Shirley and I are very Sad today - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-28-2010, 07:49 PM   #1

Trailer: Casita

For those of you that have met our sweet little guy, Jake, we had to make the tough call this last Thursday. He was 14 years old, a Bichon Frise, and the best little pet and companion you could have ever asked for. But, as I keep telling Shirley, and myself, he really left us some time ago. He was getting very deaf, and blind, and confused, and having a lot of other health problems. I won't bore you with all the details, but just say that it was time and it would have been very cruel to prolong it.

So, after 14 years, we are trying to fill the hole in our hearts and lives. I just wanted you to know.

See you all down the road,

Best Regards,

Keith & Shirley
Keith Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 09:25 PM   #2

Trailer: Casita 16 ft 1984 and U-Haul CT13 1985
Registry
Keith and Shirley,

I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your dear companion Jake. I know how hard it is to say goodbye to a beloved dog.

best wishes to both of you,
Jeanne
Jeanne and Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 09:44 PM   #3

Trailer: 2002 17 ft Casita Liberty Deluxe
Hi Keith and Shirley

You both need hugs .. we know you loved Jake, and you made the right choice. We know he had a wonderful life with you. This is always such a sad and hard decision, you were so right to make him comfortable.

Thinking of you both
Carol and Jim
CarolnJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 10:03 PM   #4

Trailer: 77 Scamp
No words do describe your loss. As a recent dog owner , longtime cat lover I never knew such love existed from a pet til I owned a dog.....sorry for your loss.
Flygal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 10:04 PM   #5

Trailer: Bigfoot 25 ft / Dodge 3500HD 4X4 Jake Brake
Keith, I am so sorry to hear this. We hope you fill the void.
Bigfoot Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 10:24 PM   #6

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
Keith and Shirley,

So sorry to hear of your loss of Jake.
As tough as it is for you, take comfort that you did what you have always done, and that is what is best for Jake. He would expect nothing less from his loving parents.
Jake was a loyal companion to you, and you did what was best for him through out his lifetime.
I know he would be proud to have had you as his parents.

Mike
Michael W A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 07:52 AM   #7

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe 2007
Such a lucky dog to have had you as parents! You loved him enough to let him go. He left you with years of memories of unconditional love, something only a pet can give. So sorry for your loss. Terry
Terry R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 09:05 AM   #8

Trailer: Casita
the bible tells tell us that there is a time for every thing...I'm a BIG dog lover...had one for 15 years and was just like yours.....got down in her hip and could not walk to good, I would get up a hour sooner in the morning..<3am> just to take her out and she would hold it unto I got..My she was all I had from a bad divorce....when out of town for over night, came home to find she down and able to move her back legs at all....I had to do what was right..don't want too, miss her everyday....since then I'm on #2.....so get you a new one, and you know..you'll love it the same...and bring joy back to into your like,,,,I know how you feel....
Emmitt G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 09:42 AM   #9

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry

My heart is breaking for you. I know this pain all too well and will endure it again over and over.

You are a good Mommy and Daddy. Doing the big favor is the hardest and the kindest thing we do for our pets, and it does not even come close to paying the debt we owe them for being there for us.

Jake thanks you for his long and happy life and is happy now playing with my Kitty and others before her.

He will be there waiting for you.
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 12:23 PM   #10

Trailer: 2007 Casita
Keith, I am so sorry for your loss, I had to do the same thing last summer for my bestest friend I ever had. I miss him everyday. Loved snuggles, puppy kisses and just knowing he loved me as much as I loved him. When I took Reggie, I was crying so hard the vet tech told the Vet she didn't think I was ready, I really don't think your ever ready to loose a fur baby. But knowing he was not suffering was truly the best thing to help with the grieve.
Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 12:46 PM   #11
Administrator

Trailer: Casita 1999 17 ft Liberty Deluxe
Registry
Been there, Keith. You have my heart felt sympathy.
Info on Adding Photos to a Post
RV Life Network FAQ
Mary F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 01:21 PM   #12

Trailer: 2001 13 ft Scamp / 1993 Jeep Cherokee
Keith and Shirley,

I'm so sorry to learn of your loss. I found out first hand how hard it is to put a furry friend down several years ago when I had to put Mitzi down. I was fortunate to have little Lily come my way.

Even so, the loss a little furry friend never leaves you.

Just know Jake is in a better place now.
2019 Ram Longhorn
Joy A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 01:44 PM   #13

Trailer: 1970 (Circa) Compact Jr and 1993 Casita
We know how your feel also-we lost our loved `Red` many years ago and still miss him.
I am sure Jake has made many new firends now-although that doesn`t ease your pain. We grieve with you.
A fury friend gives love without question.
Ricky 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 10:45 PM   #14

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Bath
Keith and Shirley - we are saddened to learn you had to say goodbye (for now) to your dear Jake. Everyone one who has been "owned and trained" by a pet can understand the empty paw prints left behind on your hearts. We feel the gift of a peaceful end is indeed a way to honor all the love and joy our pets give while they are with us. Please find comfort in your memories of the days with Jake, and perhaps he'll send you his replacement ... we think Dave's dog did! L 'n D
Old 03-30-2010, 09:35 AM   #15

Trailer: 16 ft Scamp Side Dinette
Oh Shirley and Keith, I feel so bad for you! Saying goodbye to your pet is, IMHO, as hard as saying goodbye to anyone you deeply love. Pet lovers understand and I'm glad you posted so you can get all the support and understanding you need from the wonderful people at the FGRV "village". Take all the support you need to grieve in your own way and in your own time.

I have lost many beloved pets over the years and each time I SWEAR I will NOT get another "baby" and have my heart broken so severely again -- and each time I eventually adopt another fur ball and I am madly in love once again! I always miss the past pets, but I also am amazed at how lucky I am to again have "The Best Dog in the World". I hope what YOU need comes to you in the perfect way and timing.
Darnelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 11:19 AM   #16

Trailer: Oliver
Registry
Keith and Shirley,

Our hearts go out to both of you. We love our dogs. We've lost several thru the years and each still holds a special place in our heart, but we always find room to fit in another. I'm sure there will be a new joy in your future.

Steve and Tali
Steve Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 12:56 PM   #17

Trailer: Cloud 13 ft and Compact Jr
I know this pain. I hope yoou and Shirley will feel better soon
DonDeutsch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 07:33 PM   #18

Trailer: 16 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
Sorry to hear of your Loss....... I do feel your pain being thru this also.
Joe
Joe Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 05:56 AM   #19

Trailer: U-Haul 1985
Registry
It is very hard to lose such a good friend. I'm sure that you have so many great memeories that can make you smile despite the pain. My sympathies to you.
Pam Garlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 06:27 PM   #20

Trailer: 1979 13 ft Boler and 1987 Bigfoot 5th Wheel
Registry
I'm sorry for your loss.