Source for CURRENT travel between states??? - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Old 05-06-2020, 03:22 PM   #21

Name: Henry
Trailer: BigFoot
Tennessee
Thank you for posting Lisle, very good information.
Old 05-06-2020, 09:50 PM   #22

Name: Jann
Trailer: Casita
Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raz View Post
Went shopping in New Hampshire today. Nothing going in. Crossing back into Vermont was one of those towable signs that said if you were staying in the state you need to self quarantine for 14 days. Not sure how they plan to enforce that but if they catch me when I go grocery shopping next week I'll let you know.
Sounds like you can go into and out of a state but can't stay.
Jann Todd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 09:53 PM   #23

Name: Jann
Trailer: Casita
Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfandrews View Post
It's Gallup, NM, on I-40. 20 mi. east of the AZ border, and 140 mi. west of Albuquerque. The area is home to many Navajo. Their nation is reportedly taking a big hit from the virus.
I know where it is at but some others must not know.
Jann Todd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 05:47 AM   #24

Name: mike
Trailer: CASITA
New York
what i worried is my NEW YORK plates . No one wants you ,once they know your from NY
NEWYORKHILLBILLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 06:33 AM   #25
Raz

Name: Raz
Trailer: Trillium 2010
Vermont
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jann Todd View Post
Sounds like you can go into and out of a state but can't stay.
Not in Vermont, unless you live here or can stay with someone who lives here. The governor closed every thing down 25 March.

"The Governor’s order also provides additional guidance to lodging providers to ensure compliance with the Stay Home, Stay Safe order, which suspended lodging operations.

The order makes clear that lodging facilities – which includes hotels, motels, bed and breakfasts, inns, short term rentals (e.g. VRBO, Homeaway, Airbnb, etc.), and all public and private camping facilities and RV parks – are to be closed except for stated exemptions when supporting the state’s COVID-19 response. Additionally, the Governor has suspended online lodging reservations."
Raz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 07:36 AM   #26

Name: Rick
Trailer: 1999 Bigfoot 21RB 2500
British Columbia
Registry
Wow, with the way it still is in the US like 25,000 new cases every day, and 2500 deaths. Why like most people just stay home. Even the annual BOCI Rally which was supposed to be held in September has been cancelled and hopefully will happen next year. You just never know from state to state even town to town and who knows if this Covid decides to take a u turn and start all over. Take a year off and stay home and be safe.
Rick M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 07:42 AM   #27

Name: Henry
Trailer: BigFoot
Tennessee
Ditto Rick
Old 05-07-2020, 08:26 AM   #28

Name: bob
Trailer: 1984 u-haul ct13; 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raz View Post
Not in Vermont, unless you live here or can stay with someone who lives here. The governor closed every thing down 25 March.

"The Governor’s order also provides additional guidance to lodging providers to ensure compliance with the Stay Home, Stay Safe order, which suspended lodging operations.

The order makes clear that lodging facilities – which includes hotels, motels, bed and breakfasts, inns, short term rentals (e.g. VRBO, Homeaway, Airbnb, etc.), and all public and private camping facilities and RV parks – are to be closed except for stated exemptions when supporting the state’s COVID-19 response. Additionally, the Governor has suspended online lodging reservations."
Raz; do you know how long this rule is in effect? We have reservations at a private campground in Vermont for a weekend in June. Most likely we will cancel, but the campground owner has said nothing about mandated closure. Seems like they are waiting to see what happens.
mary and bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 08:31 AM   #29

Name: bob
Trailer: 1984 u-haul ct13; 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWYORKHILLBILLY View Post
what i worried is my NEW YORK plates . No one wants you ,once they know your from NY
We live in NY, 15 minutes from the Massachusetts border. Yesterday we drove into MA to shop, no signs at the border going or coming. Saw other cars with NY plates. Limited supplies in the two stores we went to. Face masks required. Got what we could, and immediately returned home to NY.
mary and bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 09:35 AM   #30
Raz

Name: Raz
Trailer: Trillium 2010
Vermont
Quote:
Originally Posted by mary and bob View Post
Raz; do you know how long this rule is in effect? We have reservations at a private campground in Vermont for a weekend in June. Most likely we will cancel, but the campground owner has said nothing about mandated closure. Seems like they are waiting to see what happens.
No time table as far as I know. People seem to be following the rules and the new cases are diminishing. The state government is starting to slowly open things up. Last week landscaping and tree service businesses were allowed to open. Yesterday the governor opened up some recreation; bike trails, hiking trails, golf courses and the businesses who support those activities. That said, I doubt campgrounds will open anytime soon with the 14 day quarantine rules in effect. If I hear of any changes I'll send you a note.
Raz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 12:29 PM   #31

Name: Tom
Trailer: BigFoot 25B25RT
Massachusetts
Quote:
Massachusetts is not much better on that score.
ThomasC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 03:08 PM   #32

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2017 Escape 21
Oswego, NY
Registry
Smile

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasC View Post
Massachusetts is not much better on that score.
In late March when they closed down the TN campgrounds & I headed home, I got lots of nasty looks at campgrounds in TN & PA until I told folks I was on my way back to NY.
Jon Vermilye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 03:23 PM   #33

Name: Lisle
Trailer: 2018 Casita Spirit Deiuxe
Massachusetts
Registry
Smile

I was in So Calif when the lockdown started. Since I'm full time, I AM staying at home wherever my camper is parked. Fortunately have a cousin out here who let me camp in her driveway for 6 weeks. Pretty crowded but we've maintained our 6' of distance. Since it's clear things aren't going to open up much for some while now, and it's now getting up in the high 90's every day in this driveway with no shade, I'm heading back towards New England where I have more driveways to choose from.

So I'll be going north and then east mostly on I-70. Will keep posting on this forum as I go. Looking at the websites for various states, even southeastern Utah (Moab area) which locked down early is saying that if you need to stop at an RV campground because you are too tired to drive further, it's OK. Surprised VT has shut down all lodging. Of course, most VT parks are closed from Nov 1 to May 1, so they are probably empty now and the gov. wants to keep them that way.
Lisle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 03:30 PM   #34

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2017 Escape 21
Oswego, NY
Registry
They canceled the Spring Fling rally in New Hampshire since the campground (and, apparently, all private campgrounds) is closed to out-of-state visitors.
Jon Vermilye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2020, 07:42 PM   #35

Trailer: Casita 16 ft
Texas
Louisiana to Texas travel

Looks like you can travel from Louisiana to Texas now. Those folks celebrating Mardi Gras should have been a little more sanitary. That would have taken the fun out of it.

www.dps.texas.gov › covidtravel

For awhile they were stopping cars at the LA state line and make you promise to quarantine yourself. A DPS official was supposed to visit you at your home and make sure you were complying. If your home was California I doubt anyone would have bothered you.

I think it was unnecessary to close the campgrounds. If you are closer than 6 feet to the next camper I wouldn't like that under normal conditions.
Friz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2020, 05:54 PM   #36

Name: Bryan
Trailer: Casita "Cozy-Casa"
Central Virginia
Here is one of the few sources I have found - https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...ronavirus.html - seems to be most states are relaxing restrictions by the end of this month and travel can continue with social distance, masks, sanitizer, etc... This is very encouraging as we are really looking forward to going to some rallies this year and camping in general. The next rally we are reserved for is the 4 B's in Illinois the first weekend in June. My plan is to drive straight there on 6/1 as restrictions will be lifting by the first of the month. We also have several in September/October/November already reserved....
Old 05-12-2020, 07:13 PM   #37

Name: Floyd
Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
IllAnnoy
Registry
Does this help?
Its really not right on target but...

https://www.aarp.org/politics-societ...trictions.html
floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2020, 07:41 PM   #38

Name: Gordon
Trailer: 2015 Scamp (16 Std Layout 4) with '15 Toyota Sienna LE Tug
North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsedwebt View Post
Does anybody have a source for the CURRENT travel situations for each state in the USA? I am wondering now that each state is starting to open up again what rules do travelers need to follow? Is travel allowed? Is a 14 days self quarantine in order? Can a traveler pass through a state and only stop for gas? Etc.... Thanks all!
Did you happen to listen to the Senate hearing today, with Dr. Fauci (and others)? The travel restrictions are established by "the Government." I put little faith in Government's evaluation of the risks, and in turn their restrictions, or lack of restrictions, or even the prudent cautions that the Government might suggest. Please don't make your plans based ONLY on what the Government will allow or not allow. Use your critical thinking skills based on the science.
gordon2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 08:43 AM   #39

Name: Terry
Trailer: 1996 Casita Freedom Deluxe 17 ft
Colorado
Last week, my wife and I took the Casita out to a state wildlife area called Hale Ponds near the Colorado/Kansas border. There was an old notice on the sign about camping being closed. We knew the governor had recently changed the rules so we figured we'd stay until told otherwise. The gates were open and the pit toilets were unlocked. We were able to spend a couple nights with no problems. One night we were the only ones there. The next day, one RV showed up.

As for gas and restaurants, everything was available except you had to take your food to go. All the seats were taped off at the restaurants we visited. The further you get from Denver, the less likely you are to see people wearing masks. They are definitely required in the city.
Terry G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 10:55 AM   #40

Name: Ed
Trailer: 1982 Fiber Stream and 2002 Casita Freedom Deluxe,The driveway is a Dark & Lonely Place now!
Missouri
They are required here too but that sure does not mean they are being worn.
Ed Harris is offline   Reply With Quote