This is getting out of hand. - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 03-29-2011, 07:16 AM   #1

Trailer: 1983 13 ft Scamp
Registry
This is getting out of hand.

Not my thing,but interesting to say the least.

Click image for larger version

Name:	galileo-travel-trailer-interior-11.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	32.4 KB
ID:	34407

Name:	image2.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	38.3 KB
ID:	34408

Name:	image3.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	30.6 KB
ID:	34409

Name:	image4.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	38.6 KB
ID:	34410

Name:	image5.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	45.2 KB
ID:	34411

Name:	image6.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	37.1 KB
ID:	34412

Name:	image7.jpg
Size:	35.2 KB
ID:	34413

Name:	image8.jpg
Size:	45.6 KB
ID:	34414

Name:	image9.jpg
Size:	37.4 KB
ID:	34415

Name:	image10.jpg
Size:	52.3 KB
ID:	34416 Deck on top
Old 03-29-2011, 08:01 AM   #2

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
add these gas prices in death valley and you get a rv experience.
Attached Thumbnails
540 gas.jpeg  
Old 03-29-2011, 09:07 AM   #3

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
How about getting gas in Hazelton BC
Attached Thumbnails
gas prices.jpg  
Old 03-29-2011, 10:06 AM   #4

Name: Greg
Trailer: 72 Boler American
Indiana
"eat the rich"
Old 03-29-2011, 10:07 AM   #5

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken C View Post
add these gas prices in death valley and you get a rv experience.
I was there about 3 weeks ago. It was $5.05 then.
Old 03-29-2011, 10:35 AM   #6

Name: jen
Trailer: 1980 13 ft. burro
Pennsylvania
Registry
I'm pretty sure the Campersaurus there is bigger than my whole house.
Old 03-29-2011, 11:31 AM   #7

Trailer: 71 Boler
Is there a link for these pics? I have a friend who's into everything big and I'd love to send him a link. He tows a 37' bumper pull trailer with his f450 quad cab dually 4x4 for his wife and 2 small kids this would be right up his alley
Old 03-29-2011, 12:35 PM   #8

Trailer: 1983 13 ft Scamp
Registry
No link. Friend of mine sent it to me.
Old 03-29-2011, 06:13 PM   #9

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Cool Hand Built Motor Coaches for the rich and famous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Tin View Post
Is there a link for these pics?
Anderson Mobile Estates builds motor coaches for actors. Will Smith bought the 1st one. I believe the one in Kevin's photos is "Sky Box".

Actor Will Smith's $1,800,000.00 Dressing Room
Old 03-29-2011, 06:18 PM   #10

Indiana
Again I say "eat the rich".
Old 03-29-2011, 07:14 PM   #11

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Spend it if you've got it! The economy can use your help
Old 03-29-2011, 08:05 PM   #12

Trailer: Sold Bigfoot. Shopping for Arctic Fox 22G
Missouri
I say let the rich spend their money. A lot of workers collected pay checks building that thing so some wealth got redistributed. Sooner or later whoever owns it will need to get rid of it. Probably sooner because there are not many places where you could actually use it. If you see it on Ebay check it for rust before you buy it. It looks like those photos were taken at the Bonneville Salt Flats.
Old 03-29-2011, 10:26 PM   #13

Trailer: 1972 Boler American
I'm with Greg. "Eat the Rich." The thing I wonder most is if the owners of that behemoth get anywhere close to the amount of joy from it as my husband and I do from our humble 72 Boley. I'm doubting it.
Old 03-30-2011, 05:36 AM   #14

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
I'm thinking it may belong to a corporation for use at events. The company I work for has owned a NASCAR truck. You'd be surprised the stuff they did to impress customers. This thing would have been the ticket.
Old 03-30-2011, 01:17 PM   #15

Name: Peter
Trailer: 1971 Amerigo
Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg H View Post
"eat the rich"
That might be a bad idea considering that in California the rich pay 45% of all personal income taxes collected.

Shouldn't that thing have outriggers?
Attached Thumbnails
RV-AC192B_RICHT_G_20110325183327.jpg  
Old 03-30-2011, 01:38 PM   #16

Indiana
rich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Crowl View Post
That might be a bad idea considering that in California the rich pay 45% of all personal income taxes collected.

Shouldn't that thing have outriggers?
maybe they should pay more, then Cali wouldn't be broke. You know people out there that are doing 1/2 hr sitcoms for 1 million an episode, they should pay it all.
Old 03-30-2011, 04:50 PM   #17

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Yup but think on all the people who are employeed by that 1/2 hour sitcom and spending what they make. ;-)
Old 03-30-2011, 10:30 PM   #18

Trailer: Scamp 13 ft
Registry
I remember seeing this on a TV special a few years ago and remembered it was owned by Robert De Niro. I googled it and found several articles about it. Here are a few:

10 Famous People Who Love RVs

Recreational Vehicles are not just the favorite means of travel and living for the average Joe. However, in recent years, a number of celebrities have fallen in love with the freedom provided by RVs. Touted as the perfect home away from home, more and more famous people are queuing up to nab an RV.
Here are some of the big names involved.
8. Robert De Niro

Whilst comfort is key for a number of stars, many also prefer RVs because of its convenience in different work situations. Hollywood star Robert De Niro is one such RV owner. His $2 million motor coach has made headlines because of its lavish amenities but it has also served useful for his particular profession.
Thus, his three-story motorhome doubles as a makeup room and dressing area as well as being capable of housing close to 30 people. Of course, there are a number of fancy features that are present as a bit of luxurious indulgence like the 11 plasma televisions and climate control system.

Wheel Life: Robert De Niro's motor coach hit of Pennsylvania RV show

Robert De Niro's motor coach hit of Pennsylvania RV show

Robert De Niro’s luxury $2 million dollar motor coach was the hit of the 38th annual Pennsylvania R.V. and Camping Show in Hershey, Penn.

In a New York Times article, Cindy Price writes: "Mr. De Niro’s unusual vehicle is a tractor-trailer designed as a two-story moving makeup, wardrobe and dressing room with room enough for 30 people to view daily footage during the shooting of a movie."

"De Niro uses his R.V., which has a retractable second floor, a winding staircase, a pull-out bed and 11 plasma televisions — for film shoots. Ron Anderson, whose company, Anderson Mobile Estates, designed the vehicle, said it has also frequently been used by other stars, including Mariah Carey, Will Smith and Vin Diesel. The cast of “American Idol” recently sat on the curved leather banquettes, and a few weeks ago Tyra Banks’s stilettos left dimples in the wood floor," writes Price.

Read more in "R.V. Shows: Over the Top and on the Road"

Image: FEATURE ATTRACTION Robert De Niro’s two-story R.V. made a stop in Hershey, Pa., on the R.V. show circuit. Taylor Umlauf for The New York Times.
Old 03-30-2011, 10:33 PM   #19

Trailer: Scamp 13 ft
Registry
Here's another one:

RVs in the News: Hollywood stars compete to build biggest RVs

Sunday, September 30, 2007 Hollywood stars compete to build biggest RVs

Hollywood stars are vying for more than Oscars these days. Some are duking it out to see who can build the biggest, baddest motorhome., Will Smith and Robert De Niro are among the big names that are building behemoth .

So far, De Niro is winning, with a three-story coach that's 1,192 feet of living space, complete with a super climate control system that can cool the inside to its optimal temperature within 15 minutes. Just about everything in the coach can operate by remote control including its 12 high definition TVs. When the star wants to screen a new film, he can invite his friends to the 30-seat home theatre.

Other celebs with super comfy coaches include Mariah Carey, Vin Diesel, Nicole Richie, Ice Cube . . . to name a few.

The interiors of each are plush, modeled after luxury yachts -- designed with each of their owners in mind. Smith's includes cowhide pillows, African masks and chessboards. And for when he wants to "make some music," there's a studio where he can do it while the kids stay occupied in their own playroom. Oh, yes, there's a dance floor, too.

Don't look for any of these rigs in your local National Forest campground.

Photos: Robert De Niro at the of an RV, and the inside of his luxury rig.
Old 03-31-2011, 11:26 AM   #20

Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie T. View Post
I remember seeing this on a TV special a few years ago and remembered it was owned by Robert De Niro. I googled it and found several articles about it. Here are a few:

Recreational Vehicles are not just the favorite means of travel and living for the average Joe. However, in recent years, a number of celebrities have fallen in love with the freedom provided by RVs. Touted as the perfect home away from home, more and more famous people are queuing up to nab an RV.
Here are some of the big names involved.
8. Robert De Niro

Whilst comfort is key for a number of stars, many also prefer RVs because of its convenience in different work situations. Hollywood star Robert De Niro is one such RV owner. His $2 million motor coach has made headlines because of its lavish amenities but it has also served useful for his particular profession.
Thus, his three-story motorhome doubles as a makeup room and dressing area as well as being capable of housing close to 30 people. Of course, there are a number of fancy features that are present as a bit of luxurious indulgence like the 11 plasma televisions and climate control system.

Wheel Life: Robert De Niro's motor coach hit of Pennsylvania RV show

Robert De Niro's motor coach hit of Pennsylvania RV show

Robert De Niro’s luxury $2 million dollar motor coach was the hit of the 38th annual Pennsylvania R.V. and Camping Show in Hershey, Penn.

In a New York Times article, Cindy Price writes: "Mr. De Niro’s unusual vehicle is a tractor-trailer designed as a two-story moving makeup, wardrobe and dressing room with room enough for 30 people to view daily footage during the shooting of a movie."

"De Niro uses his R.V., which has a retractable second floor, a winding staircase, a pull-out bed and 11 plasma televisions — for film shoots. Ron Anderson, whose company, Anderson Mobile Estates, designed the vehicle, said it has also frequently been used by other stars, including Mariah Carey, Will Smith and Vin Diesel. The cast of “American Idol” recently sat on the curved leather banquettes, and a few weeks ago Tyra Banks’s stilettos left dimples in the wood floor," writes Price.

Read more in "R.V. Shows: Over the Top and on the Road"

Image: FEATURE ATTRACTION Robert De Niro’s two-story R.V. made a stop in Hershey, Pa., on the R.V. show circuit. Taylor Umlauf for The New York Times.
Do you think any of those over rich people ever Boondocked in a state park? NOT.
Closed Thread