Trading Escape 21c for a Big Foot 25rbrq or rt - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-08-2022, 09:39 AM   #1

Name: Shawn
Trailer: 2021 Bigfoot 25B25RT. Prior units: 2019 Escape 21, 2001 Casita SD17
Kentucky
Trading Escape 21c for a Big Foot 25rbrq or rt

Wondering if anyone wished that they had a smaller trailer or a bit more money in the bank! We have a 2019 Escape 21c with most option, just returned from a trip which my wife tried to work from anywhere. The Verizon and ATT 5g combo worked great but the space layout in the 21 is just to small. We are on the list for a Escape 23, not sure we can wait much longer. We brought the Escape new after having a Casita SD17 for a few years.

Anyone interested?
Thanks
Shawn
buellfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2022, 10:08 AM   #2

Name: John
Trailer: Bigfoot 25 RQ
Ohio
We are doing exactly that. We ordered a 25 RQ in October and sold the 21C. The wait list is different depending on which dealer you order from and which allocated slots they pre-sell. It’s an expensive trailer, but still 30 to 40, 000 cheaper than an airstream. We did get to look at that same model in a campground in Ohio soon after we ordered. We were impressed with the room and build quality. We had our Escape for 4 years. It’s nice the bedroom is somewhat isolated from the front as we have different sleeping schedules. I’m looking forward to ours, which initially was due in June but now august. We thought hard about this and after seeing one we’re glad we did it. Like you we were on the 23 wait list but we are too,old to wait 2 years plus for a trailer that has not even been protyped.
oldwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2022, 10:09 AM   #3

Ohio
By the way if you list it on the Escape pre owned site it will sell quick.
Old 01-08-2022, 10:21 AM   #4

Kentucky
John,
I spoke to you about your move over on Escape Forum, I have a quote from the dealer in denver, about $63000 for a well equipped 25rbrt. The Escape market is so crazy if I sell not sure how I should handle the pricing, that is why I was hoping to trade, may not workout. There doesn't seem to be a Bigfoot forum that is active, like the Escapeforum.
Old 01-08-2022, 10:43 AM   #5

Ohio
There is a Bigfoot forum that is a 20 per year price, it’s not nearly as active , probably because they charge and there are fewer Bigfoot owners. I priced my 21 at 34 and it sold in 30 minutes. I could have gotten more I’m sure. Was even offered 36 after I agreed to sell, but I stood by my word. The Facebook page has more action than the forum. Good luck. The good thing is you could keep you trailer up until time to take delivery of a new one and sell it in a day. We opted to sell and just not camp the early summer this year. I figured the risk of an accident or damage was greater and we absolutely need the equity to pay for the Bigfoot . Our 21c was lightly optioned with air, solar, microwave and a few other minor things. A highly optioned will go for what you paid for it. In our case I did quite a bit of upgrades to electrical and storage. I did get back that money and some more compared to, the original purchase price. Essentially 4 years of camping for no loss of equity in the 21. A great deal. Good luck, we are anxiously awaiting ours.

That dealer has a good reputation, we ordered ours from Chuck at Apache in Portland, Oregon as they had an earlier slot. Even then our June slot has slipped to August. The pricing between the two dealers was almost identical and my daughter lives in Portland and we will combine a visit with the delivery. Good luck, a lot more trailer, but we will pay for it. Also factor in the fact that it’s much heavier. Our f150 will meet the specs for payload and tow capacity, it’s a two wheel,drive super cab, but barely. Most owners like a 3/4 ton. My truck is old but in immaculate shape, so we are going with it for pickup and the initial trip across country. I suspect going over Vail pass would be challenging. In 23 we will looking to upgrade anyway.
Old 01-08-2022, 06:59 PM   #6

Name: Ed
Trailer: Bigfoot 25 RT
Colorado
Oldwave said
“I suspect going over Vail pass would be challenging.”

We just towed our BF 25RT from Grand Junction to Denver with our Expedition.
3.5 Eco Boost.
Not even the smallest issue. I could accelerate up the steepest grade when passing a slow moving truck. That twin turbo is one serious engine.
Use the tow/haul mode and brakes were rarely required going down the mountain.

Vail pass and The Ike were nothing.

We also sold our E21 to buy the BF. Also gave up on waiting for the E23.
IMEd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2022, 07:03 PM   #7

Ohio
Ah we have an old 2004 5.4 v8
Much less power and torque
Still it will do the job for a bit
Old 01-08-2022, 09:01 PM   #8

Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMEd View Post
Oldwave said
“I suspect going over Vail pass would be challenging.”

We just towed our BF 25RT from Grand Junction to Denver with our Expedition.
3.5 Eco Boost.
Not even the smallest issue. I could accelerate up the steepest grade when passing a slow moving truck. That twin turbo is one serious engine.
Use the tow/haul mode and brakes were rarely required going down the mountain.

Vail pass and The Ike were nothing.

We also sold our E21 to buy the BF. Also gave up on waiting for the E23.
How are you liking it ? We are very excited !
Old 01-08-2022, 11:29 PM   #9

Name: Sandy
Trailer: Bigfoot
California
I also sold my 2018 Escape 21C and purchased a 2020 Bigfoot 25 ft RQ. I love the Bigfoot. I love having the dry bath, and having an actual bedroom. I had a 2016 F-150 3.5 eco boost and did pull the trailer home to California from Montana using a weight distribution hitch. I felt that my F-150 was not enough truck for the job. I ended up getting a 2019 F-250 Lariat. For me, it is a perfect match for pulling the Bigfoot. I no longer need to use the weight distribution hitch. There is no bounce or sway whatsoever. I have since returned to Montana, Wyoming and South Dakota this summer. I have also traveled the west coast up to Washington. Love the combination.
sandyb12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2022, 03:44 AM   #10

Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldwave View Post
How are you liking it ? We are very excited !
We are really pleased with it. Top quality. Now we’ve only had it for about three months, but so far, the only issue we have had was a loose plastic track in one window. The Escape we had was also trouble free. Two good products.
We are enjoying the extra room and the twin bed layout. More storage than we need.
Of course, that all comes with a price.

You will like it.
Old 01-09-2022, 07:13 AM   #11

Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMEd View Post
We are really pleased with it. Top quality. Now we’ve only had it for about three months, but so far, the only issue we have had was a loose plastic track in one window. The Escape we had was also trouble free. Two good products.
We are enjoying the extra room and the twin bed layout. More storage than we need.
Of course, that all comes with a price.

You will like it.
Sounds like the progression to the Bigfoot 25 was a great move. I would do either the rear queen or the twins, but I think I would rather have the twins, I must be getting old! I may look at the 25-28ft Airstream as they have a few great floor plans, love the look but not sure I want to deal with the chances of dents or leaks, and I would need a larger truck.
Old 01-09-2022, 10:52 AM   #12

Name: Tom
Trailer: 21' Escape
Tennessee
I think if I switched from Escape to Bigfoot, I would opt for the Bigfoot 21, Rear bed..........
Old 01-09-2022, 11:27 AM   #13

Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATHiker View Post
I think if I switched from Escape to Bigfoot, I would opt for the Bigfoot 21, Rear bed..........
We looked at that but it was the same issue, no walk around bed. It was essentially a similar layout. We really wanted the extra room also .
The escape was a fine trailer, but a little claustrophobic for us. My partner can go to bed early, like she likes to do and be in a bedroom with a soft door. I can read and stay up, like I like to do.
Old 01-09-2022, 01:30 PM   #14

Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by buellfire View Post
Sounds like the progression to the Bigfoot 25 was a great move. I would do either the rear queen or the twins, but I think I would rather have the twins,
We looked at both floor plans and went with the RT. More storage because the underneath of the beds is all storage. Since we didn’t want the extra length or weight or cost associated with the added front storage box, the extra storage under the beds is a plus for us. Others have different needs, of course.

No need to disturb the other when getting up at night or going to bed at different times.

Here is a nice U Tube video on the RT.

https://youtu.be/rzA_kEDMZ7c

You can’t go wrong either way.

I’ve seen Airstreams in our RV storage yard after a hail storm. What a mess.
Old 01-09-2022, 07:37 PM   #15

Name: Tom
Trailer: 21' Escape
Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldwave View Post
We looked at that but it was the same issue, no walk around bed. It was essentially a similar layout. We really wanted the extra room also .
The escape was a fine trailer, but a little claustrophobic for us. My partner can go to bed early, like she likes to do and be in a bedroom with a soft door. I can read and stay up, like I like to do.
Agree its the same layout (but reversed), not sure which came first? I like the little extra width, which opens up the dining table. Also, the weight is still manageable, and not so large as to limit camp sites in state and natl'l parks...........
Old 01-09-2022, 08:39 PM   #16

Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATHiker View Post
Agree its the same layout (but reversed), not sure which came first? I like the little extra width, which opens up the dining table. Also, the weight is still manageable, and not so large as to limit camp sites in state and natl'l parks...........
No doubt its a fine camper
Old 01-12-2022, 11:10 AM   #17

Name: larry
Trailer: Casita, but in the market for a bigfoot
Colorado
bigfoot vs escape

I've owned both trailers, 25rq bigfoot and a 21c escape. The build quality and thoughtful layout of the escape is light years ahead of bigfoot. Just my humble opinon
larryc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2022, 01:23 PM   #18

Name: Rob
Trailer: 2020 BigFoot 25RQ
Colorado
We have owned up to 39 foot fifth wheel travel trailers, eventually sized down to a Leisure Travel Mercedes Sprinter Van (which was too small), sold that and purchased a 2020 Bigfoot 25RQ new (after also considering Oliver). We love our Bigfoot. The perfect size for us and although we haven't owned an Escape, the Bigfoot is the best travel trailer we have ever owned. We pull it with a 2020 Ford F150 with an Ecoboost engine. We live in Colorado and frequently pull the trailer up I70 into the mountains. Loads of power and the Bigfoot pulls like a dream over passes and through high winds. Good luck!
Moots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2022, 01:44 PM   #19

Name: Bruce
Trailer: Casita
Lafayette
Interested

I’m looking to buy a bigger camper. I’ve got a casita now. We’re out west. California now.
Can you send photos to Schultzredfish @ gmail.com?
Thanks
Makingtrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2022, 03:20 PM   #20

Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Makingtrax View Post
I’m looking to buy a bigger camper. I’ve got a casita now. We’re out west. California now.
Can you send photos to Schultzredfish @ gmail.com?
Thanks
I responded to your request

Tags
escape