To leave as original or splash out? Unsure if I'm keeping 1969 Erica Puck - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-05-2020, 05:53 PM   #1

Name: Gigi
Trailer: 1972 Lovebug 1970 Eriba Puck 1991 Mallard Sprinter Class C
Minnesota & Arizona
To leave as original or splash out? Unsure if I'm keeping 1969 Erica Puck

Greetings! I'd like your opinion, please?

I have two lovely little campers and don't know if I need two. I live in a northern state but winter in Arizona. I really like my Love Bug and could easily take it with me when I go south. I think I'm so attached to my Love Bug, I've enjoyed her so much, and she's perfectly situated for my art, I'm just not bonding with my Puck.

The Erica Puck is very much in original condition. I've seen photos and videos and it really has all the items intact.

If I sell, am I going to get a better sales price if I leave it as is? I wouldn't mind having the exterior painted. There are a few chips. Or, do I leave it?

Thank you! Looking forward to hearing from you!
Artist Chic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 06:41 PM   #2

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
I think you will have no trouble selling your Puck as it is. They have quite a loyal following. Be sure to list them on the VW forums, too.
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 09:12 PM   #3

Name: Mike
Trailer: Escape 21 & Jeep GC 5.7 (Previous 2012 Casita FD17 & 2010 Audi Q5)
Puget Sound, WA
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtistChic View Post
The Erica Puck is very much in original condition. I've seen photos and videos and it really has all the items intact.

If I sell, am I going to get a better sales price if I leave it as is? I wouldn't mind having the exterior painted. There are a few chips. Or, do I leave it?

Thank you! Looking forward to hearing from you!
An enthusiast will want to do the work themselves or have it done to their specification.

If you paint it, it might appeal to a casual buyer and it "might" bring a bit more money.

There's a risk here that a paint job might create additional work down the road as it would require quite a bit to properly prepare the trailer and apply the correct coating system.

Personally, I think it would be nice if you sold it as-is, but in the end it's your trailer to do with as you please.

Civilguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 10:13 PM   #4

Trailer: 13 ft Boler
Registry
I agree with leaving the Puck as is, spend the money on your Love Bug
where you will get to enjoy it.
Fred
Old 05-06-2020, 05:01 AM   #5

Minnesota & Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon in AZ View Post
I think you will have no trouble selling your Puck as it is. They have quite a loyal following. Be sure to list them on the VW forums, too.
Thanks, Jon. You're always so kind.

I love my Puck, it's beautiful and unique. With my rheumatoid arthritis, I just have to scale back on projects. In all honesty, I'd rather paint than work on my toys these days.
Old 05-06-2020, 05:04 AM   #6

Minnesota & Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Civilguy View Post
An enthusiast will want to do the work themselves or have it done to their specification.

If you paint it, it might appeal to a casual buyer and it "might" bring a bit more money.

There's a risk here that a paint job might create additional work down the road as it would require quite a bit to properly prepare the trailer and apply the correct coating system.

Personally, I think it would be nice if you sold it as-is, but in the end it's your trailer to do with as you please.
Civilguy. I think you are right. People who buy these will want to make it their own.

You are correct about painting her, too. We've all seen bad paint jobs here.

Thanks for weighing in.
Old 05-06-2020, 05:07 AM   #7

Minnesota & Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by FRED SMAILES View Post
I agree with leaving the Puck as is, spend the money on your Love Bug
where you will get to enjoy it.
Fred
Thanks, Fred!

I'm very interested in creating a Lithium power pack/solar to use in my golfcart-camper-sailboat. The money would be useful in that endeavor.

Cheers!
Old 05-06-2020, 05:12 AM   #8

Minnesota & Arizona
*Eriba Puck -auto correct hits again!

Yes, I do know the name of my camper is Eriba Puck! 😎. I even changed it from Erica to Eriba!

(Btw, I was on the forum as OilPainter. I lost my email password with no recovery options. )

Cheers!
Old 05-06-2020, 11:15 AM   #9

Trailer: 13 ft Scamp
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtistChic View Post
Yes, I do know the name of my camper is Eriba Puck! [emoji41]. I even changed it from Erica to Eriba!

(Btw, I was on the forum as OilPainter. I lost my email password with no recovery options. )

Cheers!

I might be interested in your puck
Could you send me some pictures of interior and exterior along with how much you want ( I’m in Denver area)
My email is cahartz@hotmail.com
Or if easier you can text me at
805-338-8423
Thanks
Alan
alan H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 12:23 PM   #10

Trailer: 13 ft Compact II
Registry
Hi Ria, fellow artist and camper here. I am interested in the Eriba Puck, sold as is. Could you send photos, please? What are you asking? I'm currently in San Diego but live in northwest WA state most of the year.

Thanks, Fran
email: ftlebowitz@gmail.com
francene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 11:58 AM   #11

Minnesota & Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by alan H View Post
I might be interested in your puck
Could you send me some pictures of interior and exterior along with how much you want ( I’m in Denver area)
My email is cahartz@hotmail.com
Or if easier you can text me at
805-338-8423
Thanks
Alan
Hello, Alan

As I indicated, I'm a bit unsure if I will part with her. I will keep your contact information, however, and should I decide to sell will contact you.

Many thanks for your interest.
Ria
Old 05-08-2020, 12:02 PM   #12

Minnesota & Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by francene View Post
Hi Ria, fellow artist and camper here. I am interested in the Eriba Puck, sold as is. Could you send photos, please? What are you asking? I'm currently in San Diego but live in northwest WA state most of the year.

Thanks, Fran
email: ftlebowitz@gmail.com
Hello, Fran
Nice to meet another artist here.

If I decide to part with her, I will definitely let you know. She is a pretty little thing and has been garaged for the 12 years of not always.

The interior has real cushions, orange and real curtains, pale turquoise appliances. The pop up top is orange.

There is a 1970 Eriba Puck in YouTube very much like mine. Jim Ferreria or something like that.

Thank you for your kind interest.
Ria
Old 05-08-2020, 05:51 PM   #13

Trailer: 13 ft Compact II
Registry
Hi Ria,
Thank you for replying back. I did watch the youtubes you recommended as showing a very similar trailer to yours. Please keep me informed if you decide to sell it. Till then, enjoy your Love Bug.

Fran
ftlebowitz@gmail.com
francene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 10:46 AM   #14

Name: Judith
Trailer: Eriba Puck
NC
Wish I had a place to park it. I sold my 1975 Puck because of lack of space. I named it Reba.
Judith Neville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 03:07 PM   #15

Minnesota & Arizona
Sorry to hear this, Judith. Perhaps you'll have another some day.

I really love looking at the Puck, she is pretty.

Maybe I'm too hung up on her being in original condition and the need to preserve a well-designed, aesthetically pleasing vehicle. She's made to camp in, after all. ☺

My boyfriend has a 1987 Mercedes convertible that I feel much the same way about. It's fun but "treat with care".

Funny, after telling him I was thinking about selling the Puck, he offered his car as my TV.

Pacific Coast Highway with the Puck behind a Mercedes convertible...could be fun.
Old 05-17-2020, 09:45 PM   #16

Trailer: Boler
There is a European facebook page for Eriba Pucks that has pictures of Pucks being towed by Mini-coopers, Citroen 2CV's and Triumph sports cars. They really are designed to be towed by almost anything. I plan on towing mine with any one of my three vintage Land Rovers. I've owned two Pucks and a Triton (plus a Boler, UHaul and Escape) - the Puck is my favorite.
Attached Thumbnails
Puck&Defender2.jpg  
Jack Walter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 10:37 PM   #17

Name: Judith
Trailer: Eriba Puck
NC
I pulled mine with a '66 VW bus. I made the bus the bedroom and the Puck was living quarters.
Judith Neville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2020, 12:01 PM   #18

Minnesota & Arizona
So cool!.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judith Neville View Post
I pulled mine with a '66 VW bus. I made the bus the bedroom and the Puck was living quarters.
The would have been an awesome combination, Judith! E

A friend of mine said that combo was $177,000 at the Barret Jackson auto show a few years ago. Both were original and very nice.

Photos of yours?
Old 05-18-2020, 05:11 PM   #19

Name: To Infinity & Beyond!
Trailer: 1985 Uhaul VT-16 Vacationer, 1957 Avion R20 & 1977 Argosy 6.0 Minuet
Tennessee
Personally from my perspective the Old Vintage Pucks are neat for the VW crowd however the later model Pucks such as the one pictured above by "Jack Walter" are so much nicer, camp better, tow better and live in comfort better than any Vintage Puck trailer ever thought about providing.

Damn shame Pucks are not sold new in the USA. Of course the same can be said about other European Camper or Australian Caravans as well. These foreign designed and built trailers sure would make the domestic RV manufacturers have to up their game to sell anything when US buyers find out home much better build quality, design and function are provided by trailers designed in built in other parts of the world!

Remember "Drive Fast, Turn Heads, Break Hearts"!
vintageracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 09:04 PM   #20

Name: Robert
Trailer: In the market
NSW
Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageracer View Post
Personally from my perspective the Old Vintage Pucks are neat for the VW crowd however the later model Pucks such as the one pictured above by "Jack Walter" are so much nicer, camp better, tow better and live in comfort better than any Vintage Puck trailer ever thought about providing.

Damn shame Pucks are not sold new in the USA. Of course the same can be said about other European Camper or Australian Caravans as well. These foreign designed and built trailers sure would make the domestic RV manufacturers have to up their game to sell anything when US buyers find out home much better build quality, design and function are provided by trailers designed in built in other parts of the world!
Correct about that. very much shake up the US industry
RobertRyan is offline   Reply With Quote