Sewer hose for BigFoot - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-24-2020, 04:29 AM   #1

Name: Tom
Trailer: BigFoot 25B25RT
Massachusetts
Sewer hose for BigFoot

I just picked up my 25B25RT in Denver last Wednesday and when I went to transfer my hoses that fit in the rear bumper of my old junker they wouldn't fit in the Bigfoot bumper.

So what does everyone use? I thought these things were standard.
ThomasC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 05:49 AM   #2

Name: Bruce & Kathryn
Trailer: Bigfoot 25 RQ
North Carolina
I had the same issue, and we moved spare tire mount a little bit and fit on one of those round hose holders on top of the rear bumper. Others have fastened the same type of hose holder under the trailer closer to the dump valves.
Towed by 2018 Chevy High Country Duramax
Bruce Olive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 09:46 AM   #3

Name: Z
Trailer: Sasquatch
Montana
Depends on your sewer hose, too. I bought a Rhinoflex hose, and it wouldn't fit in the bumper either. It's starting to fade now since this was in 2016, and maybe some things have changed since then, but I had a hard time finding something big enough for the Rhinoflex, which has large components that don't seem to fit in normal sewer hose carriers.

I found a thread somewhere...which pointed me to a company that made one big enough. It's now attached to the top of my rear bumper with the heaviest gauge plastic zip ties I could find, and it's been fine there for the last four years. If I can find a receipt for the carrier I'll post it.
ZachO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 10:01 AM   #4

Name: Alex
Trailer: Bigfoot
Washington
Registry
I had a section of white plastic fence post tied underneath for a while. Now I just have a tote in the pickup truck bed that holds dirty stuff and it goes in there.
SnowballCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 10:03 AM   #5

Name: Henry
Trailer: BigFoot
Tennessee
I mounted the following over the rear bumper of my BF 25RQ, primarily because I do not want my bumper to get rotted out by the sewer hose dripping after a few years:

(https://www.dwincorp.com/product/sup...le-super-tube/)
SUPER-SLIDER Adjustable SUPER-TUBE

I see that Valterra has something similar.

I had a 5" square vinyl fence post cover that I bought from Home Depot on my Casita. I like this better than the Super Slider, which is made of a thin material that has warped a bit, after only one camping season. I suggest you make your own using this or possibly a round PVC pipe. The round PVC pipe would be much stronger but in order to retain the 90ş end on the hose you would need a 6" round pipe, which is very large. The 5" square works well. The challenge is how and where to mount it, and making end caps. For end caps of the square fence post cover I suggest you just get the fitted end pieces, drill a hole top through bottom after you position it on the tube, then drop a very long nail completely through to secure it. This worked very well for me.

I went with the black thing just to try it out. As I said, much prefer this white square, but I won't change it out until this black thing messes up.
Old 03-24-2020, 10:06 AM   #6

Name: Karen
Trailer: Big Foot
Michigan
Sewer Hose for Bigfoot Twin

I own a Bigfoot Twin as well and purchased a sewer hose from Trailer World in Denver that fits the bumper that is of good quality. Blue line Prest-o-fit

Karen
Karen in CO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 10:33 AM   #7

Tennessee
Karen,
How well does this type of hose work? This is the first I have seen. Does it couple securely on both ends or has it ever come loose when the effluent is flowing through?

I may have to get on of these. It is on Amazon also by the way, 25' for about $36 or so.

Thank you for posting.
Old 03-24-2020, 10:46 AM   #8

Name: Karen
Trailer: Big Foot
Michigan
Sewer Hose for Bigfoot Twin

We did not purchase the extension as the main hose at 25' has worked perfectly. It's certainly not a Rhino, but is better quality then the cheaper ones on the market. I would certainly promote buying from our small family businesses at this time in our market.
Karen in CO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 11:02 AM   #9

Montana
Here's the one I bought.

Here's another.

And Henry beat me to it! Why does everyone suddenly have so much time on their hands??
Old 03-24-2020, 01:00 PM   #10

Tennessee
So much time? Retired. And it looks like I won't be going RVing this season, unless they get the Covid-19 under control. So may parks are closed....Michigan said they have closed the State Parks. And the State Forests: Not sure how that is done...but that is what they said...
Old 03-24-2020, 02:05 PM   #11

Name: Alan & Barb
Trailer: Bigfoot 25RQ
Washington
Registry
We have a 2007 BF 25B25RQ and the rhinoflex hose fits just fine in the bumper. The fitting that attaches to the trailer needs to be rotated so the “ears” are at the corners as it goes in. I also attached a piece of nylon twine to that end to make it easier to pull out.

Regarding the concern of corrosion, the bumper end caps have large vent holes and as long as the sewer hose is capped I’ve never noticed any moisture inside the bumper.
Barb and Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 03:22 PM   #12

Trailer: Bigfoot Silver Cloud -1988
Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin A
Our 1988 Bigfoot Silver Cloud has an enclosure for the hose right near the furnace vent, but the diameter is too small for any hose I've tried with the fittings attached. I think these were made to fit just a hose and you would put the end fittings on each time you used it. So... I use the enclosure for something else and put the sewer stuff in a plastic tub with a locking lid. It travels in the back of our truck when on the road.
Kevin A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 01:22 PM   #13

Name: Aaron
Trailer: 2000 Bigfoot 21RB, & 92 Vanagon Westy
Idaho
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasC View Post
I just picked up my 25B25RT in Denver last Wednesday and when I went to transfer my hoses that fit in the rear bumper of my old junker they wouldn't fit in the Bigfoot bumper.

So what does everyone use? I thought these things were standard.
It is a standard, and good bet it does fit it is just a tight fit. My RhinoFLEX fits in he bumper of my 21RB.
1500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 08:27 PM   #14

Massachusetts
I wish now I had used a measuring tape on the bumper of my old RV but I was really trying to get out of there as fast as possible.

This is the hose I have.

I'll take some measurements in the next couple of days.
Old 03-25-2020, 10:44 PM   #15

Name: John
Trailer: Escape 21, behind an '02 F250 7.3 diesel tug
Mid Left Coast
yeah, a rhinoflex fits in the square bumper tube of my Casita, with the ears aimed at the corners. i had a few other kinds of hoses before these, and the rhinoflex is so much nicer.
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 12:19 PM   #16

Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasC View Post
I wish now I had used a measuring tape on the bumper of my old RV but I was really trying to get out of there as fast as possible.

This is the hose I have.

I'll take some measurements in the next couple of days.
https://www.amazon.com/Camco-39658-C...s%2C330&sr=8-7
Old 03-26-2020, 12:29 PM   #17

Massachusetts
The bumper tube on the BigFoot is 4 inches across the flats outside dimensions. The wall thickness 1/8 so there is room for 3 3/4 inches. My hose is 3 7/8 inches.

My old camper probably had 4 inch tubing with 0.80 inch walls which a common size. I had to squeeze the hose in my old RV and I actually tapped the bumper out to get the hose to fit.

I think I will get a tote to put into the front storage compartment which is quite empty now.
Old 03-26-2020, 05:46 PM   #18

Name: Alan & Barb
Trailer: Bigfoot 25RQ
Washington
Registry
That’s a head scratcher. The Amazon add states that after removing the 4 way adapter (funnily looking piece on the outlet end) it fits in a standard 4” rv bumper. I have no experience with this hose but as stated the Rhinoflex which is also a Camco product fits snugly.
Barb and Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 09:33 AM   #19

Montana
Now I'm wondering if I ever tried multiple angles to get the rhinoflex to fit in my bumper, or if earlier bumpers were just a bit smaller and it won't fit, or what. Either way, I've got a slide tube that fits my hose so I guess I don't need to worry about it.
Old 03-27-2020, 09:49 AM   #20

Tennessee
I tried many angles and it would not fit for me.

Tags
bigfoot