Tire pressure monitoring systems - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 12-23-2019, 11:38 AM   #21

Name: Russ
Trailer: 2020 25 RQ
British Columbia
Just a quick comment about tire age.
As a recently retired Collision Reconstructionist, the age of a tire is extremely important whether or not the tread appears suitable...especially on an RV that tends to be stationary and exposed to “the elements.” There is no magic age, but after 5-7 years ( and depending on mileage) I would personally consider changing them out.

The biggest advantage I see with the TPMS system is reducing the collateral damage to the trailer/RV if a tire failure occurred. Obviously a “blow out” will alert you one way or another (hopefully!)...but....a slow leak on a tandem axle trailer ( for example ) may not and therefore towed farther than desired and missing the opportunity to pull over before further damage occurs.
Russ Foster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2019, 12:27 PM   #22

Name: R.W. Rick
Trailer: Bigfoot 2500 25B175CB
Alberta
Food for Thought;

I too had been looking for a Two Sensor Unit; but could only find Four Sensor Units.

My Tow Rig has Tire Monitors, but not the Tow Rig Spare Tire and of course the Trailer Spare Tire did not have a Monitor.

Now Single Axle Trailer has Tire Monitors, Trailer Spare and Tow Rig Spare now have Tire Monitors.

Overkill, maybe; Peace of Mind; well worth it.
Tug Hercules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2019, 04:06 PM   #23

Name: Gordon
Trailer: 2015 Scamp (16 Std Layout 4) with '15 Toyota Sienna LE Tug
North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tug Hercules View Post
Food for Thought;

I too had been looking for a Two Sensor Unit; but could only find Four Sensor Units.
TST does currently sell two sensor kits.. it is not cheap ($250) but it does include the "upgraded" color display and a repeater. I think the TST 2 sensor kits with older display and no repeater were cheaper and thats what I first bought. Thats the one you likely cannot find now.
gordon2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 03:53 PM   #24

Name: Elliott
Trailer: Bigfoot
Everywhere
I've honestly had great luck so far with two of the cheap sensor systems off of Amazon. Not as fancy, but cheap and they seem to get the job done. Saved me at least one blowout when I had a slow leak from a nail.
I got this one a few years ago: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B074M5335H
and it's done fairly well. For the new Bigfoot, I got what seems to be a newer revision of it:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07TSXXZJM
which also seems to work fine.
Defenestrator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2022, 11:09 AM   #25

Name: Natalie
Trailer: ford
mexico
I went on Rte 301 in Virginia about two miles from the Nice Bridge. My tire lost 20lbs of pressure and kept failing. Thankfully, the Tymate tire pressure monitoring system alerted me to a loss of pressure in the rear right tire on my dual-axle fifth-wheel camper. I like the ability of this device to monitor three tire parameters in real-time, including tire pressure (current, low, and high), temperature, and air leaks quickly. The last person I love. There's also a low battery indicator for the sensor, allowing RV owners to determine when the part needs replacing.
Natalie21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2022, 06:42 PM   #26

Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tug Hercules View Post
Food for Thought;

My Tow Rig has Tire Monitors, but not the Tow Rig Spare Tire and of course the Trailer Spare Tire did not have a Monitor.

Now Single Axle Trailer has Tire Monitors, Trailer Spare and Tow Rig Spare now have Tire Monitors.

Overkill, maybe; Peace of Mind; well worth it.
floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2022, 10:40 PM   #27

Name: Natalie
Trailer: ford
mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natalie21 View Post
I went on Rte 301 in Virginia about two miles from the Nice Bridge. My tire lost 20lbs of pressure and kept failing. Thankfully, the Tymate tire pressure monitoring system alerted me to a loss of pressure in the rear right tire on my dual-axle fifth-wheel camper. I like the ability of this device to monitor three tire parameters in real-time, including tire pressure (current, low, and high), temperature, and air leaks quickly. The last person I love. There's also a low battery indicator for the sensor, allowing RV owners to determine when the part needs replacing.
The Tymate tire pressure monitoring system for RV trailers has six advanced sensors with a signal range of 45 feet, sufficient to cover Class A RVs. I am pleased the company includes a signal repeater with the TPMS, perfect for ensuring signal stability amidst interferences and obstacles.
Natalie21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2022, 10:04 AM   #28

Name: John
Trailer: T@B
British Columbia
I would like to find a two sensor system that reports to a smart phone. I really don't want another monitor in the vehicle.
Travellers is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bigfoot