Show Us Your Rigs - Page 8 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-17-2006, 03:21 PM   #141

Trailer: R-pod (by Forest River)

Click image for larger version

Name:	uhaul3.jpg
Views:	423
Size:	50.8 KB
ID:	4019
This is the inside looks a lot better than it did.

Name:	uhaul4.jpg
Views:	357
Size:	45.5 KB
ID:	4018
This is the before of the inside.
Maggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 02:59 AM   #142

Trailer: Boler 13 ft
Our first camping trip in Lady-bug, our 1980 13ft. Boler
Attached Thumbnails
P5180003.jpg  
Gerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 08:12 AM   #143

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT
Registry
Here's our Burro on its first trip. We camped (all alone) and then took it to a VW car show. We took a picture of one of the Brewer's sausages next to it at the car show.

Cindy
Attached Thumbnails
van_and_burro.jpg   van_and_burro_2.jpg  

Burro_with_sausage.jpg  
Old 07-18-2006, 12:03 PM   #144

Trailer: 1985 Scamp 13 ft
Send a message via Yahoo to Tirah
Here's ours, a 1985 Scamp 13', on our first trip:

Name:	scamp_and_tv.jpg
Views:	244
Size:	67.0 KB
ID:	4011
Tirah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 10:26 AM   #145

Trailer: Fiber Stream / Mazda B4000 pickup
Hi Everybody!
Besides a couple of pics I posted just recently after I painter her, this is my Lulu's official Web debute. They are fairly poor quality, taken with my phone, sorry. She is a little nervous about this, I want you to know. I hope I haven't overextended myself with pics, I notice most people only post one, but I'd like to give you a little tour of her 'on the curb'.

I believe she is a '78, but am not sure. I tow with a Mazda B4000, with a dandy hitch insert that has small-sized distribution bars and a sway bar, she tows like a dream and I can park her ANYWHERE. I have not had problems with my battery case cracking the hull, thank goodness, but I did go through a horrible incident right after I got her (in that first, terrifying year of learning to tow) which a tire came off and tore through the hull, creating a two-foot long gash; I had that repaired professionally and you can't tell. From behind, of note are the extra brake lights I've had added, as when we have bikes on the back, the old lights are nearly invisible. Years ago, the bumper sheered right off, as I was crossing the Trans Canada hwy, (I just threw it inside and kept going), later had it welded right to the frame, and have a bike rack mounted there that can keep three bikes snug up against the back to minimize sway. I have absolutely no place to keep my spare, this would be interesting to hear ideas about. The big propane tanks came with it when I bought it 15 years ago in Portland, Oregon. I've replaced the airconditioner up top, from reciepts it had one added to the roof when purchased by the original owners in Arizona.

I'm taking her out this weekend and will then get some pics to show you with her awning & screened porch (added these here in Toronto), and perhaps even the little fenced yard we often set up for the pups, if the ground is soft enough to pound in rebar 'fenceposts'. For a full camp, we also usually set up a free-standing screen room as a 'garage' where we keep bikes, kayak/snorkling/beach gear and firewood. I've taken some time to prowl around this terrific site, and tried to photo things I thought people might find interesting, especially other Fiber Stream owners. For example, I too found that I was lobotomizing myself frequently on the top of the door as I exited, years ago made a head bump with carpet wrapped around PVC pipe; I laughed out loud when I saw another Streamer had done more or less the same. I love this website! I too have added a layer of plywood to the central floor due to sag, have painted the old dark paneling, had a used Open Road stove to replace the Duet, a new hot water heater. It is the same fridge, though I've painted it. I have replaced the green plaid cusion covers and put in new foam, new curtains. I have put at least as much energy and time into that little Lulu as I might have a home. She is my wonderful adventure pod, and I hope you all enjoy her coming out on the Web!

More soon...

Robin
Attached Thumbnails
Picture116_09Jul06.jpg   Picture121_20Jul06.jpg  

Picture122_20Jul06.jpg   Picture123_20Jul06.jpg  

Picture125_20Jul06.jpg   Picture126_20Jul06.jpg  

Picture129_20Jul06.jpg   Picture131_20Jul06.jpg  

Picture132_20Jul06.jpg  
Robin Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 08:29 PM   #146

Trailer: 2002 16 ft Casita Freedom Deluxe
This is us on the way to the Grand Teton's

Name:	IMG_1363.jpg
Views:	274
Size:	35.4 KB
ID:	4057

I took over 1,000 pics during our 3 week trip, only saw 2 other Casita's, both couples were rude, and wouldn't even speak to me when I tried to talk to them. The next couple stayed in the spot right next to us in Canyon Campground in Yellowstone, they pulled in, unhitched, and left, didn't come back until late that night I guess I didn't hear them, and they were gone the next morning by 8am. So much for ALL FGRV people being nice. I did see a Boler, and a T@B, both of those owners were very nice.
I didn't get a picture, but I talked to a guy that had a 1972 Airstream 26' it was the 1st year they started to paint them, and his was white, it almost looked like Fiber glass, he totally restored it, and it was a beauty. Wish I had gotten a couple of pics before he left.

I'll try to post more later if anyone is interested. I haven't been doing much since we got back. I broke 2 ribs, and cracked 2 others while we were on vacation. Flew over the handle bars of the mountain bike, while we were waiting for Old Faithful to go off. It happened at the end of the 1st week of 3, they gave me enough pain meds so that it didn't ruin our vacation, just did a lot of hiking, and no more bike riding.

Tom
Tom & Keith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 01:18 PM   #147

Trailer: Y2K6 Bigfoot 25 ft (25B25RQ) & Y2K3 Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
July evening near West Bend, IA.

Name:	July_evening__Iowa.jpg
Views:	212
Size:	156.5 KB
ID:	4107
Roger H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 10:37 AM   #148

Trailer: Escape
This is my first post. I wanted to see if it works and if i can get a picture up here - we shouldn't be the only ones enjoying our new escape. If this goes OK, I'll get some better photos that allow you all to enjoy some Alaskan scenery without the moosquitos.

Dale
new to all of this (Escape is 2 months old)
Attached Thumbnails
Escape.jpg  
dlehman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 12:54 PM   #149

Trailer: 1983 Scamp 13 ft Standard
Here's my '83 Scamp with a screenroom larger than the itself...
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0005.jpg  
Old 07-24-2006, 02:14 PM   #150

Trailer: 2005 13 ft Trillium Outback
Registry
Well, thought I would put up a picture of my 2005 Trillium Outback. This picture is on the banks of the Potomac in West Virginia. No, the power pole is not attached to the trailer. This was towards the end of my 3 week 4000 mile trip from Illinois to New Hampshire and back in 2005.

Name:	PT_Trillium_2005_trip.jpg
Views:	387
Size:	79.1 KB
ID:	4173

The second picture is from my 5 week 5500 mile trip in May of 2006.

Name:	PT_loaded_2006.jpg
Views:	410
Size:	70.5 KB
ID:	4174

As you can see the Trilliun grew a longer tongue over the winter. You can just see the tail light covers from the Silverado on the right side. The diamond plate box is moving to the rear and the mobility scooter on the Tilt-a-Rack is moving to the tongue. About shook the scooter apart on the rear. Total length is now about 19'.

Curt
1998 K2500 Chevy Silverado 6.5 Turbo Diesel, 4X4, ext cab, short bed
Curtis F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 03:24 PM   #151

Trailer: Comet 1974
Has anyone ever heard of a Comet? It is a 1974 and is either German or Dutch manufactured. I just picked one up and went camping this weekend and someone was admiring it and told me about this website. We love this camper! Although the only part that is fiberglass is the roof. Any background info would be appreciated.

ryandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 07:35 PM   #152

Trailer: Burro
This is my 84 Burro, I installed a 75 watt solor panel,two 12 volt batt. two 5 gal propane
tanks, a 6 gal hot water heater, outdoor shower, large gas fridge, 15"tires & wheels
luggage rack for the built on barbe, and 10 x 10 canopy and the outboard motor for the
inflatable Wayne

Name:	IMG_0001_1.jpg
Views:	645
Size:	42.6 KB
ID:	4253
wayne s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 06:59 PM   #153
litle unik

Quote:
This thread was originally started by Jana.
To do things faster and better,post your photos here and please try to avoid linking to other sites.This will simplify matters.
Thanks

1978 Boler and 2000 Gmc Sonnoma
this is my 1974 unik greetings stef and mel
Attached Thumbnails
paintjob3.jpg   paintjob1.jpg  

Old 07-31-2006, 11:45 AM   #154

Trailer: 2008 T@da
Here is my "Tilly" on the trip from BC to Las Vegas. Walker Lake -look close - and Red Rock Canyo
Attached Thumbnails
walker_lake_email.jpg   red_rock_and_tilly_email.jpg  

Terrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 04:37 PM   #155

Trailer: Fiber Stream / Mazda B4000 pickup
A shot of Lulu (Fiberstream), with screen room.
Attached Thumbnails
Lulu_with_screen_room.jpg  
Robin Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 05:26 PM   #156

Trailer: 13 ft Scamp

Name:	<a title=scamp.jpg Views: 358 Size: 93.4 KB ID: 4295" style="margin: 2px" />
Just a quick introduction and hopefully picture of our recently purchased scamp (78/79?) My husband is a die hard hot rodder and we fell in love with these little trailers that show up to some of the events and have been looking off and on for the past 10 years.
We finally felt up to taking our 3yo daughter camping and found a clean little scamp a couple of weeks later. Eventually we would like to give it a theme and a coat of paint to match, but for now it just got a good cleaning and airing out. Plans are to haul it with my 47 Ford truck -hubby is on the fence about putting a hitch on his hot rod for now it goes with my Tahoe.
Our first outing--and my first towing experience - was to the Goodguys custom car show in Puyallup Wa in July, and even crammed in amongst the "big guys" in basically a grass field we had a great time. Our next planned trip is to the Wa coast later this month--squirt hasnt seen the "real" ocean yet, just the Puget Sound.

I found this site searching for some parts online and cant believe how helpful everyone is. I spent the first day pouring over the Modifications and Alterations section--wow there are some creative people out there. I hope to be able to add to it with some of our stuff.
I noticed on the Oregon gathering post there was a workshop for "Disaster Avoidence for newbies"(we would have loved to have been able to make that outing)-is there a similiar forum or post that someone remembers here that is something like that?

Curious anyone else have little ones--the two footed kind--that they take with them?
Jackie
Kenny&Jackie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 05:10 PM   #157

Trailer: Scamp 13 ft
Send a message via Yahoo to Candi Woods
Newly purchased Scamp 2001 13 ft. and used only twice. Newborn kittens not included in the purchase but taken on our first trip out. 95 GMC Jimmy to tow with.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0490_1.jpg   Scamp_at_first_campsite.jpg  

IMG_0443.jpg  
Candi Woods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 02:16 AM   #158

Trailer: 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel Dlx / 2001 Ford Ranger 4x4
Heres my Scampidoo...

[ATTACH][/ATTACH]
Christi V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 10:37 PM   #159

Trailer: 2005 Scamp
Just purchased 2003 Deluxe. Pic was taken in the Big Thicket of East Texas in the town of Segno and the community of Holly Grove.
Attached Thumbnails
HPIM0687.JPG   HPIM0685.JPG  

McClure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 10:14 AM   #160

Trailer: 1982 13 ft Burro
Here is a couple of pictures from last summer. Couple of our first trips with our Burro. First picture is in Leavenworth and the second is in Mt Vernon. Of course this is right here in Wash. State.
Attached Images

Ken & Sherry B. is offline   Reply With Quote