Trailer that will fit through an 8ft garage door - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-13-2020, 05:30 AM   #21

Name: JD
Trailer: Scamp 16 Modified (BIGLY)
Florida
Most garages will take a 7 foot door due to the 8 foot ceiling (plus a few inches since most garage floors are lower than the house elevation by 3 - 6 inches due to code). An 8 foot door won't fit in most cases and would probably be more than an easy do it yourself job.
That being said I doubt that any of the small trailers with a roof top AC will fit.
My Scamp without the roof top AC would not go in even with the wheels off and rolling pads used to just barely keep the brake drums off the floor. The Escape vent wanted to hit in my case. The 16' Scamp has a higher ceiling than many so yours might be that few inches lower.
That being said many have managed to get smaller wheels, rolling pads, etc and shoehorn them in.
redbarron55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2020, 06:03 AM   #22
Commercial Member

Name: Mike
Trailer: Boler13/trillium4500/buro13
Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill2015 View Post
Hi. We are new to trailering and have decided on some sort of new fgrv but think we want one that we can store at home in our garage. It looks to me like Scamp, Casita, Happier Camper and Trillium Outback might work.

Are there other options I'm missing? Can I trust the specs (ex. if the mfg says 7' 10" so only 2" to spare) to be accurate?

We want a very light weight trailer that can be easily towed with our existing vehicle (Lexus RX, max 3500 lbs) over mountain passes if needed. A bathroom isn't a high priority for us. We would prefer a bigger bed but it looks like we'll have to compromise on the 48" bed.

Currently the 16 ft Scamp (like floorplan 4) or the Trillium Outback (love the bigger windows) are the front runners for us. The Happier Camper looks so cool, but I would prefer something a little homier.

Any thoughts? Thank you in advance!
If by homier you mean a bath and shower the HC1 will be introducing a new 13 ft trailer with built in bath ,shower and kitchen . The standard HC1 with air would easily fit a 8 trailer door and the raised version with air would fit but you would need to let half the air out of the tires.
Mikmay is offline   Reply With Quote