Sightings! - Page 26 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-01-2007, 08:45 PM   #501

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Marie and I have been on holidays from Aug 17 till to day.We saw a total of 48 FGRVs.Most of them in BC.
13FT Bolers--19
17FT Bolers--2
Trillium OutBacks--3
Trilliums--10
Trillium 5500--1
Biggar--1
Bigfoots--8
Scamp 5th Wheel--1
Escape--2
Compact J--1

The ones that stood out.

A 13ft Outback Trillium followed in line by a 13 ft Boler and that followed by a 13ft Bigfoot all on Highway way #3 last week.

One in Jasper Alberta today from Newfoundland.

The Trillium 5500 parked in front of MacDonalds in Revelstroke BC.

Most of the Bolers were really done up nicely and being pulled by older cars.
Old 09-01-2007, 09:44 PM   #502

Trailer: 1975 13 ft Trillium
Registry
...those 'nicely done up ones' were prolly some of my Rodder type buddies either going to or coming from a rod run up that way (north). This weekend their numbers have dwindled down to a 'grande sized' fist full of cars/trailers spending this weekend in Boston Bar, one couple, living in CHILLIWACK have a 1953 Chev with a color matched 17ft Boler . We were invited to come, but the Trailer Goddess and I are preparing to downsize our belongings in prep. for retirement and possibly a move in a year of two, so we need all the spare time we can muster to get things organized for yard sales, etc! !!!
Doug Mager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 12:10 PM   #503

Trailer: 1978 UNIK
Registry
We saw the tail end of a Casita headed West on TX Hwy 80 near Mesquite, TX on Sunday 9-2 at ~ 9:45AM. Hope you were headed to some fun! Happy traveling. Terry
Old 09-03-2007, 10:18 PM   #504

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Today saw 3 FGrvs
A 17ft Bigfoot and a 13ft bigfoot,both heading west from Jasper National Park.Parked at Miette Hot Springs across from Gift/Cafe building a 13ft Boler.
Old 09-04-2007, 06:12 AM   #505

Trailer: 84 13 ft Sunline (stickbuilt)
Zeeland, MI 9/3/2007

A scamp behind a minivan heading west on Chicago Drive (business loop 196)

Kevin & Georgetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 08:06 AM   #506

Trailer: Scamp 13 ft
Send a message via Yahoo to Candi Woods
This weekend, Friday and Sat. , Niobrara State Park, Nebraska, 13ft. Scamp. We wanted to come down and chat but you left while we were out and about on Sunday.
Candi Woods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 02:09 PM   #507

Registry
Quote:
when - Saturday 2007 Aug 11, late afternoon
where - southbound on the St. Albert Trail, between the 137 Ave and the Yellowhead, in Edmonton, Alberta
what - a [b]13' Boler, pulled by a custom truck

This was a nice-looking egg, white-over-orange, colour-matched to the street rod style panel truck (1950's, I assume, but I didn't get a good look). St. Albert had their Rock'n August festival this weekend, featuring lots of custom cars, so I thought there might be an egg or two. I didn't make it to the show 'n' shine, so I don't know if there were any others.

See what I mean, John... one day of local driving and two egg sightings...

Most of these sightings are of vehicles going the other way, so I find that I never get a very good look!
Brian, this rig showed up this morning parked on a local side road, looked like he/they were maybe waiting for the mall to open up! I was going too circle back and wait a few minutes to see IF theyd come back, but I was late enough as it is. Nice looking 47/48 Chebby sedan delivery though. Looked great with the color matched egg behind it too.
Old 09-05-2007, 04:13 PM   #508

Trailer: 1972 Burro
Spotted a red Love Bug waiting to get repaired in Bedford VA
Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 11:09 PM   #509

Registry
..........spotted Sept 3, oh seven!!
Original pea soup green 1974 Trillium pulled off to the side of the road next door to our estate!

The hood of the TV was up (not to my surprise) and it was overheating (had boiled over). The TV with the hood up (that DIDN'T surprise me) turned out to be Chebby powered. What did surprise me is the fact that this guy/couple are our NEW neighbours and are Rodder types, with a 1940 Ford (Chebby powered) with a Glass Egg to boot!! I think we are going to be getting along R E A L well. He has seen our 37 Plymouth and the Trillium, but I was hoping today he might spot our 26T Touring, as I had it parked out back today but they got back home from Uptown about 40 minutes after I put the T back in its stall!!

MAYBE TOMORROW!!!!!!
Old 09-06-2007, 12:57 AM   #510

Trailer: 2006 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
Today while camping in Nehalem Bay State Park on the Oregon coast we spoted an older Boler in a camp spot but no TV or people and while we were having dinner spotted a Scamp pull in. Hopefully tomorrow we will get a chance to say hi to some of those folks.
Linda R002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 10:54 PM   #511

Registry
.......noonish today, eastbound on HWY#7 east in Maple Ridge B.C. Canada.
Spotted a 'senior' blue haired lady driving (solo) in a yellow Jeep(?) towing a dark blue with bright yellow n red painted flames across its (Bolers) prow.
HAY....
....someones gotta love it!!!
Old 09-07-2007, 07:52 AM   #512

Trailer: 1976 Trillium 13 ft
Quote:
.......noonish today, eastbound on HWY#7 east in Maple Ridge B.C. Canada.
Spotted a 'senior' blue haired lady driving (solo) in a yellow Jeep(?) towing a dark blue with bright yellow n red painted flames across its (Bolers) prow.
HAY....
....someones gotta love it!!!
Kind of like this one? Look at the last picture at the bottom of the page.

http://www.geocities.com/bolerama/lipton.html
brendadave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 04:00 PM   #513

Trailer: 2006 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
Today in Nahalem Bay State park we stoped by on our way out to say hi to the brand new Scamp and the Casita parked next to it. Bullard was so big, we recognized their faces but hadn't gotten to meet them properly. Hope we get to spend more time visiting at the NOG.
Linda R002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 09:10 PM   #514

Registry
Quote:
Kind of like this one? Look at the last picture at the bottom of the page.

http://www.geocities.com/bolerama/lipton.html
<span style="font-size:24pt;line-height:100%">Yupperz!!</span> Datz the lady n trailer!!!
Old 09-07-2007, 11:40 PM   #515

Trailer: 2005 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Today, going northbound on I-205 in Vancouver, WA, spotted two Trillium trailers being pulled by two classic 50's automobiles (one green, one burgundy). They were obviously caravaning, but to (from) where ?

--Lynne
lynneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 09:21 PM   #516

Registry
.........the pair could have been coming going to any number of weekend rod runs held in the summer time up here in the Great sPacific North Wet!

I guess you didn't have a chance to check the plates, being either U.S. or Canadian, huh??
Old 09-08-2007, 11:13 PM   #517

Trailer: 2005 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Quote:
.........the pair could have been coming going to any number of weekend rod runs held in the summer time up here in the Great sPacific North Wet!

I guess you didn't have a chance to check the plates, being either U.S. or Canadian, huh??
Hi Doug,

I didn't even think to look at the plates! I was too busy checking out the cars and oogling the trailers

--Lynne
lynneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 09:52 AM   #518

Trailer: 13 ft Scamp
My husband and I took a drive around the Olympic penninsula yesterday because it was absolutely lovely here in the Pacific NW yesterday and ran across a bunch of FGRV's!

around 2:00
13ft Boler--two ladies doing a little antiquing outside Quilcene Wa

just seconds later down the road a 16ft (?) newer Boler with kyak/canoe heading toward Quilcene

As we drove around Port Townsend looking at all of the lovely gingerbread houses we saw --a 13ft Boler parked on the overlook-assuming they were down in town looking at the wooden boat festival.
Then at residences a 13ft Scamp and a Casita within about 2 blocks of each other.

It was great fun seeing so many trailers out and about this weekend.

Oh and last weekend we were at the Early Irons car show in Port Gamble and met a nice couple with their blue compact II and hot rod.
Kenny&Jackie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 01:46 PM   #519

Trailer: 1976 Trillium 13 ft
September 9, 2007 spotted on Yellowhead Trail in Edmonton heading towards Sherwood Park...New Toyota FJ Crusier light blue bottom with white top, and the Boler painted to match. If it is the Boler I think it is, it looks like a nightclub on the inside.

Lookin' Good!
brendadave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 04:38 PM   #520

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Bath
Hi all - greetings from MAINE!

On the afternoon of Sept 7th as we were admiring the scenery at Quechee Gorge SP in New Hampshire, a nice looking Burro went by heading east ... we grinned & waved, of course, and hoped they smiled at our Scamp in the parking lot. It was good to see another egg after a long dry spell Happy Fall - L 'n D