Smoking in your car - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2013, 12:30 PM   #41

Name: RogerDat
Trailer: 2010 Scamp 16
Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Mac View Post
$10.00 a pack in Vancouver, BC.
I stopped going to Canada when it started requiring a passport. No more beer runs to brewers retail for moi!

Liked it just not worth the hassle. Also I once left some bullets in the camper, after getting back I just figured I had committed a major crime from bringing them in and not accounting for them. Had they been discovered at the border I would have been in big trouble.
Old 11-12-2013, 12:33 PM   #42

Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve dunham View Post
At every point in life someone or something will be telling you what to do or how to behave. It's your choice whether you listen and act on their requests or demands
One solid disqualifier is a desire for the job!
Old 11-12-2013, 01:21 PM   #43

Trailer:
Hey, look on the bright side - at least you're not talking about Queensland, Australia where, in addition to smoking with a minor in the car, it's illegal to hang your arm out the window when driving, or to allow your pet to put their nose out the window.

I've never been to Australia but I find it hard to reconcile my image of Ozzies being non-conformist with the fact that they seem to have a law for everything.
Old 11-12-2013, 02:06 PM   #44

Name: Shawn
Trailer: Boler
Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve dunham View Post
At every point in life someone or something will be telling you what to do or how to behave. It's your choice whether you listen and act on their requests or demands
Sorry but when it becomes a law it is not a choice. Would you have ever think that it would be a law that you had to buy something? Home of the free?
Old 11-12-2013, 04:11 PM   #45

Trailer: Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnKK View Post
Sorry but when it becomes a law it is not a choice. Would you have ever think that it would be a law that you had to buy something? Home of the free?
Well let's see "I have to buy auto insurance"(it's the law) or walk. I have to buy home fire insurance. I have to buy electricity ( I probably could get away without buying and not any), I have to pay property taxes (buying the privilege of living in a house).

If I didn't have any income I wouldn't have to buy anything.

The US has never been the home of the free, remember the draft? Had no choice military life for at least 2 years unless you were a draft dogger.

Get over it.
Old 11-12-2013, 04:27 PM   #46

Name: Steve
Trailer: 2018, 21ft escape— 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
NW Wisconsin
Choice

Quote:
Everything in life is a choice if your willing to pay the price for your decisions!
Many have payed the ultimate price with their lives when they chose to serve and defend their country others have paid fines or served prison time to stay true to their convictions . I don't know about you but I live in the " Land of the Free"
Old 11-12-2013, 04:47 PM   #47

Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
Norm I hope your arguments aren't what they appear to be. You're NOT really in favor of smoking in a small space with children present are you?

First I want to say thanks to everyone for the the really civil nature of this thread.

Second, Byron I am not in favor of smoking of any kind and certainly not near children or adults. My objection is to ineffectual laws that simply increase the cost of government. It bothers me that a drowning government, and most are, would spend time on this class of legislation.

As to NH and vehicle insurance, we do not require auto insurance if you can show the ability to be financially responsible.

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
Old 11-12-2013, 04:48 PM   #48

Trailer: Oliver
Registry
Quote:
Funny how so many people let the Government run their lives. Isn't the Government too big now? Be careful what you wish for people. I for one don't want the Government telling me what I can do or not do!
I agree that government is way too big, but with greater than 50% of the US population currently getting some kind of government check, it's a given that THEY will support whatever government is in place. They don't really care what the government tells them to do as long as they get their check. And that's a big voting block.
Old 11-12-2013, 04:51 PM   #49

Trailer: 2009 19 ft Escape / 2009 Honda Pilot
Registry
Land of the free.
Whether in the US or Canada, free refers to 'freedom', not getting everything for free. And, even though some of our freedoms are restricted, in the whole worldwide scope of things, we have it pretty darn good.

I too believe that the 'nanny state' we live under is often way too protective. Nonetheless it does help protect those that can't, or refuse to, protect themselves and others around them.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Old 11-12-2013, 05:18 PM   #50

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
Quote:
Originally Posted by honda03842 View Post
As to NH and vehicle insurance, we do not require auto insurance if you can show the ability to be financially responsible.
Given the size of jury awards in the U.S., I'm guessing that only Warren Buffet can demonstrate that ability.
Old 11-12-2013, 05:22 PM   #51

Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
Glenn, I was personally surprised by the requirements. It looks like the it's the ability to pay about $75,000, and I'm sure it doesn't mean cash on hand.

I admit I don't know anyone who has chosen this option.

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
Old 11-12-2013, 05:26 PM   #52

Trailer: 2009 19 ft Escape / 2009 Honda Pilot
Registry
Here in Alberta a lot of large companies are self-insured. Mostly big corporations with huge fleets, and huge amounts of cash behind them.

I can't imagine an individual qualifying. What would happen if they suffered a decision on the wrong end of a HUGE settlement for a catastrophic accident they caused. They would have to have access to potentially millions of dollars.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Old 11-12-2013, 05:32 PM   #53

Quote:
Glenn, I was personally surprised by the requirements. It looks like the it's the ability to pay about $75,000
Well, that takes care of one party's lawyer fees.<_<
Old 11-12-2013, 07:26 PM   #54

Registry
Quote:
Glenn, I was personally surprised by the requirements. It looks like the it's the ability to pay about $75,000, and I'm sure it doesn't mean cash on hand.

I admit I don't know anyone who has chosen this option.
Since insurance became mandatory in my state, the percentage of uninsured motorists has remained roughly the same with small fluctuations.
We have, as a result of this law, suffered the additional expense of underinsured motorist and higher rates in general... and the fine money does not go the victims in the event of an accident.
Prior to mandatory insurance a driver had the option of buying a simple general liability bond.(much cheaper)
Old 11-12-2013, 07:28 PM   #55

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Baglo View Post
it's still three times the amount required in many states for mandatory liability.
Old 11-12-2013, 07:33 PM   #56

I have $3,000,000 liability insurance on my car. Forget what I have on the trailer, but I think $2,000,000.
Old 11-12-2013, 08:07 PM   #57

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Baglo View Post
You may be overly optimistic, in particular if the case actually gets to a trial .
Old 11-13-2013, 07:55 AM   #58
Administrator

Name: Mary
Trailer: 2015 Escape 21; formerly Casita 1999 17 ft Liberty Deluxe
Registry
Thanks for playing, folks. Now that the tone of a couple of (now removed) posts has become insulting, this thread is closed.
Info on Adding Photos to a Post
RV Life Network FAQ
Closed Thread