
Registry
The Rhino works fine, I've noticed, in the Rose Garden.
MyronL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2021, 10:40 PM   #40

Name: Natalie
Trailer: ford
mexico
I have owned four RV’s and probably five different sewer hose sets. The best RV sewer hose that I used was the Camco RhinoFLEX 20-foot RV Sewer Hose Kit. I love that they extend and contract but hold that shape by popping into place instead of just stretching. I like the clear end so I can tell when the takes are rinsed thoroughly. They collapse down to a size small enough to fit into a small tote for storage.
Natalie21 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bigfoot