Tell us what's interesting to visit in your country - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 01-27-2007, 04:12 AM   #21

Trailer: Lander (401)
Registry
Quote:
Rob-When visiting the United States you must remember that our states are almost as big as your countries. I once met some people from Isreal who came to see the US. They thought that 3 months would give them plenty of time. At the end of their 3 months, they had seen part of 8 states (we have 50 states.) They decided that they would need at least 3 years just ot do a short visit to each state. They also could not believe that people here hook up thier trailers, load their 4 children in the car and take off on a 2 or 3 week vacation and travel 5000 miles (8000 km.)

A good comparison between the US and Europe-You think 400 miles (640 km) is a long ways, we think 400 years is a long time. Your history goes back a long way, we routinely travel long distances on vacations.
Hi Bob,
There are also in Europe people that travel many and many Kilometers for the holiday.
For example, I have made 7.000 km with my Lander Caravan last years for holidays .
I have travel to Austria, Germany and Denmark, and in the 2005 I have a travel to Svizzera, Germany and Holland for 6.000 Km.
In Europe and in Italy there is many many many traffic and so the drive is very difficul.
The road in Italy, in the holidays period, are in this mode

Name:   autostrade.jpg
Views: 41
Size:  5.6 KB

and you can see that is very difficult travel in freeway (in Italy the freeway are very expensive... for example if you travel 500 Km of freeway, you pay 40 euro for the use, and the prise of one litre of gasoline it cost 1,4 Euro = 1,8 dollar ).
but we have many adamancy!
But in USA/Canada I think that is more easy travel... (distant from big city), more relaxant! and less expensive!

Thank's bob and sorry for my bad english!!!
robirob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 05:33 AM   #22

Trailer: Boler 13 ft
Quote:
In order to help the epocaravan's italians could you describe your favorite country's actractives that italian friends can visit if they decides to visit your country?

The rocky coast of Maine is a must visit. It's not just the sights but the whole atmosphere and people that make this area such a nice place to visit (or live).
From rocky cliffs to nice sandy beaches all up and down the coast there are many campgrounds and then inland we have the great forests and although nothing like the European mountains we do have some nice ones in Maine and our neighboring state of New Hampshire.
Great fishing in our lakes and streams too.
Gerry
Gerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 08:37 PM   #23

Trailer: Boler (B1700RGH) 1979
Since recreational vehicles, including our trailers, seem to be more common in the west than the east, I think the east coast is being missed. It has been many years since I have been to the Maritime Provinces of Canada (Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island, and Newfoundland and Labrador), but I would like to go back again. The sights may not be as spectacular, but there are both natural wonders and rich culture and history to discover.
<blockquote>
Poiché i veicoli di ricreazione, compreso i nostri caravan, sembrano essere più comuni nell'ovest che l'est, penso che il litorale orientale stia mancando. È stato molti anni poiché sono stato alle province marittime del Canada (Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island, and Newfoundland and Labrador), ma vorrei andare ancora indietro. Le viste non possono essere come spettacolari, ma ci è sia wonders naturali che coltura e storia ricche da scoprire.
</blockquote>
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 09:59 PM   #24

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Talking

Many people here list natural landmarks, great parks, wonderful countryside.

In addition to that, there are sites that have historical value...

One lesser known place is in my home town in Upstate New York.

The Oneida Community

It is linked to a common, everyday set of items that everyone has in their home!
Old 01-27-2007, 11:04 PM   #25

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
Talking

In New Mexico: Carlsbad Caverns, Santa Fe, Gila Wilderness, Chaco Canyon, El Morro Nat'l Mon, White Sands Nat'l Mon, Taos, Chama (Herron Lake and the Old Steam Train Trip), Trinity Site (first atomic bomb exploded 7/16/46), Lincoln Nat'l Forest, Eagle's Nest/Angel Fire, Carson Nat'l Forest, Shiprock Pk, and oh well, most of New Mexico. AW
Attached Thumbnails
windmill_Las_Cruces.jpg  
2009 White Ford F-150 Reg. Cab Longbed ARE Topper
Adrian W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 12:05 AM   #26

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Hi: It would take a million life times to visit every corner of our great North America...but the most exciting visit is with each and every traveller along the way Take time to enjoy each one Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 01:08 AM   #27

Trailer: 2005 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Registry
The cool thing about North America is 99% of the continent is made up of just three countries, and there are natural marvels to visit in just about every region. Half a day's drive or less will get me to a place where I can watch Puffins nest at Canon Beach (Oregon) or see amazing waterfalls in the Columbia Gorge (Washington and Oregon) or climb a glacier on Mt Rainier (Washington), walk in a rain forest on the Olympic Penninsula (Washington), or hile in High Desert Country (Oregon). You'll never explore all of them in a lifetime.

The down side is there just isn't as much history to the place. Sure, you can go see Mayan ruins down in Mexico or the Mesa Verde cliff dwellings, either of which are a thousand years old or more old, but many of the earlier residents of this continent were nomadic and left few monuments to their passing. Most of the history you can visit on the American continent dates to the 16th century or later.

In Europe the situation is the opposite. The first European settlers had only recently arrived in the Americas when Shakespeare wrote his first sonet, and that's recent European history compared to the old Roman Empire. Half a day's drive from London will deliver you to ruins left by the Roman Empire and cities sacked by the Vikings, places where kings and queens gained and lost their power (and sometimes their heads), the wonders of Stonehenge, the university where Sir Issac Newton penned three of the most basic laws of physical science and another university where the structure of DNA was discovered and yet a third place where penicillin was discovered, and the apartment where where Shakespeare wrote sonets and plays. And the list goes on and on for London just as it does for Rome or Paris or Berlin. You'll never explore all of them.

Yet, for all its history, Euope lacks the natural wonders found in abundance here. Sure, there are places like the Alps, the Black Forest, and the Scottish Highlands, but nothing like the diversity or frequency of North American natural sites.

There is sooooo much to see on both continents! I wish I could visit them all.

--Peter
peterh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 12:59 PM   #28

Trailer: Lander (401)
Registry
I think that in the USA and Canada ... there are not many places to visit...

hehehe...
I think that I need of one year of holiday for travel all beautiful places that you have described!... if I should decided to come I should be very indecided about the places to visit!

thank you very much

Rob
robirob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 10:35 PM   #29

Trailer: Escape
I have been reading your postings and they are all very interesting!

For a tiny bit of Canadian content, "Johnston Canyon" near Banff, Alberta is MAGNIFICENT! www.johnstoncanyon.com
For the West Coast of Canada, I would have to say that Whytecliffe Park in North Vancouver is one of my favorite spots, although it is so hard to choose . . .
Natalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 07:40 AM   #30

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT
Registry
Hey Rob,

If you get the year off, there are any number of us on this forum that would loan you their trailers, just like you offered yours to me. And give you suggestions of where to go. And offer you their hospitality. And thanks for offering me your trailer!

CindyL
Old 01-30-2007, 12:09 PM   #31

Trailer: 16 ft 2004 Scamp
Ciao! How wonderful that you would like to see our country! I have had the pleasure of visiting Italy, and did not want to leave! (I will visit Italy again!)

The US is also a beautiful country, and so many destination choices could be intimidating! Your decision will be less difficult when you determine the time of year (season) of your travel. The temperature, weather patterns, and terrain are all important things to consider here, as they vary widely across the US.

Some of my favorite places in the US:

The Grand Tetons in Wyoming
The Blue Ridge Parkway, and the Appalachian mountains
The Maine coastline (and into Nova Scotia)
Niagra Falls
Any lake in Minnesota...even lake Titloe!
the countryside roads of Pennsylvania

When you visit, I'm sure everyone on this board will help you to plan your trip!

Avanti!
Elizabeth C. is offline   Reply With Quote