South Carolina, Georgia coast camping recommendations? - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-12-2014, 07:20 AM   #21

Name: bob
Trailer: 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
We've been to Rivers End a few times, only for it's convenience to Savannah. It does have cable TV. Otherwise in my opinion it's kind of a hodge podge of a campground, some halfway decent sites, some real close, and some right along the street. Short walk to the beach and lighthouse. Let us know what you think Ben.
mary and bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 06:05 AM   #22

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Quote:
Originally Posted by theresa p View Post
At Myrtle Beach State Park the TV reception isn't a big deal for us, Bob, as we don't have a television. The beach is gorgeous. As to the "disney" atmosphere, alot of that kitschiness has diminished with the removal of the (main) beach amusement park. We just like the park itself.

The Charleston area is very nice but we did enjoy the smaller town of Beaufort more.
Hi: theresa p...We found Myrtle Beach St. Pk. an oasis of green between the condo's along the beach. Downtown was a bit "Disneysque", but we really enjoyed the state park. We've stayed there 3 times now. Last time there we found some fiberglass forum friends to have a game of cards with!!!
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Attached Thumbnails
P1030266.jpg   P1030267.jpg  

P1030273.jpg  
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 06:20 AM   #23

Trailer: Eggcamper 17 ft Electric
Registry
Hey Alf,
That looks like my old EggCamper and Bill's Casita in the background of the second photo. Do you remember playing Hand & Foot with us?

I like Myrtle Beach SP. It has a wonderful beach. It can be a bit noisy though when the Air National Guard is practicing "touch and goes" at the nearby airport. Huntington Beach SP, about 15 miles south of Myrtle is also very nice, but can be difficult to get in.

James Island, near Charleston, SC, is a county park, very nice. Oops, Norm, I see you've mentioned that one while I was editing.

Skidaway Island State Park near Savannah is nice. They have septic at many of the sites and Georgia grants senior discounts to out of staters.

Ron
Ron F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 06:20 AM   #24

Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
Tab,

It sounds as though you've decided on New Orleans, certainly a fine place to visit. My choice would be Charleston, my favorite walk around city. If you go there in the Nov. to Dec. time frame the James Island light display is worth the trip.

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
honda03842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 07:09 AM   #25

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron F View Post
Hey Alf,
That looks like my old EggCamper and Bill's Casita in the background of the second photo. Do you remember playing Hand & Foot with us?

I like Myrtle Beach SP. It has a wonderful beach. It can be a bit noisy though when the Air National Guard is practicing "touch and goes" at the nearby airport. Huntington Beach SP, about 15 miles south of Myrtle is also very nice, but can be difficult to get in.

James Island, near Charleston, SC, is a county park, very nice. Oops, Norm, I see you've mentioned that one while I was editing.

Skidaway Island State Park near Savannah is nice. They have septic at many of the sites and Georgia grants senior discounts to out of staters.

Ron
Hi: Ron F... Sure do remember "Hand and foot". I'm still sorry about ruining your dinner giving you the grand tour of our 5.0. Hope the pizza was ok? LoL
At least the airport suspends flights at night!!!
Here's a pic of the new 5.0TA
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Attached Thumbnails
P1030738.jpg  
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
eco