trail lite (good bad or ugly) - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-08-2007, 04:56 PM   #1

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
I have been looking on e bay and here in town, Does anybody have any info on these type of fiberglass campers, I was looking at the 19 ft, 2400lbs used Thanbks Mark T
mark tds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 06:40 PM   #2

Trailer: 1973 Compact Jr and 1980 Bigfoot 17 ft
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Tom Trostel Send a message via MSN to Tom Trostel
Is this it?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Trail-Lite-...1QQcmdZViewItem

Trail Lite appears to be a stick built trailer with fiberglass siding. It's not a molded fiberglass trailer. Due to its construction it will eventually leak water at one of its many seams. Don't think it will hold value very well.

Tom Trostel
Old 03-08-2007, 07:05 PM   #3

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Quote:
Is this it?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Trail-Lite-...1QQcmdZViewItem

Trail Lite appears to be a stick built trailer with fiberglass siding. It's not a molded fiberglass trailer. Due to its construction it will eventually leak water at one of its many seams. Don't think it will hold value very well.

Tom Trostel
The trail lite was a19ft on e bay, can be had for about 5000$ Thanks Mark T
mark tds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 08:16 AM   #4

Trailer: 87 U-Haul CT13
See this link:

R-Vision towables

The Trail Lites are manufactured by R-Vision, and they are indeed stick-built trailers. FWIW, the local dealer here sells a lot of them.
jasoncarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 08:53 AM   #5

Trailer: 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel Dlx / 2001 Ford Ranger 4x4
I "almost' and I say "almost' was gonna get the Batam.. I really liked the layout and lots of closet room, and a nice big bathroom.. BUT they arent fiberglass and I didnt like the bed extended out... Again like the tent trailers its nothing but elastic around the bottom of the platform... with the dogs its not safe and I wouldnt have felt very secure in it... For a Stickie this little trailer isnt bad.... and really doesnt weigh that much dry.
Christi V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 11:16 AM   #6

Trailer: Casita Spirit Deluxe 17 ft
I owned a Trail-Lite and they are probably better than most light weight stick built trailers. That said there is no comparision between them and a quality fiberglas egg trailer if you can live with the smaller size. In my opinion R-Vision is not a customer responsive company. They will not even supply a list of their dealers - only the name of the closest one to your address. The maintenance required to keep this box from leaking is high - not to mention the interior components that need constant attention. They are built lite and not for longevity IMHO. I was a member of two owner web sites and there were numerous posts about unresolved warranty claims and other problems. Purchase with your eyes wide open.. Martin
Martin D is offline   Reply With Quote