Thinking of Jumping back in - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 01-24-2017, 05:57 PM   #1

Trailer: 13 ft 2000 Scamp
Thinking of Jumping back in

Well, we have been out of our Casita for about three years now, as we winter in Florida in a fifth wheel. The bug has bitten us again, to to some side trips and small fiberglass has again come into play. I am still leaning towards another Casita as I know what I had, and the resale value was fantastic. The wife really likes the layout of the Lil Snoozy. Just seems hard to get a lot of real world reports on that unit from others on their feelings for durability, and resale. Would love to hear what others think in comparing these two trailers. Sure has been fun getting back on here and reading again.

Steve
Steve M K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 08:09 PM   #2

Trailer: No Trailer Yet (want 13 ft fiber glass
Registry
Steve, we have about 60K miles on our 2014 Lil Snoozy and have no issues with ours. I really like the layout/floor plan of the Lil Snoozy, as I don't feel like I am in a trailer when I am sitting on our comfortable couch across from the entertainment center, next to the permanent full queen bed, and roomy shower. We probably could have stayed with a factory stock Lil Snoozy trailer and made do using our 2000i generator when not plugged into shore power, as they are a total electric trailer, but we have made extensive changes starting with the factory installing HEHR jalousie windows, 12 volt danfoss compressor refrigerator, MaxxFan, sprayer style sink faucet, and had them leave out the outside under bed access door and table. I added propane stove & furnace, larger upper cabinets, gas strut lifts for under mattress access to storage, solar, extra 12 volt USB outlets, 4"axle lift.... man I didn't realize how busy I've been). We spend 4-5 month continuously in it every summer mostly boondocking, visiting family/friends, attending Jeeping events, Fiberglass trailer gatherings and sight seeing. Hope you come back to the molded fiberglass side of life again, and we'll meet at a gathering somewhere.
Dave & Paula
David B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 05:06 PM   #3

Name: Laura
Trailer: Winnebago
Iowa
I would really like to see pictures of your soozy up grades
Laura June is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 08:19 PM   #4

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura June View Post
I would really like to see pictures of your soozy up grades

Laura, click on our avatar picture, and when it brings you to our site, click on our albums..... one for our previous 13' Scamp and one for our Lil Snoozy.

Dave & Paula
Old 01-26-2017, 09:44 AM   #5

Name: Laura
Trailer: Winnebago
Iowa
rubicon pulling lil snoozy

David, I just looked at your pictures, and seen that you are pulling the lil snoozy with a jeep. How well is that working for you? We have tried pulling with a wrangler before, and it has not worked well. So I am thinking the Rubicon has a larger motor than the Wrangler. But don't you get some sway with the shorter wheel base? We love our jeep, so we pull the jeep with an older class c motor home, which is working much better. But, I still like the lil snoozy, and would someday like to get one. We have been to the factory and really enjoyed seeing the snoozy and talking with Allen.
Laura June is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 02:12 PM   #6

Registry
Laura, I transplanted a 2014 5.7 Liter Hemi from a rolled over truck with just 14K on the odometer into our 2007 Rubicon. I do not get any sway with the Lil Snoozy and now have much more power than the 3.8L V6 it replaced. If you get a newer 4 door Rubicon with the 3.6L V6 coupled to the new multi speed transmission I would think you could live with it. It has a 3500lb. tow rating.
Dave & Paula
Old 01-26-2017, 05:14 PM   #7

Trailer: 93 Burro 17 ft
Quote:
Originally Posted by David B. View Post
Laura, I transplanted a 2014 5.7 Liter Hemi from a rolled over truck with just 14K on the odometer into our 2007 Rubicon. I do not get any sway with the Lil Snoozy and now have much more power than the 3.8L V6 it replaced. If you get a newer 4 door Rubicon with the 3.6L V6 coupled to the new multi speed transmission I would think you could live with it. It has a 3500lb. tow rating.
Dave & Paula
They're putting the 3.6L into the Wrangler now? Cool! Several forum members (MCDenny, Burtim, David Kirk) tow FG with that engine and 8-speed tranny in their Grand Cherokees; the drive train supports a 6500 lb tow rating in that vehicle.
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2017, 06:29 PM   #8

Bathroom sink/ Little snoozy

As we continue our research on this unit, we do not see in the pictures or floor plan if the bathroom has a sink? What are folks doing to handle the personal hygiene issues? Also thanks to all those that have been giving us info, it has been fantastic!
Old 01-28-2017, 09:57 PM   #9

Registry
We use a bottle of hand sanitizer that sits in a wire shelf I installed, since there is not a sink
Dave & Paula
Old 01-28-2017, 10:56 PM   #10

Name: Kelly
Trailer: Trails West
Oregon
I hang a wet wipe container in the bathroom. I have a Huggies brand "clutch". It has a zip lock seal along the top edge that makes it easy to refill and a hatch door on the side for easy dispensing. You can purchase the wet wipes in bulk that way and just refill the dispenser as needed. There is a strap on the clutch container that makes it easy to hang from a hook in the bathroom and easy to remove if you want to take it with you to a bathroom at a campground. They are great, I have them in my RV and my car, at home there is one by my bed and another by my workbench. You can find them in the infant supply area at stores including the larger grocery stores. There is often a choice in the pattern or color of these pouches. They are very durable, price is under $5.00. Many of the Huggies and other brands of wipes are not flushable but you can find some brands that are. However never flush them into an RV toilet.
k corbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 07:33 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by David B. View Post
We use a bottle of hand sanitizer that sits in a wire shelf I installed, since there is not a sink
Dave & Paula
So I am guessing that I will get permission to brush my teeth in the kitchen from the wife now!