Smoke Season Begins - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-01-2021, 02:41 PM   #1

Name: P
Trailer: Casita
Washington
Smoke Season Begins

Looks like tomorrow. Bummer. Too hot to leave because I have to keep the shrubbery alive. This is for North Central Warshington.

From a facebook air quality something agency page.

Hey there! Head's up that we're forecasted to get our first significant wildfire smoke of the season possibly starting tomorrow and through the weekend as winds shift and push smoke from the BC fires near Kamloops our way. High temps are starting to come down but fire danger remains HIGH - please stay safe out there.
We like to get our smoke forecasting information from www.airnow.gov on the "Fires" and "Fire and Smoke map" tab
slowpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2021, 05:31 PM   #2

Trailer: Outback (by Trillium) 2004
Registry
Well....as sad as it is, it could be worse. You could be actually in the fire's path.

This heat wave is deadly. Stay safe!!
theresa p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2021, 07:11 AM   #3
Raz

Trailer: Trillium 2010
An annual event, what a shame. For years I headed west to explore. No itinerary, just a destination. The last 4 trips poor air quality determined where I went. On one trip I recall being in Montana just north of Yellowstone and turning around because it was hard to breath and see. Add to the smoke crowded campgrounds and reservation requirements, it has pretty much chilled my desire to go west. Frankly, if I had to live with the air I saw in Montana for any length of time, I'd leave.
Raz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2021, 09:21 AM   #4

Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raz View Post
An annual event, what a shame. For years I headed west to explore. No itinerary, just a destination. The last 4 trips poor air quality determined where I went. On one trip I recall being in Montana just north of Yellowstone and turning around because it was hard to breath and see. Add to the smoke crowded campgrounds and reservation requirements, it has pretty much chilled my desire to go west. Frankly, if I had to live with the air I saw in Montana for any length of time, I'd leave.
I think about it. My roots are here.

Last year I just up and left with the trailer and headed east. I ended up going from "extremely hazardous" air quality to merely "unhealthy". We shall see how this year goes. So far, it is windy today and a little bit hazy. Nothing terrible like last Sept. I'm about to go on a bike ride as it is ten degrees cooler today. Yesterday, we only got up to 105.
Old 07-02-2021, 09:39 AM   #5

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
We have smoke and we have fire. Village of Lytton totally destroyed; other towns threatened.
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...2021-1.6087311
Old 07-02-2021, 10:27 AM   #6

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Wrapping up our smoke season in Arizona and headed into monsoons. Went from 105 and smoky to 75 and overcast in two weeks. Storms are still spotty and several significant fires are still active but hopeful we dodged the big one this year. Had our first gully-washer yesterday.

Just hoping nobody does anything stupid this weekend. Prayers for those in the PNW and BC.
Jon in AZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2021, 11:04 AM   #7

Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Baglo View Post
We have smoke and we have fire. Village of Lytton totally destroyed; other towns threatened.
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...2021-1.6087311
I live where the Okanagan is the Okanogan. Smoke is waxing and waning as it is pretty windy here and the wind direction is varying a bit. I just went for a bike ride and was able to coast a bit going up hills with the tail wind helping.

Finally, as of yesterday, somebody got gutsy enough to ban fireworks so there is a bit of hope that nothing bad will start. Fingers are crossed.