Sightings! - Page 31 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-27-2007, 05:59 PM   #601

Trailer: Casita
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Dick & Joanne
Saw another Casita in the Paynes Prairie campground (FL). Nobody home. Maybe tomorrow.

Dick
Dick & Joanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 11:17 PM   #602

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Bath
Dave retrieved Leslie from the Phoenix airport today (left 22* in Reno - brrrr ) At Gila Bend, saw a Casita 17 and bright red pickup TV. We met Pete & Sharon from Texas and had a nice long chat. Too bad they are moving on tomorrow, heading for points west - we could have yakked all night. Hope we meet them down the road. They encouraged us to attend the Texas Bluebonnet Rally in April, and we hope they will return to the Oregon Gathering in July. Dontcha just love connecting with folks "in a fiberglass frame of mind"? L ' D
Old 01-07-2008, 09:58 PM   #603

Trailer: 1998 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe / Red F150 X-Cab
Does it count if it's in storage? Saw a Scamp at the back of an RV campground in Bodega Bay last week. Hopefully it gets used fairly often. I also was passed by a beautiful and shiny Airstream Bambi as I came off the Bay Bridge into San Francisco that same day. I had never seen one before and it took me by surprise--pretty neat--though not as neat as my Casita, of course!
Lisa M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 01:23 AM   #604

On our morning walk today we saw a 16ft Scamp/Casita and white tug speed by the CG gate ... anyone here, on the way to Quartzsite, perhaps?

Just last week, a beautiful 25ft Bigfoot was parked a few sites away from our Scamp, so we went to say 'hello' ... delightful couple named Lori & Michael (also Buddy the Wonderdog!) ... anyone know these folks? We had a GREAT visit ... but then we had to share them with other forum members at the Dome Rock campout. Here's their new outfit -

Keepin' an eye out for 'glass - L 'n D
Attached Thumbnails
bats.JPG  
Old 01-16-2008, 09:29 AM   #605

Trailer: 2001 13 ft Scamp / 1993 Jeep Cherokee
Hey, that looks like Mike "the Webmaster" in the truck. If so, that was Lori who does the dutch oven classes at the fiberglass gatherings.

2019 Ram Longhorn
Joy A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 10:32 AM   #606

Trailer: Bigfoot 25 ft / Dodge 3500HD 4X4 Jake Brake
Quote:
Hey, that looks like Mike "the Webmaster" in the truck. If so, that was Lori who does the dutch oven classes at the fiberglass gatherings.
Bigfoot Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 06:21 PM   #607

Trailer: Hunter Compact II
I'm camped at Morro Dunes RV Park at Morro Bay, Sunday, Jan. 20, and there's a 1500 Bigfoot across the way. Nice to see molded fiberglass among all these stickies and bulgemobiles.
Mike Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 11:49 PM   #608

Trailer: 2006 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
We just got back from a one thousand eight hundred mile trip from Oregon around California. Stoppped at Pacifica RV park and then over to Fresno and below and all the way home not one sighting until we were at MP69 in Oregon on I-5 we spotted a scamp. How is it that we can drive all around California for 12 days and not have one sighting? Where is everyone?
Linda R002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 12:56 AM   #609

Last week, a Scamp 5er towed by silver/grey 4-door light pickup (Dakota?) spent one night perched here at Quail Trail RV in Gila Bend. Did not get out & about early enough to visit before they pulled out - anyone from this forum?

Saturday night, shiny 2007 Scamp 5er with red pickup tug in for one night on the way to southern California. Delightful folks from Edmonton, Alberta; have had the Scamp just one year and showed off some neat mods to this side-bath model - reduced the size of the front bunk to seat one, made a nice staircase (with underneath storage) to the loft, and put a nice wardrobe closet in the remaining space. They follow this forum - we encouraged them to attend any/all of the gatherings. Stay warm, everyone, L 'n D
Old 01-25-2008, 07:30 PM   #610

Trailer: 1977 Scamp 13 ft
Spotted a lemon yellow egg headed south on I-65 between Montgomery and Mobile Alabama. Don't recall the tow, as it was a quick glance. Can't be too many lemon yellow eggs.

Faith
Faith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 07:47 PM   #611

Trailer: 1996 13 ft Scamp
Send a message via AIM to John Perry
I was in the Bakersfield Ca. Costco on Rosedale Hiway today and saw a very nice 13' Scamp in the parking lot.
It was so shiny I thought it was brand new. It had a roof mount A/C and a straight axel. The T/V was a white extra cab Toyota Tacoma. The license plate frame on the Scamp stated this is our nest egg.
If you are a member here, sorry I missed you, I waited around for a while to meet you but had to get home.
John

John Perry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 01:16 AM   #612

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
I almost forgot!

Sunday, 27th Jan, you were headed west on I-10 just a smidge to the west and outside the "lovely" town of Blythe California with a Red Jeep liberty and a 17 foot Casita, no graphics.. white as the driven snow.

This was around 2 pm, pacific time. if you head been 5 mins east, it would have been 3 pm!
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 01:40 AM   #613

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
We passed a 17' Casita South of Tucson between Benson and Tucson, East bound I-10 being pulled by a Chevy Van, Brownish color, Noonish on Monday 28 Jan. '08. Our Scamp was at home at the time.

We also saw an older Casita perhaps a 17' sitting in a RV Sales Lot also just South of Tucson off I-10, just south of the Air Port turn-off west side off the interstate, east/west bound are going more north/south at this area.
2009 White Ford F-150 Reg. Cab Longbed ARE Topper
Adrian W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 07:15 PM   #614

High noon today - nice Casita pushing a silver/grey Jeep Liberty - WB on Butterfield Trail transition road between I-8 and I-10 in Gila Bend, AZ. Perhaps it was someone heading for the Dome Rock Rally west of Quartzsite ??? Hope you are having fun - we are! L 'n D
Old 01-31-2008, 06:10 PM   #615

Trailer: Trails West Campster 1970
Registry
I'm not sure what I saw. I was southbound on 99 between Kingsburg and Visalia, California, around 11 AM today. It was an egg, 16-17 feet, no ID. TV was a truck (sorry I was looking at the egg) driven by a man. The egg had AC, but behind it, almost as high as the AC, was a section of the roof bumped up kind of like on a Havasu. Was it you, and if it was, what kind of Egg was it??

Bobbie
Bobbie Mayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 02:41 PM   #616

Trailer: 2006 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
I saw two fiberglass trailers today, both heading south on I-5, both about milepost 200 but they were an hour apart. First was a 17 foot bigfoot pulled by a silver Ford truck, I think the bigfoot was about a 98? The second was a Casita 17 foot pulled by a silver suv. I waved. Hope you are heading to warm sunny places. Ours is still waiting to get the grey water tank replaced due to our last trip and running over some truck chains left in the road.
Linda R002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 11:49 PM   #617

Yesterday, 2/12 - in the BLM 'dispersed camping' area east of Quarzsite, AZ - spotted a light-green Trillium with Maxx-fan and cool solar arrangement on the roof. Nearby black pickup (ca late 1040's) looked to be the tug. No one around to say 'hi' to, but it was neat to find another Egg in the desert. Bet they look neat all hitched up and rollin'. Getting warmer every day here in weird & windy Quartzsite! L 'n D
Old 02-14-2008, 08:45 PM   #618

Trailer: 2005 13 ft Scamp
Question

Valentine's Day 2008 saw a 13' Scamp pulled by a white pu/white shell in Weaverville, CA headed west on highway 299. Getting close to my territory.
Marg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 11:15 AM   #619

Trailer: 1994 Lil Bigfoot and 1967 Traveleze Royal Traveler
A few days late on this one.

Sunday, Feb 10, southbound on Hwy 101 between Salishan and Lincoln City, OR, at about 1:00pm.

17' Escape pulled by a red fullsized pickup with a canopy. Looked like Canadian plates, and I seem to recall kayaks in there somewhere, too.
Old 02-17-2008, 03:16 PM   #620

A day or two ago on AZ95 in Quartzsite, we saw an older Boler (? - white on top, grey below belly-band) towed by a 4-door sedan. You turned into the Shell station at the intersection ... R-U a Forum member? L 'n D