Spring Reno time - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-13-2011, 02:03 PM   #1

Name: Alison
Trailer: 1974 Aer-flo 14R
Nova Scotia
Registry
Smile Spring Reno time

Just dropped my 74 Aer-Flo off at the Trailer service station. We did well for a few extra touches that were needed. A brand new custom made retro material canopy is being made for $200 and installed. A 4 pack of jacks for $72 and two wheel chucks for $3.49 each. A brand new rim and wheel $100 was also purchased and will be placed on with the wheel we purchased last year. New tail light bulbs and lock on door will be adjusted better. Paint was purchased for touch up. The cushions are being upholstered for $200 also. Pictures to follow.
Alison Cape Breton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 02:26 PM   #2

Trailer: U-Haul 16 ft Vacationer
Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin A
We have started getting our 1986 UHaul VT in shape for the season, too. I took it down off of the winter jacks and uncovered it about 2 weeks ago. Last Saturday and Sunday, it got a good scrubbing on the outside and I applied a couple coats of Red Max sealant to bring back the shine. I also tried out the new spare tire cover but will leave it off until we start camping in May. It's too nice to leave on all the time in crummy weather. I also am replacing the small GE 2.5 cubic foot fridge with a new model (the door kept falling off!). I'm also getting an external tank and water pump set up for when we are in dry campgrounds. This will give us water pressure for the hot water heater and faucets. Finally, I'm fixing the surge brakes with a new hose from UHaul. Then I'll adjust the brakes and off we go to Prophetstown State Park in Indiana the weekend of May 13-15.
Kevin A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 02:58 PM   #3

Name: Alison
Trailer: 1974 Aer-flo 14R
Nova Scotia
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin A View Post
We have started getting our 1986 UHaul VT in shape for the season, too. I took it down off of the winter jacks and uncovered it about 2 weeks ago. Last Saturday and Sunday, it got a good scrubbing on the outside and I applied a couple coats of Red Max sealant to bring back the shine. I also tried out the new spare tire cover but will leave it off until we start camping in May. It's too nice to leave on all the time in crummy weather. I also am replacing the small GE 2.5 cubic foot fridge with a new model (the door kept falling off!). I'm also getting an external tank and water pump set up for when we are in dry campgrounds. This will give us water pressure for the hot water heater and faucets. Finally, I'm fixing the surge brakes with a new hose from UHaul. Then I'll adjust the brakes and off we go to Prophetstown State Park in Indiana the weekend of May 13-15.
Hi Kevin, I see you are busy also getting ready. I can't wait. This is the time to do the reno while the weather is crummy. If we lived closer I would visit the parks there. Maybe some day we will do a US visit.
Alison Cape Breton is offline   Reply With Quote