Support for an "orphan" trailer - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-22-2018, 10:23 AM   #1

Name: Bob
Trailer: Parkliner 2014
Georgia
Support for an "orphan" trailer

Assuming that this info
http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...tml#post698509
is correct, I may soon be the owner of a trailer of which the manufacturer no longer exists.
When I bought it used, I recognized that that sort of thing could happen, and even more fundamentally, that three years after manufacture, I wasn't under Parkliner warranty anyway. My thought was, no big deal, lots of happy owners here, Boler to Eggcamper, are in the same boat, and if components can still be serviced, it'll work out.
Still basically feel that way and right now, the only other thing I can think of is that the local dealer (which has a generally good reputation, maybe including service) won't be continuing forward as a source of service experience with the general line (the new PLs that they were to sell - and there were a couple on their lot recently - are a little different than mine, but figured they'd at least be a little more interested in making sure I'm tooling around locally in one, and they'd maybe get used to some sort of "oh yeah, this is how they routed that"), but I haven't taken mine to that dealer for any work.
So, any downsides I'm not thinking of? Basically, what I can't do myself, I just need to find a reliable place/person to get that done?
FishingBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 10:55 AM   #2

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
Almost everything that can go wrong with any egg is common in the industry. The stuff that breaks ( fridge, furnace, water pump, etc ) isn't made by the trailer manufacturer, and the company that makes it ( eg. Dometic ) has service centres all over North America ( and the world ).

I wouldn't concern myself with ParkLiner's business plan, or lack thereof.
Old 06-09-2018, 02:04 PM   #3

Name: Aaron
Trailer: Parkliner
North Carolina
Bob where are you located? Also if needed, PM me and I will see what I can help you with.
AmcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 04:09 PM   #4

Name: Bob
Trailer: Parkliner 2014
Georgia
Aaron, I'm in the Atlanta area, and don't know that I'll pass your way anytime soon. I do appreciate your willingness to be a resource for problems that some up, but so far so good.
Take care.
FishingBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 04:41 PM   #5
Raz

Trailer: Trillium 2010
Sorry to hear that things are not going well for Parkliner. As I recall the door hinge was manufactured in house. l would look for a spare. Other than that, any boat place can repair the fiberglass. All the other components are standard RV stuff. I'm in the same boat with my Trillium. I have spare hinges and a L300 repair kit. Otherwise I enjoy my trailer and don't worry about the what ifs. I suggest you do the same.
Raz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 08:15 PM   #6

Name: Kelly
Trailer: Trails West
Oregon
It is not that big of a deal when the maker of FGRVs goes out of business other than you can't buy a new trailer from them. Other than the shell and the frame they typically purchase all the bits and pieces used in the trailer from outside vendors. But the issue is you won't always know who that vendor was so that can make it harder to find replacement windows since you don't know what company made the windows for them if there is not a maker's label on the windows. The information of what company made the windows or compartment doors and such for which specific trailers would be great to have in a database for a sight such as our forum.
k corbin is offline   Reply With Quote