Software for RVers - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-23-2019, 08:56 PM   #21

Name: Bill
Trailer: Casita
Alabama
Software, etc.

One thing I would like to find would be a "map app" that will accept parameters like "average speed" and then overlay radii arcs that will help you decide what kind of average you'd like to maintain and the map would then populate what's along the arc (let's say 30 minutes either side of the line) to give you target areas to stop. Say, for instance, that I'd like to maintain an hour-over-hour average speed of 45 mph including rest stops, refueling stops (both vehicle and human refueling). Then start a "you are here" point and extend it based on how many hours you are comfortable driving. So, if it's just me (for example) and I figure on a 45 mph average and want to do a 6 hour stint at the wheel, this would give me an "arc" along which I could find places to stay. In this case, the arc would be 270 miles and that could include places anywhere along the "6-hour-arc" for me to find overnight camping. All that might be great fun, as well -- allowing folk to share their experiences along the way. I've done it before (manually) and know it's hard work...so if Tech can make it faster, more convenient, and show options, that would be a useful app. Not at all sure how hard it would be -- completely over my head at that point!
livnaboard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 08:28 AM   #22

Name: Gordon
Trailer: 2015 Scamp (16 Std Layout 4) with '15 Toyota Sienna LE Tug
North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by livnaboard View Post
One thing I would like to find would be a "map app" that will accept parameters like "average speed" and then overlay radii arcs ..
Thats one of the two or three main ideas behind https://www.rvtripwizard.com/ I have a subscription and used it for last summer's trip plan. Not sure if I will renew as its best for someone who travels more than I will in 2019.
Attached Thumbnails
map.jpg  
gordon2 is offline   Reply With Quote