The HC1, Happier Camper new trailer - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 02-25-2015, 12:48 PM   #41

Name: Matthew
Trailer: lurking
Pennsylvania
I sell my artwork at outdoor art festivals around the country. The fact that this is a multi-use trailer seems to make it an almost perfect setup for what I, and many like me, do. While the multipurpose has been done, this is the first I've seen done with style.

***Edit - I'd originally asked "Mikmay, when do you think you'll announce pricing? I'm hoping to get a camper in the next few months, not sure yet if your price will be in my ballpark or not." I've now seen you've said in the coming months... Looking forward to it, hope I know if it's an option before me before I obsess too much.
Added my name to the pre-order list on the website, in case timing works out.
Cheers.
Matthew Naftzger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 07:59 PM   #42

Name: Hazel
Trailer: Trillium
Saskatchewan
Hmmmm............it still looks good! Will solar run a heater? A small fridge?
Hazel in Sk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 09:57 PM   #43

Trailer: 93 Burro 17 ft
Scamps and Casitas depend on inner cabinets and stuff to provide rigidity. You must be making the HC1 somewhat more like the Snoozy shell, I guess, since your shell will be completely self supporting. But you mention inner and outer hulls, I think? Whereas the Snoozy is a single hull. Can you tell us more about your build? How do you attain the rigidity? (An empty Scamp shell will wiggle like a gob of jello.)
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 01:23 AM   #44
Commercial Member

Name: Mike
Trailer: Boler13/trillium4500/buro13
Ontario
Michael our trailer consists of a outside shell similar to a scamp and then we made a Mould inverted off of that shell with reflitiv insulating in between .simular to a burrow or uhaul only our inner belly band runs horizontal around the centre.which keeps it quite ridged on its own.We raised the trolley roof 8 inches in the centre and tapered it down all the way to the front and rear of the trailer we also moulded upper cabinets into the inner mould to give more rigidity. We also formed ridged frames around the front and back door to add more strength with steel plating for mounting of the struts and hinges. Even moulded wiring channels for the roof air and fan add to the rigidity and strength. I can assure you there won't be any jelly roll on the HCI.
Mikmay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 10:03 AM   #45

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1976, 1978, 1979, 1300 - 1977, and a 1973
Alberta
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazel in Sk View Post
Hmmmm............it still looks good! Will solar run a heater? A small fridge?
A fridge yes, heater no. Heaters run around 1500 W a 12 VDC fridge runs around 50 W.
David Tilston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 10:54 PM   #46

Trailer: 93 Burro 17 ft
That's great to hear about the rigidity, thanks.

One more option you might offer: a screen that attaches to the rear door frame (perhaps using magnet closure on the sides?), so a person can open the rear hatch and enjoy a full view and breeze from outdoors, bug-free, from inside the trailer. I know you've mentioned a possible outer screen room, but a simple flat screen panel would be more convenient IMO because it could be left in place pretty much full time while traveling... with no setup time/inconvenience.
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 07:51 AM   #47

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Magee View Post
That's great to hear about the rigidity, thanks.

One more option you might offer: a screen that attaches to the rear door frame (perhaps using magnet closure on the sides?), so a person can open the rear hatch and enjoy a full view and breeze from outdoors, bug-free, from inside the trailer. I know you've mentioned a possible outer screen room, but a simple flat screen panel would be more convenient IMO because it could be left in place pretty much full time while traveling... with no setup time/inconvenience.
Yes, agreed, these are common in toy haulers, a pull down screen door.
Old 02-28-2015, 10:55 AM   #48
Commercial Member

Ontario
Yes Jim and mike while we already do have a an add on screen /tent that fits very nicely as you will see upcoming pictures we will also like to adapt a system to something like you refer to. One of the coolest features we will have as an option is a 5 gallon pressurized passive solar water tank that will hook in to the rear receiver which will allow you to wash items and the trailer we are also going to adapt a shower head to the tank which can be mounted under the door so a easy set up curtain around the perimeter of the door would be a nice feature.
Old 04-22-2015, 01:35 PM   #49

Name: Leanne
Trailer: 1968 13ft Boler
Manitoba
This looks amazing! I can't wait to see/hear more!
thelucaslodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 04:01 PM   #50

Trailer: Class A Motorhome
We are all waiting for the HC-1, the NEST and two other new builders of 13' FGRV's to offer production models, prices and delivery times.

If you look back you can see it has been a while since we have heard much and, while summer is just around the corner for most, it is in full swing in Southern California, the largest RV market, and demand has started to rise.

Bob Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 09:26 PM   #51
Commercial Member

Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Miller View Post
We are all waiting for the HC-1, the NEST and two other new builders of 13' FGRV's to offer production models, prices and delivery times.

If you look back you can see it has been a while since we have heard much and, while summer is just around the corner for most, it is in full swing in Southern California, the largest RV market, and demand has started to rise.
Thanks Bob for keeping a fire under our feet and your continued interest in the HCI While we could have went right into production after the 1st prototype build we needed to make some minor modifications to make it right. It is a time consuming process to build a high quality product at the lowest price possible kind of a oxymoron . The modifications to the prototype were just completed today and we hope to begin building the next 2 prototypes in the next 30 day's .while it would be ideal to have the trailer ready for the heart of the camping season we will not rush production for fear of missing sales.

Tags
happier camper, hc1