Spring Fever - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-06-2006, 12:47 PM   #1

Trailer: Scamp
Registry
Spring Fever is really hitting me. The daffodils are blooming, the flowering plumb trees are out in full bloom. Can spring be far behind.
I got out Saturday and washed the Mountain Egg, fixed a binding rear landing gear, sanitized the fresh water tank, and polished the front window. Now I'm all set to go go go go...... Thinking about heading out this coming Friday for the upper Columbia River Gorge.

I think the only cure for Spring Fever is to go camping.
Old 03-06-2006, 12:52 PM   #2

Trailer: 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel Dlx / 2001 Ford Ranger 4x4
I know what ya mean. I am anxious to take my maiden voyage with my 16... It was nice here yesterday but this a.m... windy, rainy and just plain awful.. I guess ole man winter hasnt left yet...!!
Christi V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 01:31 PM   #3

Trailer: 1985 17 ft Burro
It's snowing here today.....aaaaarrrrrrgh!
D Shubel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 02:06 PM   #4

Trailer: 2002 Casita Freedom Deluxe / 2007 Nissan Frontier King Cab
We took trips in October, November, December, and January.

Only some other obligations kept us from making trips with our Casita in February. We've got trips planned for March, April, May, June, July, and August. Will we take one in September? You bet! We just haven't planned it, yet. And every month that I can finagle some days off from work (fortunately, I get four weeks vacation a year).
BOBSMITH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 05:41 PM   #5

Trailer: Casita 17 ft 2004
The Brown Egg is almost ready for the trip from Georgia to Sheridan, AR. I will be leaving the 18th. I am so excited.

I am thinking about trying Mississippi Hwy 6, from Tupelo toward Arkansas. Has anyone traved this path?
Susan Tiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 09:01 PM   #6

Trailer: Boler 17 ft
The tulips are up, snowdrops are blooming... time to avoid yardwork by going camping!
CharlynnT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 09:33 AM   #7

Trailer: 2003 Casita Spirit Deluxe 16 ft (Eggs-Car-Go with Mack the tug)
Quote:
The tulips are up, snowdrops are blooming... time to avoid yardwork by going camping![
Still cold here in NE Ohio, I have been in the sugarbush for 2 wks now but very little has happened only a couple small runs. Just reaching low 30s. Big warm up starting tomorrow so we will be busy the rest of the week. It looks like a big warmup and may be the last run. With the warm Jan we had the buds will move fast . For us when the sugaring is over spring has arrived and it is time to plow.
Edward Shook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 11:48 PM   #8

Trailer: Casita Deluxe
Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa F
Quote:
Still cold here in NE Ohio, I have been in the sugarbush for 2 wks now but very little has happened only a couple small runs. Just reaching low 30s. Big warm up starting tomorrow so we will be busy the rest of the week. It looks like a big warmup and may be the last run. With the warm Jan we had the buds will move fast . For us when the sugaring is over spring has arrived and it is time to plow.
Where in NE Ohio do you live? My parents are in Concord and I have relatives in Mentor, Willowick, etc.

I don't see too many campers out their way. My poor parents were trying to help me find a 13' camper, but kept spotting horse trailers
Attached Images

Lisa F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 01:39 PM   #9

Name: Dave & Kathie
Trailer: 2013 Escape 21
Oregon
Registry
It's coming folks - just hang in there! We went for a shake down run to Champoeg State Park (40 miles south of Portland on the Willammette River) last weekend. Since we are still fairly new at this we wanted to see what we remembered and what we forgot before we get too far from home. Lucked out, after showers Friday night, Saturday was beautiful, upper 50's, few clouds blowing by. Barbcue'd some ribs, went for 2 bike rides (saw a bluebird) and visited the historic log cabin where they were making sourdough bread and churning butter -had samples of course! Really helped our Spring fever! Ready to roll and can't wait for the next trip (even if it is snowing today! )

Dave and Kathie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 10:42 AM   #10

Trailer: 1999 Casita 16 ft Spirit Deluxe
Last night, I-70 was closed, as hail storms and tornados ripped across Missouri, I was thinking that anyplace would be better than here.
Craig Nold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 11:50 AM   #11

Trailer: 1977 Scamp 13 ft
Send a message via Yahoo to Jackie
Spring at Crater Lake, Oregon - must be spring, 'cause the road was plowed and we could get to the rim!

Those coming to Bullards Beach in July - there probabaly won't be snow up on Crater Lake, but you can't miss seeing it!
Attached Thumbnails
me.crater.lake.ski.jpg   crater.lake.1.jpg  

crater.lake.2.jpg  
Jackie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 11:24 AM   #12

Registry
We got a bit of a fix. Went to the mouth of the Deshutes River for two nights. I think I should rename the campground to "Goose Poop Flats". There must have been 200 geese there. The weather was a bit cool and rained both nights. Misty Saturday morning, sunny Sunday morning. We a short walk in Saturday afternoon. At least we were out someplace.
Old 03-14-2006, 11:35 AM   #13

Week after next we leave for eight days at Juniper Springs Campground in the Ocala National Forest in Florida.

Then, four days after returning from that trip, we leave for four days in the Cataloochee Campground in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park.

Then, about three weeks later it's off to Hilton Head for four days.

Then, shortly after that, it's off for four days to Cashiers, NC.

Then, shortly after that, it's off to Beartree Recreation Area near Mount Rogers in Virginia for five days.

Then, after that...well, let's just say we're going to keep the Casita very busy this year.
Old 03-15-2006, 05:49 PM   #14

Trailer: Y2K6 Bigfoot 25 ft (25B25RQ) & Y2K3 Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
Hey... is anyone else supposed to have "Thundersnow" tonight? We're s'posed to have it after midnight with 3"-5" of snow in the next 24 hours! Spring has sprung, alrighty!

Roger
Roger H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 06:15 PM   #15

I think the mountains west of here may get some snow within the next week or so. Nothing like that here, though.

I spent part of yesterday getting my Casita ready. Washed it really good. Opened windows and aired it out with the fantastic fan. We can barely wait!!!
Old 03-15-2006, 06:23 PM   #16

Registry
Quote:
Hey... is anyone else supposed to have "Thundersnow" tonight? We're s'posed to have it after midnight with 3"-5" of snow in the next 24 hours! Spring has sprung, alrighty!

Roger

There was supposed to be some "Thundersnow" in eastern Oregon last night or today. Don't get that here in Western Oregon.