Thom and Cari's Parkliner - Page 5 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-14-2013, 09:10 PM   #81

Name: Thom
Trailer: Chevy AWD Van Conversion
Astoria Oregon
Registry
Exclamation

Here are some interior shots.

This shows the rear made up into a U shaped sitting area (note the coco throw pillows we purchased from Costco) :

This is the rear made up with table for four:

Here is the galley. We purchased an 18" x 18" tile from home depot and placed it on the counter with rubber-shelf liner under.
Also note; we asked for the microwave oven to be omitted. This meant we could also ask that the MW shelf be omitted and have the light that was mounted under the MW shelf mounted higher up and under the upper most cabinet. We like the clean look. Remember from our original post that our style of camping is completely off grid except for any Egg-Family-Gatherings.

Here is a shot looking forward to the shower door & closet to the right:

Here is the shower showing the bamboo foot area from Camping World:

Here is the streetside dinette. you can see one of the black stadium seats we purchased at Costco...they work great and also came with a nice throw/wrap blanket:

I'll be doing some detailing this week and keep updates coming.
Feel free to ask any Q's and ...
Happy Trails!

Thom (& Cari)
Archive: Parkliner #35 build thread
accrete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 09:48 PM   #82

Name: Linda
Trailer: '77 Scamp
California
Registry
Its really beautiful. You must be very excited. When's the first outing?
Otters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 09:56 PM   #83

Name: deryk
Trailer: 2012 Parkliner 2010 V6 Nissan Frontier 4x4
New Jersey
Registry
Looks Awesome Thom! Congradulations on your new Baby! I really like the new colour interior wood. Ive thought about sanding mine down and doin something a little different like an oak stain.

I hope you guys have many Grand Adventures in her!

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.... J.R.R. Tolkien
deryk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 11:56 PM   #84

Trailer: 2007 Casita
Congrats! How fun, but I am sure frustrating waiting for it to arrive. Sounds like a good driver, cause we definetly had some crazy winds here in CO so I can only imagine how they were in WY. Glad it arrived safely! Enjoy it!
Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 04:47 AM   #85

Name: Brian
Trailer: 2013 ParkLiner
Upstate New York
Congrats Thom & Cari,
It's beautiful! You've obviously done a lot in preparation for arrival to customize. Love the bamboo floor in the bathroom but I don't think it would work with our installed toilet. Many happy travels and find lots of gold! Both the memories and the shiny stuff in the river!

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.
Brian M. in NY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 04:50 AM   #86

Name: Tim
Trailer: 2006 Casita
New York
Thom, Congrats on the new trailer, really like the cushion material. I think you will enjoy the trailer very much.
Tim Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 05:15 AM   #87

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Look at that! Very, very nice Thom and Cari... I can't wait to see it at the NOG. THANKS for posting the pictures!!!!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 05:55 AM   #88
Raz

Trailer: Trillium 2010
I have enjoyed your posts from choosing to arrival. Thanks for sharing. Like you, I bought a trailer sight unseen and had it delivered across the country. Not for the faint of heart. Congratulations, enjoy your new egg. Raz
Raz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 06:48 AM   #89

Trailer: Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Thom
Congratulations on your new trailer. A really clean looking trailer. I like the kitchen counter with no range but I have to have my MW. I see that PL is going to offer a counter extension shelf later this year for more counter space.
Eddie
Eddie Longest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 08:37 AM   #90

Astoria Oregon
Registry
Thumbs up

i checked mail before heading for work this morning...WOW, thank you all for the well wishes and questions/comments. I will be back after work to share my thoughts.

Cheers,
Thom
Old 04-15-2013, 09:22 AM   #91

Name: Francesca Knowles
Trailer: '78 Trillium 4500
Jefferson County, Washington State, U.S.A.
Registry
Beautiful!

Didja sleep in her last night? I'd be so excited I'd just have to...

Francesca
Francesca Knowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 01:11 PM   #92

Upstate New York
Just took ours for state DMV inspection this morning (which in NY is done by licensed car dealers / repair shops) Of course it passed with flying colors, but took twice as long as normal because I had to give tours to half the employees at the dealership! Don't know what is required in WA, but be prepared to draw attention.

Old 04-15-2013, 10:05 PM   #93

Astoria Oregon
Registry
finally back in from doodling in the ParkLiner...

OK some replies...
First outing is planned for the upcoming NOG at end of April. Cari & eye are looking forward to meeting other EggHeads

Wood color...i think it is just clear varnish over marine grade ply? Very simple and duplicatable if accessories are in the works.

On the transporter...I believe anyone who hires Roger to deliver their rig will be pleased!

On bamboo floor in the bathroom...LOL if it had been even 1/2" wider it would not have fit! What are the chances?

On cushion material...it is a nice sort of uplifting natural color. Our first choice was what we saw in the earlier models (teal i think), but this will do.

We are looking forward to the NOG also...our maiden voyage with our Bed & Breakfast.

On Buying sight unseen...definitely Not for the faint of heart as stated by Raz! BUT IMO if one does their homework, with the beauty of the internet, good digital images, and a great forum to ask lots of questions...It can, and has been done with a positive outcome.

LOL...on "Clean looking trailer"... yea it is. After a quick look by a neighbor, they asked me where all the outside vents and holes were. There are none

Did we sleep in her? Nope. Probably never will. Our van conversion, as mentioned elsewhere, has the most amazing sleep system in it. No need to duplicate a wonderful bed&bath in the PL. . . which we will use for entertaining, dinning, and showers.

DMV...we will head over to the Astoria Oregon office probably Wednesday and ready ourselves for giving some tours

Thank you again for all the well-wishes. I hope this thread can be a tool for others who pass this way.

Happy Trails,
Thom
Old 04-16-2013, 04:45 PM   #94

Astoria Oregon
Registry
Lightbulb

Tried out the MaxxAir MaxxFan 5100k...

(images from the MaxxAir website)

Closed...heading down the highway:

Open...In camp rain or shine:

This fan has a step-less adjustable speed setting which i did not expect (guess i should read more! LOL)...this is sooooo much nicer than the Fantastic Fan on our van with its High/Med/Low switch. On high it pulls just as much air out the cabin as our Fantastic Fan without rain hood...so for any who may wonder...The MaxxAir MaxxFan really works great!

Now that i know it does as well as the reviewers state i'll order one up for our van conversion.

on a completely silly note... for any ParkLiner owners that happen to know their hull/build number and want to have a PL# forum avatar like you see in mine shoot me your hull # and i'll get it right off to you. Nothing like showing some ParkLiner LUV in the forum?
Old 04-16-2013, 05:18 PM   #95

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
I have the MaxFan. You can drive down the road with it open. Just pull down on the knob that opens and closes it and it will lock in that position.
Glenn Baglo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 05:28 PM   #96

Astoria Oregon
Registry
thanks for the MaxxFan tip Glenn!
Old 04-16-2013, 05:37 PM   #97

Upstate New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by accrete View Post
Tried out the MaxxAir MaxxFan 5100k...

on a completely silly note... for any ParkLiner owners that happen to know their hull/build number and want to have a PL# forum avatar like you see in mine shoot me your hull # and i'll get it right off to you. Nothing like showing some ParkLiner LUV in the forum?
If I'd only known about the MaxxAir.... It has been pouring buckets here most of the day, although with temp in the low 50s the need for heat would trump the need for additional ventilation, at least today. Nice looking unit.

As for the completely silly note, nothing silly about it. I laid out the pattern for my campsite sign this afternoon and I'll post a photo before I take chisel to wood. Thanks for taking the time to produce the avatar.

Old 04-16-2013, 07:02 PM   #98

Astoria Oregon
Registry
Lightbulb

Just ordered one of these Tradesman Tongue Boxes from Costco to put our 2000 watt Yamaha generator/gas in:

Old 04-16-2013, 07:21 PM   #99

Upstate New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by accrete View Post
Just ordered one of these Tradesman Tongue Boxes from Costco to put our 2000 watt Yamaha generator/gas in:
Have one of the plastic versions from the Northern folks on my teardrop. Very handy for chocks, level blocks, hoses, etc. Didn't want to add the weight of our Honda EU2000i when our tug was a Forester. Had to add weatherstripping to prevent rain/water intrusion. Hopefully the aluminum version already has that in place. I'd love to have one on the ParkLiner, but with the dual propane tanks, the tongue is fully subscribed.

Old 04-16-2013, 07:31 PM   #100

Name: deryk
Trailer: 2012 Parkliner 2010 V6 Nissan Frontier 4x4
New Jersey
Registry
yeah i wish i had room for my Yamaha ef2400 on my tongue too lol. right now its sitting in the doorway i might stick it in the shower and see how much the tongue weight goes up moving it 18' forward lol

i like the look of theat MaxxAir....it does seem to rain and the fantastic fan is right over my bed so the idea of not waking up to getting wet has some serious appeal.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.... J.R.R. Tolkien
deryk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
parkliner