Thanks! - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-31-2006, 12:21 PM   #1

Trailer: 1978 Trillium 4500
I have been lurking for perhaps 6-8 months now, and just last week found a 1978 Trillium 4500.
While I have been pretty quiet on my questions, I have been soaking up the details and information on this site.

A big thanks to all for sharing your experiences, this makes is much easier for us looking for equipment!

-Ian in Nova Scotia......
Ian Pearce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 04:25 PM   #2
Suz

Trailer: 1989 Casita Spirit Deluxe
Registry
Congrats, Ian, on finding your Trill!
Suz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 05:04 PM   #3

Trailer: 1979 13 ft Boler and 1987 Bigfoot 5th Wheel
Registry
Welcome Ian!
Congratulations on you new trailer! Do you have any pictures you can post? We'd love to see it.
Old 03-31-2006, 06:17 PM   #4

Trailer: 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel Dlx / 2001 Ford Ranger 4x4
Congrats! Yes.. we would love to see some pics of your Trill!!
Christi V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 10:09 PM   #5

Trailer: 2000 19 ft (formerly 17 ft) Casita Freedom Deluxe ('Nuestra Casita') / 2000 4WD V8 Tundra
Send a message via Yahoo to Kurt & Ann K.
Good job, Ian!
You've taken the big step, paid the cost of admission and whether you like it or not....you've become one of us! With the admission of the Trill's purchase, you have become a member of the FGRV fraternity and are now expected to contribute your share of successful (and not so successful!) modifications and travel experiences.
Working on your Trill and travelling with it are all part of the journey to be shared!
The adventure has begun--ENJOY!
Kurt & Ann K.
Kurt & Ann K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 10:32 PM   #6

Trailer: Love Bug / Chevy Astro

Hello Ian,
Before you bought your trailer, did anyone tell you that you should find the closest chaper of FGA. (Fiber Glass Anonymous) These trailers are an addiction to be sure. You will find ways to customize it and make it all yours. When you start lying awake at night thinking of modifications, it is time to go to a FGA meeting. Unfortunately, you would only see others mods that you can do and you be hopelessly lost in FG land.

Ok, ok, to my room.
Bob Cupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 12:39 AM   #7

Trailer: 1992 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Welcome to the fiberglass family, Ian! (You have to go to the Jokes section and see our okra obsession to see why we have a dancing okra smiley.) Don't be shy about asking questions. That's the way we all learn from each other.

Nancy
Nancy in Oregon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 05:42 AM   #8

Trailer: 1986 U-Haul CT13 ft
Hi Ian - Welcome and congratulations! You're in a great part of the continent for egging. Barb and I had a wonderful time in Nova Scotia two years ago. One of our best campsites was the municipal campground down on the docks in Louisbourg: a great place to play sea shanties on my old concertina.

jack maloney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 12:25 PM   #9

Trailer: 74 13 ft Boler and 79 17 ft Boler
Hi Jack, When we went East in 2002, I stayed very near your campsite spot, about the second or third trailer from the front road along that fence in the pic, a stones throw from the theatre......beautiful country out there isn`t it? ........Ian, where abouts in Nova Scotia are you located? .....Benny
Benny K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 03:29 PM   #10

Trailer: 1972 Boler 13 ft
Hi Ian,

We are planning a trip to Nova Scotia this summer in late August. Would love to visit that campground in Louisbourg. We won't have the Chevy with us but you wouldn't miss the bright pink trailer. If anyone sees us on our travels come over and say hi.
Barbara Gardin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 03:56 PM   #11

Trailer: 1986 U-Haul CT13 ft
Hi Benny: That music theater was one of the great things about the CG - good Cape Breton Celtic music every night we stayed there! The fortress of Louisbourg was also a great attraction. We have very fond memories of Nova Scotia and hope to get back there in a year or two.

This hilltop just behind Macleod's Beach CG near Inverness was another Cape Breton site we enjoyed.
jack maloney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 04:39 PM   #12
Administrator

Trailer: Casita 1999 17 ft Liberty Deluxe
Registry
Quote:
Welcome to the fiberglass family, Ian! (You have to go to the Jokes section and see our okra obsession to see why we have a dancing okra smiley.) Don't be shy about asking questions. That's the way we all learn from each other.

Nancy
Ahem. Actually, the [b]Okra! topic is in [b]Recipes.
Info on Adding Photos to a Post
RV Life Network FAQ
Mary F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 08:43 PM   #13

Trailer: 1992 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Quote:
Ahem. Actually, the [b]Okra! topic is in [b]Recipes.
Ooops! Of course it is.

Nancy
Nancy in Oregon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 05:34 AM   #14

Trailer: Y2K6 Bigfoot 25 ft (25B25RQ) & Y2K3 Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
There are more than a few of us who wished it had been left under "O" in the dictionary.

Roger
Roger H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 07:45 AM   #15

Trailer: 1978 Trillium 4500 Deluxe
Quote:
I have been lurking for perhaps 6-8 months now, and just last week found a 1978 Trillium 4500.
While I have been pretty quiet on my questions, I have been soaking up the details and information on this site.

A big thanks to all for sharing your experiences, this makes is much easier for us looking for equipment!

-Ian in Nova Scotia......
Hi Ian,
Looks like I'am the 1st Trillium reply. Congratulations #1!!! I found my 1978 Trillium 4500 Deluxe 3 1/2 years ago. What's the condition of yours? There are 3 or 4 layouts on the 4500. How is yours laid out? If I can help on any questions , let me know. I,am here in Michigan with my wife and son, and we love our trailer!!! Have a super day! Dave
Dave Baston is offline   Reply With Quote