Sunrader Bob (Bob Miller) - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 02-21-2016, 07:11 PM   #41

Name: David
Trailer: 1978 Trillium 1300
Cumberland, Indiana
Registry
I missed this thread the first time around.

So sorry to hear that Bob has passed. I was wondering why he had not posted recently. His knowledge on numerous subjects and conviction to his beliefs were exemplary. My condolences to his family.

RIP Bob, you will be missed!

Spanke
Old 02-21-2016, 07:47 PM   #42
jud

Name: judy
Trailer: looking
Washington
Thank you Spanke.. He is missed so.
jud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 08:08 PM   #43

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
How are you doing Judy? As you can tell, Bob left a big impact on this community and his presence is greatly missed.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 09:11 PM   #44
jud

Washington
Hello Donna,
Thank you for asking. I'm doing okay. Some days are harder than others. I have this big hole in my heart and miss him so. WE had great travel plans for this year
I find myself thinking, I will ask him something and then remember I can't, so I understand when you said his presence is greatly missed.
I know he so enjoyed reading and writing to this community. He would at times tell me about the discussions that he was writing on. He would talk about you and the knowledge that you have. I still check to see what is going on in the community.
Old 02-22-2016, 06:16 AM   #45

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Judy, if you find you need assistance from all-molded-towable owners all you need to do is ask. When you find a time you're ready to travel, I hope you'll consider joining us at a NOG. I'd love to meet you, truly.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 10:58 AM   #46

Name: John
Trailer: '71 Boler, '87 Play-Mor II
Deep South
I haven't been on here in a while so I just learned of this, while I didn't personally know him he did respond to a number of my posts and I enjoyed reading many of his as well...was hoping to meet him someday at a Rally somewhere...life is too short, enjoy every moment...
Johnny M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2016, 10:35 AM   #47
jud

Washington
Donna D,
Thank you. I too, would love to meet you and other members of the group. I will watch to see if I can make it to one of the rallies. I would be sure to let you know that I was coming.
Old 02-27-2016, 11:19 AM   #48

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Judy I am with Donna it would be wonderful if you where to join us at a meet.

Over the last few weeks when someone posts a question and it goes unanswered for longer than it may have in the past, I found myself reflecting on just how big of a presents Bob had here and just how much he is missed.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 09:49 AM   #49
jud

Washington
Carol H
Thank you.
I understanding your feelings of not seeing posts from Bob. It was something that he would do very early in the morning and check out the rest of the day . He so loved to talk about the fiberglass R.V. and how to fix problems that people had with their trailer/campers.

I will try to meet up with the group at one of the meets..
Judy
Old 03-02-2016, 12:18 PM   #50

Name: Dave & Kathie
Trailer: 2013 Escape 21
Oregon
Registry
Judy and Rob,

So sorry to hear of Bob's passing. Our heartfelt condolences to you both. Bob was always so helpful when we were 'newbies'. He will be missed.

Dave & Kathie

Dave and Kathie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 08:23 PM   #51
jud

Washington
Dave and Kathie,

Thank you for your heartfelt condolences. He is missed.
Judy
Old 03-14-2016, 03:47 PM   #52

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1976, 1978, 1979, 1300 - 1977, and a 1973
Alberta
Registry
God, I miss Bob.
David Tilston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 04:07 PM   #53
jud

Washington
David Tilston,
I understand your feelings. I miss him, too. I will be doing something and want to ask him a question but can't.
I went on a little road trip, this week with a girlfriend and kept thinking how much he would have enjoyed the trip with us. It was in the area and something that we had talked about doing.
Old 03-14-2016, 05:15 PM   #54

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1976, 1978, 1979, 1300 - 1977, and a 1973
Alberta
Registry
Judy, You are in my thoughts. I simply can't imagine what you are going through. Please be well.
David Tilston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 08:02 PM   #55
jud

Washington
thank you for the warm wishes. I am well. I keep look here to see what is going on.
Old 05-16-2016, 07:20 PM   #56

Name: Ellpea
Trailer: 1989 Lil Bigfoot
CA
Just heard about this today, in May!

I am so surprised and saddened to hear that we have lost Bob. He was so sensible and so knowledgeable, and so willing to help!

His advice and assistance were instrumental in finally getting me to the trailer I so desperately wanted. He PM'd much advice about what to be careful of, and sent me his cell phone number (which I used) in case we had questions about the trailer after we drove several hours to see it.

Later, when we were struggling to get the Volvo electrics to talk to the trailer electrics, he spoke to the various people here in town who were attempting to make that happen (U-Haul wouldn't touch it, the RV people were afraid of it also). I think that phone call was made to him while he was in a vehicle with Judy... Up to assist with the terrible fires that were happening at that time.

He also PM'd me again, after one individual made somewhat nasty remarks in response to a question I had asked. He wanted to make sure I was OK. (Remembering this makes me teary).

I never met him personally, but I feel like I've lost a bosom friend. I'm so sorry for Judy's and Bob's son's loss.
Old 05-17-2016, 09:05 AM   #57

Name: kevin
Trailer: Miti-Lite
Washington
I'm not very good at watching the threads closely and just now found out. But I did notice months ago that it seemed like I was not seeing Bob's wonderfully helpful and sound advice posted where I normally would and was wondering about him. This is not at all what I expected or wanted to here. We have all lost a great voice of wisdom here. He is and will always be missed in the fiberglass community.

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV
Old 05-17-2016, 10:54 AM   #58
jud

Washington
Ellpea
Thank you for the kind words you said about Bob. I still have a hard time with this. It has just been 4 mos. but feels like a life time. You are right I was with Bob when you talked with him on the phone. I know that spring is here as I am seeing all the trailers and Rv's coming to town. This makes it hard on me as I can see the road from my living room. I know that he is looking down on us and that does help.
Old 05-17-2016, 11:21 AM   #59

Name: Steve
Trailer: Scamp 13
California
I wondered what happened to Bob as I took a little break from this site. I kinda felt kindred spirits with him on the many subjects we breached.

As he has left us, he is blazing the way for us on the other side. I am sure he will have something to say when we all get there.

We all get a new trailer on the other side and we can all back it up perfectly the first time.

To all of Bobs family and close friends Thank You for sharing the unique person that made Bob special. I hope the respect and caring from all of his vast network of friends helps to ease the pain and the loss we are all sharing.
stevebaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 11:41 AM   #60

Trailer: 1972 Boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500
I've been away from the forums for the better part of a year. Losing a member like Bob is like losing part of the family. My thoughts and sentiments match those which have already been posted.
Roy in TO is offline   Reply With Quote