Spring Comes Early to the Black Hills - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-12-2012, 08:32 AM   #1

Trailer: Bigfoot 21.5 ft (25B21RB)
Spring Comes Early to the Black Hills

Nancy has taken one last transfer with the National Park Service, this time to northeast Wyoming. We have been shuttling our stuff from Colorado for several months now. We bought a house with a great view, but on a gravel road so steep that I really didn't know if the truck would pull the Bigfoot up here. With snow on the road, I didn't even try. But we are now having record-breaking high temps in the Black Hills and the snow and ice went fast. I pulled the trailer up to the new house for the first time yesterday. The campgrounds are mostly all still closed for the winter and the National Forest roads are a nasty snow and mud combo. We will be ready to get on the road again as soon as practical. This time of year we expect winter will make a couple of more runs at us, but spring will not be denied.

We hope to see lots of fiberglass in the Black Hills this year. Lots of great things to see in this area.
David and Nancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 11:23 AM   #2

Name: Tyler
Trailer: 72 Cloud
Wisconsin
Registry
I'll be there in June. The kids can't wait.
EddyEd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 02:09 PM   #3

Trailer: 2008 20 ft Flagstaff Pop-Up (206ST) / 2005 Sienna
We'll be there in June too! My folks live outside of Sundance, WY.
Old 03-12-2012, 03:26 PM   #4

Trailer: 1986 U-Haul CT13 ft
Late May or early June at Bismarck Lake. And lots of dusk and dawn cruising around the Wildlife Loop in Custer SP, to spot the newborns nursing!
jack maloney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 09:09 PM   #5

Trailer: Cardinal (Restoring)
Cant wait to retire. Black Hills and Custer Park are on the top of my bucket list. Want to connect with my Lakota Sioux roots and visit family in S & N Dakota. Beware, you will most definetly have more snow coming your way. Does Nancy read the Anna Pidgeon books?
RRIZZO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 09:13 AM   #6

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe 2007
Went to SD and Wyoming last year, the first part of June. I want to go again already. Loved it.
Terry R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 10:07 AM   #7

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT
Registry
We will be there the first week of May with our Uhaul. We are volunteering on Pine Ridge for the week and will spend the weekend visiting Crazy Horse and/or Mt. Rushmore. Kevin had to use up his vacation, and we were not able to volunteer last year, due to his job change.

CindyL
CindyL is online now   Reply With Quote