Stray by the roadside - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-30-2003, 08:01 AM   #1

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Stray by the roadside

Hey, all! About 2 weeks ago I was out for a drive when I spotted THE cutest camper alongside the road with a For Sale sign. I know nothing about campers - didn't even want one - but I came home and started reading posts on this site and ScampClub. Long story short: this 13' Scamp is mine now and I'm in love! What IS it about these trailers? I will be checking in with my 2 cents and for advice, of course. Just thought you all should know the power you - and apparently Scamp - wield on the unwitting passerby!

PS. My first BB experience - don't know what I'm doing here either.

Legacy Posts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2003, 08:18 AM   #2

Beverly ... you are doing "just fine" with the website.

"So fine," however, stands for Secret Order -- Fiberglass Is Neatest Exterior"

Welcome to the group! And congrats on your new baby!

Old 04-30-2003, 08:18 AM   #3

Hi, Beverly

You're doing just fine! And welcome to the bunch. You're gonna have a great time, both here and in your new treasure.

Old 04-30-2003, 08:22 AM   #4

Welcome

Quote:
Orginally posted by Beverly D

Hey, all! About 2 weeks ago I was out for a drive when I spotted THE cutest camper alongside the road with a For Sale sign. I know nothing about campers - didn't even want one - but I came home and started reading posts on this site and ScampClub. Long story short: this 13' Scamp is mine now and I'm in love! What IS it about these trailers? I will be checking in with my 2 cents and for advice, of course. Just thought you all should know the power you - and apparently Scamp - wield on the unwitting passerby!

PS. My first BB experience - don't know what I'm doing here either.
Hello Beverly Welcome to our neighborhood.:newbie

Old 04-30-2003, 08:28 AM   #5

Beverly:
Welcome! You hit the right spot, this is a group of people with just the right mix of incredible knowledge and trailer insanity. I pulled my first Travel Trailer in 1975 and I still learn things here almost every day. Plus everyone seems fairly easy going, no flames or rude discussions like you find on other boards. Mostly we are just interested in trailers, and trailer issues, and of course food . Which gave me an idea, Mary , you should start a cookbook of Trailer sugested recipes, with one from each state . You can name it "Towing My Pot from Mexico to Canada" should sell well.

Old 04-30-2003, 10:25 AM   #6

The Power

Hel-loooooooooo, Beverly :wave . Welcome to the forum. Yep, the unseen, but highly contagious, power of these little dudes is one thing that is commonly understood and rarely questioned here.

If you don't know it now, you will soon find out, that 13' foot Scamp had your name on it. No way you weren't going to take it home...and you didn't even know it. Yep, that's the power in action, all right.

We've had people looking and looking for small fiberglass trailers. They really can be elusive. Not really, it's just the the right one has to come along before a match is made. I guess, since you didn't know you really wanted one, it had to kind of fall into your lap.

So....here we are.:wave

Congratulations from a fellow Texan who was, a year ago, just like you were a month ago. No BB experience, no trailer experience. I hadn't even camped in 20 years and that was backpacking. ;)

Old 04-30-2003, 04:29 PM   #7

Welcome, Beverly! You'll find that the Fiberglass RV Forum is one of the top perks of owning one of these babies. Good impulse buy!

Nancy

Old 04-30-2003, 04:52 PM   #8

Thanks to everybody that checked in with a warm welcome. Nancy, you are right about the Forum, but I will withhold confirmation on the impulse buy until after I have spent the night in the camper wedged next to my 6'3" husband. The Scamp may be up for sale again soon! Or don't we even joke about such things?!
Beverly

Old 04-30-2003, 04:58 PM   #9

Beverly, now that is fate. finding something before you want it and it's still there when you find you do. :yep

Old 04-30-2003, 06:04 PM   #10

Greetings

:wave

Beverly,

Your post reminds me of my favorite toast
'May we all get what we want and want it when we get it and keep it as long as we want it'
It looks like that all applies to you but in a different order. Good luck from another Newbie to the Eggs. We will have ours next Monday.

Old 04-30-2003, 07:14 PM   #11

Hi Beverly
I think its all been said.WELCOME.
:wave

Old 05-02-2003, 07:43 AM   #12

Congratulations

Congratulations!! We searched the world over and couldn't find one and you stub your toe on one and bring it home!! How lucky is that! This will go down in your personal history as the best impulse buy you ever ever made! Everybody should have their own personal doll house they bring with them to the beach, the lake and the mountains! It's destiny!

Happy Trailering! :wave