Sightings! - Page 15 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-02-2006, 09:08 PM   #281

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
It's probably still making it's way up the moutain, judging by the towing speed they were doing...

Hiway 18, northbound, still in the San Bernardino city limits at around 1000 foot level, but inching it's way up towards Crestline, a 13 foot Uhaul tugged by a white pick up (TRD?)

6:30 pm Nov. 2nd, 06.
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 09:11 PM   #282

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Bath
Today - Maricopa, AZ on Hwy 347 heading north toward I-10 we saw a Scamp13 with what looked like a boat which appeared to be 'glassed' onto the top. Very weird, and he was too fast for us, so we could not get a better look. Was that you? L 'n D
Old 11-13-2006, 09:04 PM   #283

Trailer: 1994 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Sunday afternoon about 2 pm Tucson time, you were heading west on Highway 86 with a shiny 16 ft Scamp pulled by a blue van/suv. Camping at Why?
Judy N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 04:28 PM   #284

Trailer: 1996 13 ft Scamp
Send a message via AIM to John Perry
Quote:
Saturday, last week, in Ojai California, a Compact II, Blue bottom, white top, packed to the hilt.

We invited them to Lake Casitas to see the other glass, but they were on thier way to elswhere.
Hi Gina,
Was that you I saw going west bound on Hiway 178 up the grade towards Walker Pass today?
I saw only 2 eggs on my 1100 mile trip to Arizona and back. One was a Fiberstream, I think, at Lake Alamo and another that was going west bound on Hiway 10 just before Blythe Ca.. I don't know what kind it was as I was pulling off the freeway to get gas and did not get a good look at it.
I hope you all had an enjoyable Thanksgiving Holiday.
John
John Perry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 07:18 PM   #285

Quail Trail RV Park, Gila Bend, AZ: we were in the Clubhouse working on the 'community' jigsaw puzzle when a couple came in and asked "is anyone here Leslie or Dave?" Casita owners Jane & husband from near Monterey, CA had stopped at the park to visit with our hosts (friends from military days) and saw the Scamp. They were on their way to San Diego, but we had a short visit during which we learned they just discovered this terrific site, and they plan to join us for the Oregon Gathering next July !!!! Hope everyone is enjoying a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday. Safe journeys & happy memories - L 'n D
Old 11-26-2006, 07:25 PM   #286

Registry
John, I was indeed on the 178 on Walker Pass today around 12:30 or so. BUT.... I was going eastbound.

I am hard to miss, I was in a silver Honda Element and my trailer is as Red as Red gets, with a white top.

I didn't see anyone towing an egg on my way home, and you would have been hard to miss on that stretch.

I was coming back from Kernville, going towards the 395 to inch my way south and home.

I had a sighting on my way UP, at Kramers Junction. (Where the 395 and the 58 cross in the desert of so. cal) A 1983 13ft Casita, with the ORANGE graphics, and a very enthusiastic owner. I pulled in behind them to walk the dogs. They had Colorado plates, didn't get thier name, but they were happy to see another egg.
Old 11-26-2006, 09:04 PM   #287

Trailer: 1996 13 ft Scamp
Send a message via AIM to John Perry
[quote]
John, I was indeed on the 178 on Walker Pass today around 12:30 or so. BUT.... I was going eastbound.

I am hard to miss, I was in a silver Honda Element and my trailer is as Red as Red gets, with a white top.

I didn't see anyone towing an egg on my way home, and you would have been hard to miss on that stretch.

I meant to say east bound. I went to Tehachapi to have breakfast with friends and then had to be home for some company this afternoon. I got home from Lake Alamo Friday night so I did not have the Scamp.
I hope 395 was not as congested as 14. There was a southbound back up of at least 8 to 10 miles miles on the north side of California City.
John
John Perry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 09:09 PM   #288

Registry
Woo Hoo!

I have been sighted!

395 was plugged up about 5 miles north of the 58, but other than that, it was actually the quietest I have ever seen it.
Old 11-26-2006, 10:48 PM   #289

Trailer: 1979 13 ft Boler and 1987 Bigfoot 5th Wheel
Registry
Today we saw a 13 ft Scamp being towed by a white truck or SUV going westbound on 178 by Walker pass.

Lucky you Gina, it took us 3.5 hours to get to Mojave. Traffic was stop and go from 16 miles out, road construction detours and that awful stop sign make for a BAD combo.
Old 11-27-2006, 12:18 PM   #290

Trailer: 1978 Volkswagen Westfalia
Coming back from Canada yesterday, we saw a 15-17 foot Casita being pulled by an older woman in a silver/grey SUV near Cincinnati.

Don't remember the state on her license plates because I was too busy looking at the trailer and how good she was driving.
Jan Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 01:39 PM   #291

Trailer: 1978 UNIK
Registry
Quote:
Since we got our Boler a year ago, I have only seen one other fiberglass trailer on the road while we were towing - I only saw it from behind, but as I recall (this was months ago) it was a 13-foot Boler or Trillium, headed east away from Edmonton (Alberta) on the Yellowhead Highway (16). I was going faster than I wanted to drag our B1700, so it eventually vanished in the distance. I'm not sure if I've seen any others during that year even while we were not towing our own.

I wonder how may eggs are just parked, and whether out-of-use units are any more or less common in molded fiberglass than with conventional trailers.
Brian,
Since you were thru Alberta I was wondering if you had ever seen a UNIK RV? They were made in Quebec and I just did a re-do of a 1978. No manuals or info from ANYONE. Can't find any owners or manufactures anywhere yet!
Old 11-27-2006, 01:44 PM   #292

Trailer: 1978 UNIK
Registry
Quote:
Coming back from Canada yesterday, we saw a 15-17 foot Casita being pulled by an older woman in a silver/grey SUV near Cincinnati.

Don't remember the state on her license plates because I was too busy looking at the trailer and how good she was driving.
Jan,
Canada, eh? have you ever seen a UNIK RV? Have done a re-do on our '78 made in Quebec. Have not been able to find ANYONE who has one or knows about them. Manufacturer not on record with Canadian Man. Assoc.
Old 11-27-2006, 01:50 PM   #293

Trailer: 1978 Volkswagen Westfalia
Quote:
Jan,
Canada, eh? have you ever seen a UNIK RV? Have done a re-do on our '78 made in Quebec. Have not been able to find ANYONE who has one or knows about them. Manufacturer not on record with Canadian Man. Assoc.

Sorry, never saw one and as a matter of fact, looked at a RV dealership and they had everything BUT Trillium, Scamp and Casita. They had Dutchman, Roadtrek and other brands but NOTHING Canadian.
Jan Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 07:11 PM   #294

Big Egg day on I-10 in today -

EB early afternoon in Texas Canyon area of eastern AZ, 16ft Scamp (no logos) and silver tug - we waved (and flashed ) but you were concentrating on traffic

EB between Lordsburg & Deming, a 16ft Casita tugged by a small white pickup - lots of waves (and more flashes )

Again EB between Lordsburg & Deming, a 16ft Casita with a small red SUV - more waves, etc.

Dec 4th, Gila Bend, AZ (Exit West Cafe) - Casita with black 4-dr pickup, also towing a small "personal watercraft". These folks were on their way from KY to Quartzsite for the winter.

Dec 2nd, Gila Bend, AZ - Quail Trail RV Park - 16ft. Scamp returning home from SoCal to near Buena Vista, CO (hmmm, reverse snow-birds, eh?).

It is so much fun to sight and/or visit with other FG-ers as we travel. Hope you all enjoyed safe travels and we wish everyone a joyous holiday! L 'n D
Old 12-11-2006, 09:11 PM   #295

Hi again - only spied one FGRV today - WB on Interstate 10 (mm 154) heading toward Van Horn, TX - nice shiny Casita (think it was a 16ft) pushing a silver tow vehicle. We were oggling the huge cattle ranch we were passing (Koehn Cattle Co) and didn't have time to wave or 'flash'. Perhaps this was a happy new owner heading home from the Casita factory in Rice, TX? Hope you are having as much fun as we are! Happy trails, L 'n D
Old 12-11-2006, 11:03 PM   #296

Trailer: 2006 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
We were coming home from a long time on the road and were heading up I-5 when we saw a 16 foot scamp heading south maybe about Sacramento. Was that you?
Linda R002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 08:50 PM   #297

Trailer: Cadet 1985 / 2006 Element
Friday afternoon, Dec 15, I saw what looked like a sparkling new Casita going north on I-75 through Chattanooga. Pulled by a small red SUV-type (they all look the same to me) with Tennessee tags. Meigs county on the tags?
DonInChatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 10:17 PM   #298

Trailer: Cadet 1985 / 2006 Element
Quote:
:Again EB between Lordsburg & Deming, a 16ft Casita with a small red SUV - more waves, etc.
Could this be the same Casita I saw this afternoon?
DonInChatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 01:44 PM   #299

Hey, Don - could be. That's a LOT of ground to cover in 7 days, but can be done if one wanted to zoom. Happy Holidays - L 'n D
Old 12-27-2006, 02:02 AM   #300

Trailer: Hunter 1 / Chevy Blazer
Registry
I finally saw another egg on the road, Christmas Day about 11:40 am on Hwy 67 going west just outside of Ramona, Ca. I was driving to Julian and spoted it going the other way. It was a 15 or 17 foot white trailer, with a white truck (I think). Was it Santa on the way to San Diego for some R&R?
Linda of San Diego is offline   Reply With Quote