Thom and Cari's Parkliner - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-27-2013, 10:49 PM   #41

Name: deryk
Trailer: 2012 Parkliner 2010 V6 Nissan Frontier 4x4
New Jersey
Registry
I wish we had nicer even weather here.... but at retirement I can head any way I want to lol

deryk
deryk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 06:55 AM   #42

Name: Tim
Trailer: 2006 Casita
New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by accrete View Post
Thanks Tim. Happy to join the Parlkiner family, and happy big time because it's an Egg !

Thanks also for any behind the scene assistance in our search (you know what i'm talkin' about : )

Thom
No problem. Sure glad that there is going to be another on the West coast. And a big thanks to Pete & Linda for giving you the tour.
Tim Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 09:28 AM   #43

Name: Thom
Trailer: Chevy AWD Van Conversion
Astoria Oregon
Registry
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by deryk View Post
I wish we had nicer even weather here.... but at retirement I can head any way I want to lol

deryk
You're still such a youn'un ...by the time you retire the polar caps might be down to florida OR that silly global warming thing will get rid of the caps all together and North America will have ~30 percent less land as the coast line receded under all that ice melt!
Archive: Parkliner #35 build thread
accrete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 11:18 AM   #44

New Jersey
Registry
Lol
Old 01-28-2013, 03:05 PM   #45

Astoria Oregon
Registry
Talking

i really hope the ice caps don't melt cuz that would mean San Francisco would be underwater...

which would mean my next trip around Star Fleet Headquarters won't be in my favorite City by the Bay. I soooo wanna sign up.
Old 03-21-2013, 12:17 PM   #46

Astoria Oregon
Registry
Exclamation

an update and some personal observations during our order/build process...

#1 Just so we are clear...The main ~30 minute call i had with Chandler the day before placing my order/sending deposit was amazing! I really appreciated the time and thoughts he shared with me on that call.

#2 I realized going in that Parkliner was a start up and all that might include.

#3 I'm glad i meditate because for me, leaving voicemail after voicemail unanswerd by anyone at Parkliner has caused my Zen-ness to fade some. I really, really need to put on my headphones with my river-recording and think good thoughts.

Today's VM led to a return call from Chandler about an hour later and we did talk for some time. Delivery-pickup date is Monday April 8 for our transporter.

During this process I have placed maybe 6 calls-to-voice-mail (no one answered) to PL requesting a final price (Chandler was swapping out the slider window at galley with one similar to the front shower vent-style window. + installing a MaxxAir MaxxFan rather than FantasticFan). I have received no return calls. Two other calls were actually answered by Chandler. Both calls he stated he would get back to me...neither time he did so.

So i don't know what to think of all this except that for now, in the growing-pains of startup... Don't Expect Much Communication! BUT BUT...let me say this again...Chandler as a person and businessman is doing probably everything that can be expected with such a small crew at this time.

My bottom line for any who come this way?
Get Your Zen On... it may be the ticket to seeing you through this process with a smile

Thom
Old 03-21-2013, 01:16 PM   #47

Name: Cathy
Trailer: Parkliner
North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by accrete View Post
an update and some personal observations during our order/build process...

#1 Just so we are clear...The main ~30 minute call i had with Chandler the day before placing my order/sending deposit was amazing! I really appreciated the time and thoughts he shared with me on that call.

#2 I realized going in that Parkliner was a start up and all that might include.

#3 I'm glad i meditate because for me, leaving voicemail after voicemail unanswerd by anyone at Parkliner has caused my Zen-ness to fade some. I really, really need to put on my headphones with my river-recording and think good thoughts.

Today's VM led to a return call from Chandler about an hour later and we did talk for some time. Delivery-pickup date is Monday April 8 for our transporter.

During this process I have placed maybe 6 calls-to-voice-mail (no one answered) to PL requesting a final price (Chandler was swapping out the slider window at galley with one similar to the front shower vent-style window. + installing a MaxxAir MaxxFan rather than FantasticFan). I have received no return calls. Two other calls were actually answered by Chandler. Both calls he stated he would get back to me...neither time he did so.

So i don't know what to think of all this except that for now, in the growing-pains of startup... Don't Expect Much Communication! BUT BUT...let me say this again...Chandler as a person and businessman is doing probably everything that can be expected with such a small crew at this time.

My bottom line for any who come this way?
Get Your Zen On... it may be the ticket to seeing you through this process with a smile

Thom
Thom, if you have ever visited the factory, you'll know that Chandler is stretched so thin he could be used in nanotechnology. Bill serves as our contact with Chandler, and he reports better communication via email. It may take a couple of days, and Bill has on rare occasion had to resend, but Chandler will get to it. There is a Customer Service person coming on line in May. Of course, by that time, you'll be out camping somewhere. The good news... These growing pains result from a great product that is catching on! We can't wait to pick ours up in June.

Enjoy your Parkliner, and hope to see you on the road!

Dog House Cathy
The Dog House is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 02:05 PM   #48
Raz

Trailer: Trillium 2010
It looks like Parkliner has been discovered judging by all the " just ordered" announcements we're seeing. No surprise. If they were around 3 years ago...

There are only so many hours in the day. Their focus is on the one they are building now. Sounds like you are up soon. The real measure will be how you are treated after the sale should there be issues. Raz
Raz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 06:53 PM   #49

Astoria Oregon
Registry
Talking

I got my Zen-On

OK, my friends would say i'm a no-drama, level-headed guy...and for the most part they are right! This experience sort of reminded me of our first child's "Due Date". Yea Right.

Anywhoooooo, Cari and eye spent the afternoon looking over the FB photos at the PL page and day-dreamed ourselves into a state of full-on-bliss imagining the little egg on our adventures this season.

Something i should have done before i worked myself into a bit of silly-stress. I mean sheeeeesh... stressing out over the timing/etc... with something as extraneous as a home-on-wheels to make camping life cool? (OK so we are also looking at this as our future retirement getaway).
Old 03-21-2013, 09:47 PM   #50

North Carolina
The day after you pick it up, this will fade into the past... And if you remember to do it, let us all know how great that feels.
Dog House Cathy
Old 03-21-2013, 10:59 PM   #51

Astoria Oregon
Registry
Wink

Oh for sure i'll be on my PL Soapbox or Rooftop
Old 03-21-2013, 11:02 PM   #52

New Jersey
Registry
Join the Club lol!

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.... J.R.R. Tolkien
Old 03-22-2013, 10:00 AM   #53

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
"The day after you pick it up, this will fade into the past."

Not sure I agree. Everyone thinks different, but my mind wonders... you might be dealing with this lack of communication for a long time over your ownership calling for parts, questions, warranty issues ETC. The more sold the more people call them, the longer you wait on the phone with their current one man operation setup. Will hiring one other person solve this? We shall see. Thanks for sharing all your feedback for others here accrete.
Ken C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 10:12 AM   #54

North Carolina
Good point. We live in NC, where proximity to the factory makes it easy to stop by for a chat, or to pick up a part. I do think that hiring someone to deal with phone calls will help, though!
Old 03-22-2013, 04:18 PM   #55

Astoria Oregon
Registry
Ken & Cathy i see both your POVs and i'm split as this all may relate to cari's and my rig...

I can see Ken's POV and agree IF our rig had the typical RV appliances. Though as mentioned in this thread we really don't have much of anything in the way of things to _fall apart_ except i suppose having manufacturing issues with the frame or shell?? And I do realize nothing out there is perfect and there could be odds and ends that need tweaking now and again for sure. So in that respect, getting replacement parts could be an issue with our west coast location combined with the current communication situation.

On hiring...Chandler has a retired fellow coming on board in May as Cathy mentioned so this should help. And once i have some PL time under my belt i might be able to assist in some after hours calls since i'm on the west coast...technology/phone-transfering is able to do lots in this area.

Thom
Old 03-23-2013, 06:46 AM   #56

North Carolina
I'm new at FiberglassRV, but I haven't noticed any posts from PL owners that complain about things breaking down, although everyone experiences those kinds of things over the years.

I am mentally prepared for a little hitch or two in our shakedown. We have purchased two newly manufactured boats in the past, and there's always something that needs a bit of tweaking in the beginning. But then again, I won't be surprised if it goes perfectly in the Parkliner! It's a whole lot simpler than a boat.

We plan to spend our first night aboard at the Oak Hollow Family Campground in High Point. It is an inexpensive, clean, very nice campground. If we experience problems, it's ~40 minutes back to Parkliner and ~20 minutes to Camping World. [Note: it's impossible to get a reservation at Oak Hollow during High Point's Furniture Market. This year, FM is on April 20-25 and October 19-24.]

Can't wait to hear how your delivery goes, and can't wait for ours!
Old 03-23-2013, 01:16 PM   #57

Astoria Oregon
Registry

The PL will be cari's and my second _new_ purchase on a small rv. The first was an A-Liner we pulled behind a v6 4x4 Tacoma. Never an issue...so hoping the same (as you are) with the PL behind our v8 AWD Van Conversion.

When looking for our full-time rig we purposely went used (38ft 5th wheel Mobile Suite) partly because we had hoped to avoid the new-rig-shake-down that is typical with all new big rvs...and as you pointed out with all the systems you sort of expect something to need some adjusting. Our used rig has been great for the time we've had it (zero issues the first 1.5 years), and the prior owners kept it immaculate-as-new condition.

Sounds like you will enjoy your shake down camping come summer.
Cheers,
Thom
Old 03-23-2013, 03:07 PM   #58

Name: Brian
Trailer: 2013 ParkLiner
Upstate New York
Keeping your Zen on!

Thom,
I've had an eerie sense of deja vu catching up on this thread. From the communications issues to the thanks to Tim (yup, same Tim) for his help in the decision making process.

We have had the luxury of time, having placed our order/deposit in mid-November, and setting our pick-up date way back then. Dealing with a start-up firm was a bit intimidating, but Chandler has always responded when we needed more information. Perhaps not as quickly as desired, but as quickly as necessary, which is as good if one can just relax a little. Chandler obviously cares deeply about the ParkLiner and I, for one, would rather have him in the shop insuring the quality of the product even if it causes communication to suffer a bit. I'm sure it frustrates him more than me that he can't instantly respond to every phone call or email. On the other hand, he doesn't want to add office staff until they are thoroughly familiar with the product.

Another week and a half and we'll be in NC to find out if he got everything right. No worries at this point. We intend to take lots of pix as we spend a leisurely four days camping our way back home.

I expect your unit will either be on the production floor or be completed and awaiting pick-up by your shipper while we are in Gibsonville. Should we keep you in suspense or would you like a first hand report?

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.
Brian M. in NY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 03:25 PM   #59

Astoria Oregon
Registry
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian M. in NY View Post
Thom,
I've had an eerie sense of deja vu catching up on this thread. ...
... Should we keep you in suspense or would you like a first hand report?
If your post had been on face book i could have clicked the "Like" button!

I do feel Chandler will take the necessary time with each unit to make sure it is worthy of his seal of approval, and yes, that's where he is appreciated i'm sure.

Thanks for the words of encouragement for all who come this way.
Thom
Old 04-02-2013, 08:26 PM   #60

Astoria Oregon
Registry
Smile

Many thanks to Brian for sharing these photos of his visit to the Parkliner facility this week!

Here is a shot of the shop floor:

Here is their unit on the outside:

Our rig's exterior (notice the smaller window cutout near door. It was our request Chandler utilize a window of similar design to the one in shower - hinge at top design as to allow all weather use in the rainy PNW) :

And our rig's interior (dual batteries will go under street side bench. and water tank and fill/access under curb side bench). We chose this because we fill our tanks with river water after filtering by a Katadyn Base Camp. Water tank access on curb side gives convenient access from camp) :

Happy Trails,
Thom

Tags
parkliner