Temps- Where do you draw the line? - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-20-2022, 02:20 PM   #21

Name: Ray
Trailer: scamp
Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelbyM View Post
Record heat here in the Southeast. We camped at a state park a couple of hours away last week, fished on a nearby river. It was comfortable enough standing in the cold water but too hot/humid to sit outside while back in camp. Thankfully the A/C works well but sitting around inside gets old, even with a good book. I'm thinking over 90 degrees will keep me at home. Going to be a long hot summer.

Depends on what you are trying to do. Some of this will depend on the comfort level of where you are planning to go and what you are planning to do. If you are going to go camp and then do indoor events that means that in general you can expect that they already have arranged for some level of comfort. If you are planning outdoor activities then can you enjoy the activity at the conditions given.

My camper will keep me comfortable enough that mostly the activity is the limiting factor. Now I also do response volunteer activities and so then really you have to function regardless of the conditions. I have camped with outdoor activities in temps well over 100 and at 0F because that was what was needed. My camper at least allowed me to sleep and recover under these conditions.

So can your camper keep you comfortable enough under the conditions and can you enjoy yourself under the conditions?
computerspook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2022, 02:27 PM   #22

Name: John
Trailer: Bigfoot 25 RQ
Ohio
Last Summer we planned a trip to Boulder and the Golden State Park Area and then down to MOAB. WE had reservations is a nice RV campground with full services. It was goin to be 106 . We canceled and went north into Wyoming and at the sop of the snows threw snowball on the 4th of July. Then we went to South Dakota etc. I won't go to the Southwest in the Summer again. Too hot and too many people in the Utah parks. After Labor Day is a better option. My summer travels will all be north.
oldwave is offline   Reply With Quote