Trailers that can fit under a 90" roof overhang - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 01-08-2023, 01:33 AM   #1

Name: Tyler
Trailer: In the market
AZ
Trailers that can fit under a 90" roof overhang

Hey All,

I'm currently looking at prospective trailers to upgrade from an old popup and was wondering if anyone knew of a trailer that would fit under my 90" clearance roof overhang, it's 2' from the garage wall on the side of my house and after that I'm in the clear for about 6' width till I hit my neighbors property line. I know fiberglass trailers are sloped, but their specs I can find just list the max height (usually pre-slope and incl AC which doesn't affect my limitation).

Thanks!
Loth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2023, 06:32 AM   #2

Name: Shelby
Trailer: Casita SD
Tennessee
Interesting problem! I've read that folks sometimes will install a pair of bare wheels to lower enough for parking in a garage. Width will also be a concern. Most FG trailers seem to be a minimum of 6'8". You'll need some first rate skill to back that into an 8' slot. Then you still wouldn't be able to open the door and go in and out w/o encroaching on your neighbor.
ShelbyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2023, 07:26 AM   #3

Name: Jonathan
Trailer: ex-Casita, now Alto R series
Massachusetts
Keeping the camper height measurement under 7'6" (90 inches), even if only for the first 2 feet of camper width (not necessarily to the center of the camper roof) is going to be tough. The interior height will be around 6'. The floor will be about 16 inches up from the ground. That's 7 1/2 feet right there.
Does the 8 feet limit to the property line increase once past the garage? Use right up to the line to pull or back into the larger area past the garage. Then maneuver away from the line to allow, at minimum, walk-around room without trespass.
Lay a stacked pair of 2x6 beams under the house-side trailer tire to lean the camper roof a few degrees further from the garage roof overhang as you back in.

On second thought, the lean to the side might not be enough to offset the height increase from driving up on the planks. Trench the far side trailer wheel track instead?