Source for CURRENT travel between states??? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-05-2020, 10:39 AM   #1

Name: Bryan
Trailer: Casita "Cozy-Casa"
Central Virginia
Source for CURRENT travel between states???

Does anybody have a source for the CURRENT travel situations for each state in the USA? I am wondering now that each state is starting to open up again what rules do travelers need to follow? Is travel allowed? Is a 14 days self quarantine in order? Can a traveler pass through a state and only stop for gas? Etc.... Thanks all!
Old 05-05-2020, 02:02 PM   #2

Trailer: 1982 Fiber Stream and 2001 Casita Spirit Deluxe (I'm down to 2!)
This is the U.S.A I am pretty sure that you can travel anywhere you want to except into Nursing Homes and Hospitals.
Parks and Public spaces might be closed but it depends on each local or state situation at the time that you check,so check.

Just use common sense and more caution than is obvious,wear a mask around other people and Stop touching your face!

Call ahead for openings and reservations obviously.
Ed Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 02:27 PM   #3

Name: Alexander
Trailer: 1979 Boler B1300
New Hampshire
Massachusetts and New Hampshire are asking anyone coming from out of state to self-quarantine for 14 days. It is not a law but a request.
Alex Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 03:31 PM   #4

Name: bob
Trailer: 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
Heard today that both Vermont and New Hampshire only allow seasonal campers in the campgrounds. Some campgrounds in Maine are doing that also, just allowing seasonal campers for this year. Vermont may be requiring a 2 week quarantine after arriving. NY is not taking new reservations. and those for May in State Parks have been cancelled. It appears that most states are watching how it goes and changing the rules as things develop. Some of the rules can be difficult to interpret. We have reservations in VT, Maine, NY, and CT over the next three months. For our Maine SP reservations in August they said call back in late July. Edited to read NY SP reservations for May have been cancelled.
mary and bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 04:08 PM   #5

Name: Jon
Trailer: Escape 21C
New York
Registry
I don't have a source for the rapidly changing state access rules (Such as the weekend closing of Gallup, NM), but I've found Campendium website to have the most up-to-date information of campgrounds, both commercial & public.
Jon Vermilye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 05:03 PM   #6

Trailer: 13 ft Scamp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Vermilye View Post
I don't have a source for the rapidly changing state access rules (Such as the weekend closing of Gallup, NM), but I've found Campendium website to have the most up-to-date information of campgrounds, both commercial & public.

Just talked to my sister in Florida
And she said everyone was being stopped ( regardless of plates)
Didn’t say if folks were being turned around
alan H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 05:23 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by alan H View Post
Just talked to my sister in Florida
And she said everyone was being stopped ( regardless of plates)
Didn’t say if folks were being turned around

Stopped where and going where?

I have talked to several going in and out if Florida just like normal?
Old 05-05-2020, 06:50 PM   #8

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
What is a "seasonal camper"?
Old 05-05-2020, 06:56 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Baglo View Post
What is a "seasonal camper"?
I think they are ones that stay for the entire season.
Old 05-06-2020, 09:36 AM   #10

Name: William
Trailer: 13' Perris Pacer
California
I understand Hawaii is maintaining a 2500 mile wide moat on their border with California.
mchalewj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 09:44 AM   #11

Name: Henry
Trailer: BigFoot
Tennessee
I read that all roads into Gallup, AZ are closed to all travel due to CV19.

I saw a hand painted road sign posted on the internet which asked that people not stop in their little rural town for anything, and to just drive on, I don't recall the town or state: I tried to go back later and find the picture the sign, but could not.

I just noted this morning on the internet that rural areas are now starting to see relatively big increases in CV19 cases, so don't be surprised if you get a very negative response when going though small communities.
Old 05-06-2020, 10:47 AM   #12

Name: marty
Trailer: Scamp
New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Harris View Post
This is the U.S.A I am pretty sure that you can travel anywhere you want to except into Nursing Homes and Hospitals.
Parks and Public spaces might be closed but it depends on each local or state situation at the time that you check,so check.

Just use common sense and more caution than is obvious,wear a mask around other people and Stop touching your face!

Call ahead for openings and reservations obviously.
As far as I know is Ohio and Canada are the same, 14 day
kayaker51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 11:34 AM   #13

Name: Don
Trailer: 2015 Escape 17A
California
Regarding stops on the road: fuel is available, especially at the truck stop type stations.
Food is NOT available at those stops, or can be in short supply, so: Take your own food, and leave what's available for the Truckers.
RLTW - LRRA2015
dfandrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 12:47 PM   #14

Name: Jann
Trailer: Casita
Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rzrbrn View Post
I read that all roads into Gallup, AZ are closed to all travel due to CV19.

I saw a hand painted road sign posted on the internet which asked that people not stop in their little rural town for anything, and to just drive on, I don't recall the town or state: I tried to go back later and find the picture the sign, but could not.

I just noted this morning on the internet that rural areas are now starting to see relatively big increases in CV19 cases, so don't be surprised if you get a very negative response when going though small communities.
Do you mean Gallup, NM or someplace in AZ? To my knowledge there is not a Gallup, AZ.
Jann Todd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 12:54 PM   #15

Name: Jann
Trailer: Casita
Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayaker51 View Post
As far as I know is Ohio and Canada are the same, 14 day
Non essential travel to Canada is not allowed. Only things like workers such as nurses that go to both countries and trucks with supplies are allowed. Some places like near Detroit where a nurse might live in one country and work in both are being forced to choose one or the other. I just googled this. Canada will be closed until late May at least or longer.
Jann Todd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 01:41 PM   #16
Raz

Trailer: Trillium 2010
Went shopping in New Hampshire today. Nothing going in. Crossing back into Vermont was one of those towable signs that said if you were staying in the state you need to self quarantine for 14 days. Not sure how they plan to enforce that but if they catch me when I go grocery shopping next week I'll let you know.
Raz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 02:42 PM   #17

Name: Don
Trailer: 2015 Escape 17A
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jann Todd View Post
Do you mean Gallup, NM or someplace in AZ? To my knowledge there is not a Gallup, AZ.

It's Gallup, NM, on I-40. 20 mi. east of the AZ border, and 140 mi. west of Albuquerque. The area is home to many Navajo. Their nation is reportedly taking a big hit from the virus.
RLTW - LRRA2015
dfandrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 02:49 PM   #18

Name: Henry
Trailer: BigFoot
Tennessee
Sorry, yes Gallup, NM. Sorry.
Old 05-06-2020, 03:20 PM   #19

Name: Lisle
Trailer: 2018 Casita Spirit Deiuxe
Massachusetts
Registry
Been stuck in So Cal for 5 weeks on a relative's land, waiting to see what happens. Doesn't look like parks will be open for camping any time soon. Did some Googling and found out Kansas state parks are open for camping, but bath/shower rooms are closed. CA and UT parks seem to be fully closed, except UT parks are open only to people who live in the same county. Most Midwestern states seem to have state parks open for day use only, and few facilities. All the private campgrounds I called across CA, NV, CO were open with careful social distancing -- probably best to call and make reservations over the phone with a credit card. Everything is definitely changing all the time -- you really do need to search websites one by one, and call ahead. I do think everyone will be as kind to travelers as they know how to be, especially if you are too tired to drive and need to stop in a rest area, etc. Not a good time for a fun vacation, though.
Lisle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 03:21 PM   #20

Name: Lisle
Trailer: 2018 Casita Spirit Deiuxe
Massachusetts
Registry
Oh, and I did call New York State's COVID hotline -- they will not stop you at the border or require you quarantine. They may recommend it. Best to follow social distancing guidelines and keep everybody safe.
Lisle is offline   Reply With Quote