Sightings! - Page 47 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-08-2009, 05:00 PM   #921

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Talking

Quote:
Was a PT Cruiser towing your Trek sighting?
Yes, a [b]RED PT Cruiser.
Old 02-09-2009, 12:35 PM   #922

Trailer: Boler 1984
February 9, 2009 at 12:26 PM a Bigfoot truck camper on a Black pick-up. It was going south on Norwich Ave in Woodstock, Ontario. Maybe headed for the 401.
james kent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 07:24 PM   #923

Trailer: Scamp 13 ft
Registry
A fiberglass sighting on Riggs Road near I-10 (Chandler, AZ). It was a Compact Jr., red on the lower half, white on top being towed by a Subaru..............was it you?????
Chris L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 10:17 PM   #924

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
today, 2-10-09, headed eastbound on I-10 at 11:45 AM.. somewhere between Palmhenge, er Desert Center and Blythe California..

a Scamp 5th, with GOLD lettering.

You looked over at me, tugging my Burro in the other direction.
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 11:44 PM   #925

Trailer: 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel Deluxe ('The White House')
Gina D - did you notice what kind of truck the Deeeluxe was pushing???????? Color?????????????

Quote:
today, 2-10-09, headed eastbound on I-10 at 11:45 AM.. somewhere between Palmhenge, er Desert Center and Blythe California..

a Scamp 5th, with GOLD lettering.

You looked over at me, tugging my Burro in the other direction.
Weinel, Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 11:54 PM   #926

Trailer: 77 Scamp
Boler southbound I-5 1:00 pm sunday Feb 15th...........Also miles apart Scamp on I-5 Anacortez exit looked like you might be heading to Deception Pass (Washington).....Van pulling 13 foot scamp you grey beard......me the honking fool waving.....the car behind you waved...not sure if you saw
Flygal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 02:25 PM   #927

Trailer: 1998 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe / Red F150 X-Cab
Friday, Feb. 13 late morning on CA I-5, south of Los Banos: a 17' Casita towed by an empty large white passenger van. I honked and waved at you while pulling my Casita, but you never even looked my way.
Lisa M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 04:42 PM   #928

Trailer: 2008 21 ft Bigfoot
A 13' Trillium on Highway 101 south of Yachats, Oregon traveling south on Sunday, Feb. 15th! Beautiful day for a drive along the coast!
Charlene Urso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 05:10 PM   #929

Registry
Alan, it was a non discript newer mid sized pick up.. light light color, but not white.

I forgot, actually. My bad.

Was it you?
Old 02-25-2009, 12:18 PM   #930

Trailer: 2008 19 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe 5th Wheel
No ma'am - not us. We are still travelling incognito! lol

We **WERE** down from Sacramento to the Palm Springs area Thurs 2-12 returning home Monday 2-16 - stayed in Desert Hot Springs

And while there, we saw THREE Casitas! We were in Caliente Hot Springs FULL of Gi-normous rigs plus our lil Scamp and a Casita. We never were able to see folks around the rig, so we didn't meet them.

On Sat 2/14 went to Joshua Tree Nat'l Park, and saw a Casita in a day use parking lot - again not sure where the folks were, so no greeting.

Then I THINK the same afternoon, headed back to Desert Hot Springs from 29Palms area, was either that same unit from the park OR another headed north towards Apple Valley area.

Still no Scampsl

Quote:
Alan, it was a non discript newer mid sized pick up.. light light color, but not white.

I forgot, actually. My bad.

Was it you?
Alan Weinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 12:31 AM   #931

Trailer: 2007 Casita
Today at ST Vrain State Park AKA Barber Ponds! 16 or 17 footer in a site with no vehicle either time I passed going to and coming from Denver. I am thinking it was a Casita.............. But hard to be sure cause I am on the Hwy going 75 and the little egg was blocked by a big 5er when heading south, but almost dark when I was heading back home. White for sure! Roof top air, big window in back. I was just thinking the other day of going down there for a day or two, just to test drive the new truck towing the egg. Enjoy! Robin
Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 05:27 PM   #932

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT
Registry
I know - it was not moving and did not look as if it had moved for a while, but we were so excited, I had to post this.

We saw our first 13' UHaul today! It was in the back yard of someone at Exit 99 just east of Indianapolis peeking from behind the garage. We know a lot of owners from uhaulcamper.com but have never seen one.

Gee, maybe they want to sell. We have room on our parking pad next to the 16' UHaul....

CindyL
Old 03-01-2009, 06:45 PM   #933

Trailer: 1998 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe / Red F150 X-Cab
We **WERE** down from Sacramento to the Palm Springs area Thurs 2-12 returning home Monday 2-16 - stayed in Desert Hot Springs

Alan, you were spotted by my neighbor on Hwy 99 (at least I bet it was you)! He came over all excited to tell me he had seen my trailer's "big brother" out on the highway! I was impressed that he had taken note that it was a 5th wheel Scamp. Pretty good for a stickie owner!
Lisa M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 07:19 PM   #934

Trailer: 17 ft 1986 Burro
Quote:
I know - it was not moving and did not look as if it had moved for a while, but we were so excited, I had to post this.

We saw our first 13' UHaul today! It was in the back yard of someone at Exit 99 just east of Indianapolis peeking from behind the garage. We know a lot of owners from uhaulcamper.com but have never seen one.

Gee, maybe they want to sell. We have room on our parking pad next to the 16' UHaul....

CindyL
I have seen that U-Haul every time I go down to Tennessee. It's been there for several years now. I get excited every time I see it, my wife thinks I'm nuts.
pjanits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 09:44 AM   #935

Going South 02/12 or north 02/16?

White F-150 (in keeping with the one who has Robert Red Ford, I have been TOYING with "Whitey Ford)/

Quote:

Alan, you were spotted by my neighbor on Hwy 99 (at least I bet it was you)! He came over all excited to tell me he had seen my trailer's "big brother" out on the highway! I was impressed that he had taken note that it was a 5th wheel Scamp. Pretty good for a stickie owner!
Old 03-02-2009, 04:16 PM   #936

Registry
We passed a Casita today in South Carolina pulled by a burgundy Jeep-looking vehicle. We saw it at about 2:53 PM at Mile Marker 126 on I-26 south of Spartenburg.
We pointed but didn't wave. Since we were not pulling our trailer, if the driver saw us, he/she probably just thought we were rude, not fellow fiberglassers.

CindyL
Old 03-02-2009, 05:17 PM   #937

CindyL - I saw you are listed as Chicago - that reminded me... these little fellas ARE attention getters...

Last fall... after we got our Scamp in Backus in September, we were headed to Niagara and further east (N.H, VT, ME, CT, so on). ANYWAY, at one of the (way too many IMHO) toll booths in your State, we ended up getting into a neat conversation with the lady taking the toll. THANKFULLY it was a slow day for her - she had never seen the 5th wheel and just chatted away. We must have visited with her for ... it SEEMED like 5 minutes! But I bet it was only a minute or two. Doesn't SOUND like a long time, but I guarantee that if there had been someone behind us it would have been FOREVER. Just a DELIGHTFUL lady.

Quote:
We passed a Casita today in South Carolina pulled by a burgundy Jeep-looking vehicle. We saw it at about 2:53 PM at Mile Marker 126 on I-26 south of Spartenburg.
We pointed but didn't wave. Since we were not pulling our trailer, if the driver saw us, he/she probably just thought we were rude, not fellow fiberglassers.

CindyL
Old 03-02-2009, 08:40 PM   #938

Registry
She must not have been working our toll gate when we went east last summer .

Glad she made a good impression! Guess we just need to either travel with ours more, so she knows what they look like.

CindyL
Old 03-02-2009, 09:31 PM   #939

Registry
OK, I just did a 1200 mile round trip, or I should say, jawbone, from Crestline to San Diego to Phoenix to Show Low to Laughlin and back to Crestline. I was towing my Burro on the trip out.

Saw 2 Casitas on I-8. One at about Campo, going west, silver suv with yellow canoes on the roof, weds 2-25, and then another, you were stuck in the line waiting to go thru the border patrol checkpoint, just outside yume.. same day.

The next day, on hiway 84 in AZ, going north just past Casa Grande, 10ish am or so, another older Casita. You couldn't have missed me, that hiway is so narrow!
Old 03-02-2009, 11:11 PM   #940

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Bath
Today, noonish, in Quartzsite - AZ/US95 northbound - Scamp 5th wheel pulled by a teal green X-cab pickup. Saw you again as you were driving thru town. Hope you're enjoying your time in the desert!

Gina - that's a WHOLE lot of miles - glad you are safely back on your mountain. L 'n D