Sightings! - Page 190 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-14-2018, 07:52 PM   #3781

Name: Dave
Trailer: Bigfoot
Newfoundland & Labrador
ALCAN HWY SIGHTS

Saw Bigfoot 17 south bound towards Ft. St. John and what looked like a Triple E south bound near Moocha River. The Triple E type was on a flat bed trailer but the fiberglass was molded down to the trailer bed and over the trailer wheels. There did not appear to be an axle directly under the trailer body.
There is a rig titled "Northern Lite" here in Whitehorse that looks like a cross between a Trillium and a Casita. I have never seen anything like these two rigs in all my travels.

Also saw what looked like an abandoned Bigfoot at a derelict property near the continental divide. I will stop next week when I am south bound and check it out.
Old 06-22-2018, 04:07 PM   #3782

Trailer: Casita
Registry
Saw Newer 17 foot Casita being towed by a white pickup on TX377 a few miles South of Benbrook Texas this morning. They turned West off 377.
Gene Masse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 04:49 PM   #3783
Commercial Member

Name: Mike
Trailer: Boler13/trillium4500/buro13
Ontario
So far today heading east on hw 40 saw an Oliver heading west in Arizona just outside of flagstaff and a trillium 4500 heading west in New Mexico still another six hours to go to Oklahoma so might not be done yet.
Mikmay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 04:56 PM   #3784
Commercial Member

Name: Mike
Trailer: Boler13/trillium4500/buro13
Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikmay View Post
So far today heading east on hw 40 saw an Oliver heading west in Arizona just outside of flagstaff and a trillium 4500 heading west in New Mexico still another six hours to go to Oklahoma so might not be done yet.
Just finished typing this when low and behold just saw a casita cross over the hw in Albuquerque so that’s three today
Mikmay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 05:13 PM   #3785

Trailer: 2013Escape 21
Iowa
Like a lot of fiberglass owners we are always on the lookout for fiberglass trailers. Whenever we start out in the morning I make a prediction for the day. Like 2 Scamps and a Casita today. I have never been right. Close but not right on. Our personal best day occurred on the weekend before Labor Day as we traveled across South Dakota from the Badlands to the Iowa border. We saw 5 Scamps, 2 Escapes, a Casita, a boler and one I could not ID. We figured it was the last full week before school started and both locals and long distance travelers were out in force. They were all westbound on I-90. Next best day was 5.
Iowa Dave
Iowa Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 06:08 PM   #3786

Name: Patricia
Trailer: 1975 Ventura
Ontario
Trillium

A yellow/gold trillium in the Burnaby Caribou RV park this morning in Vancouver area. My first "live" trillium.
Patricia D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 07:47 PM   #3787

Name: Lora
Trailer: 89 Bigfoot 17G & 73 Compact II
Northern Neck, VA
Registry
On the train headed to Denver. Spotted a 15' Scamp in campground on CO river just upstream from Glenwood Springs, CO. Then saw a 13' Scamp in an RV storage lot as we neared Denver.
Lora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 08:34 AM   #3788

Name: Z
Trailer: Sasquatch
Montana
Got to see my first FiberStream this weekend. I think it was a 1975. Really nice.
ZachO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 07:37 PM   #3789

Name: Gene
Trailer: 77 Modified Scamp 13 Towed with 99 Jeep Wrangler
Iowa
Registry
Where are the scamps?

My wife and I are just completing a NE US tour starting in Iowa and going thru New York City to Maine and across Canada and back to Iowa. Only saw 1 Casita and 2 Tag trailers in two weeks. Where are all of the eggs?
GMYoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 08:55 PM   #3790

Iowa
Hidden Eggs

Not to be at all critical and not knowing your route, if you are not running interstates or divided highway routes you don’t see many eggs. We drive from Cedar Rapids to Fort Wayne on I-80 and US 30 about 6 to 8
Times a year. We average 2 fiberglass trailer sittings in 800 miles. On state highways a whole lot less. Friday after about 3 pm, Saturday morning before noon, Sunday mid afternoon are times we see most fiberglass. Weekdays in any month besides May thru Labor Day are a tough pumper chance as we used to say in the Forest Service.
Last weekend we saw a Trillium going out between Joliet and Chicago and a
Casita about mid Illinois coming back. Good luck in your camping and looking for
Fiberglass.
Iowa Dave
Old 06-26-2018, 11:32 PM   #3791

Trailer: Scamp 13 ft
Scamps !

Two days ago I passed an older Scamp in Merced CA as I headed back to Sonora. As we pulled up to a red light I got to talk to ‘ Janet ‘ for a moment. I pulled into a Taco Bell as she went on. (The only place I can get gas for $2.49).
Later I caught up with her when she pulled off. I wanted to make sure all was well.We talked about her Scamp, I showed her a few hints on her door that sometimes comes open. I told her DO NOT take the Scamp into Yosemite, she said traffic did not bother her. I told her she might not even get into the gate and the ‘park ‘would be a parking lot ! She had been told about the ‘bad’ roads. I said roads were good, but parking and traffic were horrible, she should leave the Scamp at the 1000 Trails in Groveland, drive in and use the free shuttles. I forgot to mention the YART buses from Groveland and Sonora. I hope it helped her a bit.

David in Fresno and Sonora
Attached Thumbnails
B4E9DE4E-8065-4D6F-B988-CE2D3E5E2D93.jpg  
DavidG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 11:08 AM   #3792

Iowa
Registry
Just after crossing border at Sault Ste Marie we spotted a scamp 16 and scamp 13 headed north for the bridge. Coming South thru Traverse City to Chicago and back to Iowa on I-80 no others were spotted.
Old 06-29-2018, 11:10 AM   #3793

Iowa
Registry
It seemed to me that any of the Scamps we spotted all stayed on interstate highway. All the way from Bar Harbor Me thru New Hampshire and Vermont on US Highways no eggs were spotted.
Old 07-05-2018, 07:38 AM   #3794

Iowa
Close to home

Had to make a morning run to the supermarket yesterday. Parked in the lot was a new scamp towed by a Subaru. Owner was in the TV so I had to talk to her. We had a nice conversation. She only lived about a mile away. Her description “ my house backs up to the park”. In the afternoon my brother came over to the house and I described the camper to him. I must not get out enough as he knew the camper, the house, street it was on, and the tow. He lives on the other side of this park. He’s a retired letter carrier and as a sub when he started out carried every route, at one time or another, in our home town of 120,000 He notices everything, I’m oblivious most of the time.
Iowa Dave
Old 07-07-2018, 09:24 AM   #3795

Trailer: Casita
Registry
While driving through Devils Lake, ND today I spotted a 13' Casita pulling in to the Walmart on the East side of town. I went over to them in the parking lot to say hi. Turns out it was a unit I use to own. It is the first one I had gotten from military surplus over 5 years ago. Same people had it. I told them about this forum.

After that I continued East on US2 toward Grand Forks, ND. Not 10 miles East a newer Scamp went by in the West bound lane. A "twofer" today!

Gene Masse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 10:33 AM   #3796

Iowa
My extensive network of spotter just notified me of an Escape 5th Wheel named Happy Max and a Scamp close together on
I 380 south of Cedar Rapids, Northbound. Eacape was pulled by a Nissan truck.
Iowa Dave
Old 07-17-2018, 08:55 AM   #3797

Name: Daniel
Trailer: Sold it
Northern VA
Flew into Vancouver BC this past Saturday. Few hours later, saw a Boler being towed around the city.
Sunday, wife and I went with her brother's family along the coast toward Squamish, saw a Boler and I think two Trillium trailers.

Too bad they where going the opposite direction from where I was going. Would have liked to get a closer look.

Seeing 4 campers in a day and a half was fun. I think wife is already tired of me pointing them out.
Dan-NS27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 09:42 AM   #3798

Name: Terry
Trailer: 1974 Hunter Compact II
Oregon
A "small world" happening!
LarryTheresa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 10:33 AM   #3799

Name: John
Trailer: Escape 21, behind an '02 F250 7.3 diesel tug
Mid Left Coast
Camped at Emmigrant Lake near Ashland, there's a Casita across from us, and they are heading to Bullards Beach tomorrow, as are we. ��

100F here and likely lower 60s on the coast.
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 01:43 PM   #3800

Name: Barb
Trailer: Trillium Outback 2004
British Columbia
Registry
Island Highway

Heading South to Victoria spotted a 15 ft. Escape, a Trillium and a Boler all going North.

On return 3 hour trip North to Comox Valley, spotted 2 Trilliums, a Boler, the same Escape, I'm sure, and an unidentifiable by me. It had a very small square window off to one side on the back, and the whole trailer looked quite narrow, like a Burro, but no vertical centre seam???

So happy to see these on the highway that I wanted to wave, but they were too far away on the other 2 lanes of traffic. On my return about half way back, I dropped down to the coastal highway where the driving is slower, but didn't see one of 'our' types of trailers. The, "Half the size, Twice the fun." types that were outnumbered by the stickie behemoths.