Tours - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-30-2011, 07:26 PM   #21

Trailer: 2008 Oliver Legacy Elite
Registry
Don't you love the questions before the tour...
Do you have a kitchen? shower? toilet?
It's so cute, but do you have to make up the bed every night?
I see you have solar... Do you like it?
How long have you been away from home?
After the tour:
Wow. I never thought all that could fit in such a small space.
So, you've really been away from home for xxx months? (Yes, and we're still married... my usual answer...)
Would you mind if my husband/wife/significant other came by tomorrow for a tour?

I always remind people that small trailers live really, really big on the "outside". The inside is for the three s's: sleeping, storage, and soppy days...

Actually, I don't like our trailer so much after a couple days in a row. Then, I have to go somewhere else.... with or without the trailer!

Sherry
SherryNPaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 07:32 PM   #22

Trailer: 2010 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
I've learned to always make the bed. We often give tours while gassing up on the road.
Ellen B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 07:43 PM   #23

Trailer: Boler 1984
While registering at a Northern Ontario campground a couple actually ran across the to where we were to ask for a tour. Then they led us to our site and helped to park the trailer. I asked for five minutes to be able to hook up and when finshed we gave tours to five other couples over the next twenty or thirty minutes. Later we found that another Boler owner wouldn't even talk to anyone because it was too anoying and they were all dieing to look at "That cute little thing". We have shown the little gem to hundreds since and enjoyed the camaraderie of every visit. It sure makes camping a friendly experience and a great way to greet new friends. Many of these same people would never think to talk to a stranger on the street or in a grocery store but I guess campgrounds gives us all common ground [so to speak].
james kent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 08:28 PM   #24

Name: Mike
Trailer: 93 Burro 17 ft
Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by honda03842 View Post
Our 10th tour today. A number of people have been Casita 16 owners or had been in last winter's Casita 16. Virtually everyone that's been in both asks how much larger the Scamp is. I believe three factors give that impression 1. the additional height, 2. the front window and 3. the additioanl 6" width in the space between the counters.

Ginny came to an interesting conclusion today for a future modification. She suggested extending the side bath to the front, moving the toilet into the new front section and leaving the existing bath/shower area as a traditional dry shower.

I had considered that idea, maybe next time.

I've also considered extending a foot space over our rear bumper box and fairing that whole volume into the back with fiberglass, making a cuter bumper box. This would allow a walk around convertible bed with a small pullout couch and two small easy chairs.

In the above configuration the kitchen would move to the front of the trailer.
No doubt, the Casita does feel tighter to me than the Scamp. I couldn't put my finger on the reason, but I bet you are right when you mention the aisle width.

Those mods sound like work!! If you do the second one, it sounds promising enough that some egg mfr might want to start making them that way.
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote