State Park Camping Fees - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-03-2016, 11:32 AM   #21

Name: Jon
Trailer: Escape 21C
New York
Registry
I think New Mexico has some of the best rates - $8.00 - $10.00 for dry camping & $14.00 - $18.00 for hookups. $4.00 - $8.00 for hookups with the Annual Pass ($225.00 for non residents).

They also don't charge an entry fee when camping.
Jon Vermilye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 11:35 AM   #22

Name: Patrick
Trailer: Shopping for new RV
North Carolina
Raz, Try this website for more info: campadk.com. It covers most New York State Parks in and around the north country Adirondacks.

For fantastic discounts at federal recreation facilities (National Parks), if you are 62 or older check into a "Senior Pass".
A very low ($10 if memory serves) one time lifetime fee gets you amazing camping discounts plus free entry to any park service facility. The free entry applies to senior driver and the passengers of his vehicle upon entry to park. GREAT VALUE !!
Available by mail or at any National Park.
Uplander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 11:53 AM   #23

Name: Chris
Trailer: Trillium
British Columbia
Come to British Columbia where for the most part fees are reasonable..

There are over 1,000 Protected Areas in the BC Parks system, 340 Campgrounds with a total of 11,075 campsites and 2767km of hiking trails.. Only a couple of campgrounds with electricity and most have central sani-stations and potable water.. But the locations are grand..

Here is a link to everything you need to know about where they are and how to get there.. BC Parks - Province of British Columbia

And Wikipedia has a map showing where they are too.. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ovincial_Parks

And for all of you in BC and Canada - "Staycations" are the rage and for our southern friends your $$'s go sooo much further up here ;-)

Hope to see you on in a BC Park this year.. ;-)
Old 03-03-2016, 11:57 AM   #24

Name: Larry
Trailer: Escape
Oregon
Camping in the West is much cheaper than East of the Rocky Mountain Staes, if you go to BLM, NF, or COE camp grounds it generally less than $20 per night and half that if you have the senior card. You have to put up without hookups but that is why most of use buy self contained trailers. Almost all of these campgrounds have toilets and a water source, from primitive to modern. We have stayed in some very nice campgrounds that the water source was compromised for as low a $2.50 a night. Most of the Federal camp grounds we camp at cost $5-8 dollars a night. You can also boondock on most federal land if you know where to go for free. Camping can be very inexpensive in the West if you learn how and where and are willing to compromise with the facilities available.
larryf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 02:51 PM   #25

Name: kacey
Trailer: Former scamp owner
Wisconsin
State parks

We have been on the road since new years and camped mostly in state parks for the beauty and economy
Tennessee is favorite ( with geezer pass under $15) and texas next, costlier but the yearly pass givs free daily admission and four nites at half price
Louisiana and mississipp were also quite reasonable
cchandka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 03:59 PM   #26

Name: Doug
Trailer: Scamp 16 ft.
Missouri
Whatever the case, if anyone is 62 and older, a national park pass can be purchased for a one time fee of $10.00. Gets you a discount at all national parks all over the country!
Flyboyscamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 02:12 AM   #27

Name: Lynn
Trailer: Casita Spirit 16'
Indiana
In Indiana, you can go to any public library and get a pass to enter any state park or forest for free. Then your campground pass gets u in and out. I paid $23/nignt for electric spot in Brown Co State Park last Oct.
Old 03-05-2016, 06:20 AM   #28

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
I'm a proud Oregonian. Years ago, when we first started the lottery in our state, citizens decided how the income was going to be spent. We voted to support our State Parks! We have some of the very best state parks in the nation and very reasonable costs. There are NO out of state residence fees either. I encourage everyone to come camp in Oregon and gamble like crazy!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 06:36 AM   #29

Name: Carl
Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA
Florida
Registry
In Florida, residents 65 and over get a 50% reduction on camping fees in the state parks. I just paid $12.50 a night for 13 days next February (Scamp Camp). Good bargain! But when traveling, my preference is to state parks (except in Georgia, which requires a 2 night stay, presumably because Reserve America gets the first night fee, and Georgia's ridiculous reservation policy, where you are not assigned or cannot request a campsite. It's first come, first served. Even with a reservation, upon arrival you must search and find an unoccupied site.

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV
Old 03-05-2016, 06:58 AM   #30

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPW View Post
In Florida, residents 65 and over get a 50% reduction on camping fees in the state parks. I just paid $12.50 a night for 13 days next February (Scamp Camp). Good bargain! But when traveling, my preference is to state parks (except in Georgia, which requires a 2 night stay, presumably because Reserve America gets the first night fee, and Georgia's ridiculous reservation policy, where you are not assigned or cannot request a campsite. It's first come, first served. Even with a reservation, upon arrival you must search and find an unoccupied site.

Hi: CPW... We thought Alabama st. pk's would be the same as Georgia's. We were assigned a site but not notified which one till we arrived. Not a bad one!!! #1 is best to be. Right across the street from the washrooms turned Tornado shelter. WHEW!!!
Everyone in or out of Gulf St. Pk. had to view our "Escape Hatch II". We were so busy showing it!!!
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 10:11 AM   #31

Florida
Registry
Hi Alf.....
I have found Alabama's state parks superior to Georgia's, as are Tennessee's and Kentucky's. That is, of course, MY opinion.

Old 03-05-2016, 10:21 AM   #32

Name: Steve
Trailer: 2018, 21ft escape— 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
NW Wisconsin
Quote:
Hi Alf.....
I have found Alabama's state parks superior to Georgia's, as are Tennessee's and Kentucky's. That is, of course, MY opinion.

We found Georgia's State Parks to be some of the best .
We stayed at several Alabama State Park and were greatly disappointed
The shower facilities were in very poor condition , the toilets were non functional and the sewer backed up on our site .One good thing Alabama refunded our money but refused to apologize for the retched conditions.
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 04:46 PM   #33

Name: Mike
Trailer: 2012 Escape 19
Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
I encourage everyone to come camp in Oregon and gamble like crazy!
Obtaining a good campsite in Oregon must be a gamble! Just kidding. I'd love to get out to OR and enjoy the state parks along the coast, but it's so doggone far away. Oregon should move...
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 07:39 PM   #34

Name: Gilda
Trailer: 2011 Scamp 13'
California
Registry
OK, as a native Californian, I have to put in a plug for California and it's State Parks. This website shows that there is wide variation of fees depending on whether it is a rustic, walk-in campground or one that is on the beach or if you rent a cabin. Those 62 and older get a $2 discount, not great, but something. Camping Fees

Here's a list of the Top 10 National Parks in California Top 10 national parks in California | Travel | The Guardian. I've been to all of them and they are each uniquely spectacular! There are many more National Parks and National Monuments here.

California is an incredibly diverse state from deserts to mountains to beaches, we have it all! Allow me to welcome you to California!

1. Death Valley, NP
2. Yosemite, NP
3. Point Reyes, NP (I live nearby!)
4. Joshua Tree, NP
5. Lassen Volcanic, NP
6. Sequoia and Kings Canyon, NP
7. Pinnacles, NP
8. Devil's Postpile, N Monument
9. King's Range National Conservation Area (Lost Coast)
10. Redwood National and State Parks
Gilda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 07:42 PM   #35

Florida
Registry
State Park Camping Fees

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve dunham View Post
We found Georgia's State Parks to be some of the best .
We stayed at several Alabama State Park and were greatly disappointed
The shower facilities were in very poor condition , the toilets were non functional and the sewer backed up on our site .One good thing Alabama refunded our money but refused to apologize for the retched conditions.

As Donna would say, YMMV. It would seem your mileage varies from mine. Other than the Georgia Veterans Memorial SP and a couple in Northern Georgia, I have not found a single Georgia SP that were superior to any of those I have spent time in while in Alabama, though I would admit to having experience with only 3 or 4 of Alabama's SPs. I do not normally camp in Alabama. My son lives near Huntsville and when in Alabama, I am typically at his house. I would ask you to specify as to which Alabama State Park you are referring.
And I still think Georgia's handling of reservations is so absolutely ridiculous I will no longer even consider staying in Georgia's SPs; I would rather Kamp On Asphalt while in Georgia. And I have seen some pretty ratty showers (bath houses) at some of the SPs in Georgia.

Old 03-05-2016, 08:23 PM   #36

Name: Steve
Trailer: 2018, 21ft escape— 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
NW Wisconsin
Quote:
As Donna would say, YMMV. It would seem your mileage varies from mine. Other than the Georgia Veterans Memorial SP and a couple in Northern Georgia, I have not found a single Georgia SP that were superior to any of those I have spent time in while in Alabama, though I would admit to having experience with only 3 or 4 of Alabama's SPs. I do not normally camp in Alabama. My son lives near Huntsville and when in Alabama, I am typically at his house. I would ask you to specify as to which Alabama State Park you are referring.
And I still think Georgia's handling of reservations is so absolutely ridiculous I will no longer even consider staying in Georgia's SPs; I would rather Kamp On Asphalt while in Georgia. And I have seen some pretty ratty showers (bath houses) at some of the SPs in Georgia.

Let's just say we agree to disagree.
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 10:07 PM   #37

Florida
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve dunham View Post
Let's just say we agree to disagree.

Steve.....you are welcome to say whatever you want. LOL 😇

Old 03-05-2016, 11:45 PM   #38

Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Registry
I resent paying near motel rates to stay in taxpayer supported state parks, and I seldom do so unless there is a fiberglass gathering event which necessitates it. Especially the surcharges for out of state plated vehicles, the occupants of which bring millions of tourist dollars into the state and local coffers.
Fees to enter or use publicly funded state parks, campgrounds,and trails, discriminate against those low income families who work all week and have little left over for recreation only to find public areas reserved for the elitists who are willing to pay to avoid contact with commoners .
Oh! Weep for the Hoi Polloi!
floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 01:16 AM   #39

Name: Lyle
Trailer: Scamp 16, previously Scamp 13
None
Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd View Post
Fees to enter or use publicly funded state parks, campgrounds,and trails, discriminate against those low income families who work all week and have little left over for recreation only to find public areas reserved for the elitists who are willing to pay to avoid contact with commoners .
Oh! Weep for the Hoi Polloi!
Actually, here in Michigan, no tax money goes to support the State Parks. They now subsist on a grossly underfunded endowment (supposed to be $800 million when fully funded, is currently at about $150 million), and the many exorbitant fees, plus any other funds they can find on their own. Hence we have an $8 campground reservation fee (non-refundable) ($10 if you make your reservation over the phone), a $10 reservation cancellation or modification fee, and for a no-show you are charged the $10 cancellation fee, plus the first night's campground fee (also remember the original reservation fee is non-refundable).

OK, this was just to make your reservation, now you arrive at the park:

$6/day entrance fee ($8 for non-residents)
If you have a towed vehicle behind you motor home, another $6/day
Bring along any off-road vehicle: $16.25 each/day
Snowmobiles: $25 each/day

Ok, you made it to the Campground, fees are ALMOST done:

Rustic: $10-$14/night (no showers, vault toilets, hand water pump)
Semi-modern: $16-$18 (50 or 30 amp service, MAYBE showers and toilets)
Modern sites: $16 - $27 (50 amp, showers and toilets)
Premium Modern sites: $28 - $29/night (same as Modern site, but a nice location)
Full-hookup: $29 - $33

So, how many nights you want to stay here in Michigan? You though the Airlines nickle and dime you to death.

I find these charges disgusting and embarrassing.
LyleB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 05:57 AM   #40
Raz

Trailer: Trillium 2010
I suspect most state park systems are self funded, and run by a political appointee who has never used the facilities they manage.
Raz is offline   Reply With Quote