Thousands visit desert to while away winter - Fiberglass RV
RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Old 01-31-2018, 07:31 AM   #1

Name: John Michael
Trailer: Scamp 13
Madison, Wisconsin
Thousands visit desert to while away winter

The Talk of Quartzsite

QUARTZSITE, Ariz., Jan. 28 - ''Let me tell you my definition of retirement,'' said Eugene Wranitzky of Kyle, Tex. ''Retirement isn't sitting around, it's doing what you want to do when you want to. This is what I want to be doing, and this is where I want to be doing it.'' At that point, Mr. Wranitzky was here in the middle of the Sonoran Desert trying to sell his homemade rock-polishing equipment to some of the thousands of others for whom retirement is also not sitting around.

More at this link

Or here

Or The Real Burning Man

All from the New York Times, 10 free articles per month.

Enjoy
John Linck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 03:09 PM   #2

Name: David
Trailer: Scamp 13 ft
California
Town of a dozen houses . . ?

[QUOTE=John Linck;681872]The Talk of Quartzsite

QUARTZSITE, Ariz., Jan. 28 - ''Let me tell you my definition of retirement,'' said Eugene Wranitzky of Kyle, Tex. ''Retirement isn't sitting around, it's doing what you want to do when you want to. This is what I want to be doing, and this is where I want to be doing it.'' At that point, Mr. Wranitzky was here in the middle of the Sonoran Desert trying to sell his homemade rock-polishing equipment to some of the thousands of others for whom retirement is also not sitting around.
--------------- <o> -------------
An interesting article about Quarzsite , but real houses have been there for years: some are single wides or double wides or factory built homes, but on foundation blocks and with built-on carports and patios. In the last 5+ years many large homes have been built , many with extra big garages or carports for RV. These shown are are the very east side of town, near the new big library and public buildings. David in Fresno and Sonora, CA
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_4988.jpg   IMG_4989.jpg  

IMG_4992.jpg   IMG_4994.jpg  

DavidG is offline   Reply With Quote